This beautiful retreat 2 hours away from Nadi town, "does exactly what it says on the tin", and will not let you down. My partner and I stayed here a week ago for four nights and after our wonderful stay at Namuka Bay, we went on to one of the 5* island resorts off the mainland. This is NOT what Namuka is about, so if that's what you're looking for don't go here.
Namuka is all about getting back to basics, it's very cheap to stay here, but that doesn't mean the quality isn't 10/10. Shmelly, Olay and Annie are your top 3 staff for the personal experience (get Shmelly and the dogs to take you to the limestone caves to hear the Fijian folk stories) they were all so personable, couldn't do enough for us and made our stay so special.
All in all we loved Namuka. The location is amazing, it's off the beaten track though so my top tip is to be prepared. Bring some of your own entertainment if you get bored of sunbaking and reading all day (as there is not much else to do, remember that there is no electricity in the day and no-where else to really go at night) so bring along a bat and ball, some playing cards and some snacks if you don't want to have a big meal for lunch, as unfortunately there is no supply of snacks such a chips, ice cream etc.
If you want authentic Fiji, go here, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Namuka bay lagoon is more of a hideaway than a frilly resort it offers wellness in its serene and unpulluted surroundings, adventure in its limestone caves and historic archelogical sites and activities ranging from mountain biking,kayaking, horseriding, massage,meditation,snorkelling,hiking to nearby Fijian village or to nearby 5 star rssorts.The Namuka Bay lagoon is very safe for kids and it is the last part of the mainland which still has live coral.Namuka bay promises a healthy you, through our resorts gardens and corn fed pultry and meadow fresh milk and eggs. If you want to feel alive again try us..you wont be disapointed Namuka is Fiji's newly discovered paradise its not only for a new breed of eco-travellers but its for those who want to rejuvenate themselves and return to mother nature itself A unique blend of nature and adventure awaits you ...hidden amongst rolling hills of a tropical rainforest. Namuka Bay promises more than just a holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Hotel Sigatoka
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort Fiji/Sigatoka