If you like relaxed, slow settings, close to the sea with no computer distractions then this place is great. A 10 minute taxi ride ($25 one way) up the road and you can be amongst 5 star resort types at the Outrigger Resort, but personally I preferred the setting at Tambua. Spacious, simple villas right on the beach.
The only shame is the food. It's not great and has so much potential to be better. And because you're a taxi ride away from any other food really it's a bit frustrating. I'd recommend getting a few basics and fruit on your way from the airport at Sigatoka town - then relax at Tambua and perhaps treat yourself to some meals up by the Outrigger - either at the resort (pricey) or just downhill of it at the beach at La Café or at Bedarra Beach Inn (great food at a much cheaper price).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 17 pristine acres on the breathtaking Coral Coast of Fiji, Tambua Sands Beach Resort is a South Pacific escape for the soul. Bathe in the warm South Pacific waters, relax on a white sand beach, and articlee in to our blue lagoon and fresh water pool. Discover a romantic vacation getaway, where you are free to relax, indulge, play, eat, celebrate and fall in love at our spectacular Fiji luxury resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tambua Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambua Sands Sigatoka
- Tambua Sands Hotel Sigatoka
- Tambua Sands Fiji/Sigatoka