“Tambua Sands - a relaxing, simple hideaway”
Review of Tambua Sands

Tambua Sands
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you like relaxed, slow settings, close to the sea with no computer distractions then this place is great. A 10 minute taxi ride ($25 one way) up the road and you can be amongst 5 star resort types at the Outrigger Resort, but personally I preferred the setting at Tambua. Spacious, simple villas right on the beach.

The only shame is the food. It's not great and has so much potential to be better. And because you're a taxi ride away from any other food really it's a bit frustrating. I'd recommend getting a few basics and fruit on your way from the airport at Sigatoka town - then relax at Tambua and perhaps treat yourself to some meals up by the Outrigger - either at the resort (pricey) or just downhill of it at the beach at La Café or at Bedarra Beach Inn (great food at a much cheaper price).

Room Tip: I guess ask for a villa on the beach front. There's a couple of rows, one in front and one behin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Bula jjcs78,

Thank you for recently online review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbacks from all our guests as we strive to deliver quality service to all our guests.

The hotel management has reviewed your concerns and has undertaken appropriate measures to address them, in a bid to further improve guest experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the future.

ttuidraki@warwickhotels.com

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have stayed at Tambua Sands for the last two years on our annual Fiji holiday. We just love the relaxed atmosphere and the beautiful reef and ocean views from the beachfront bures. The staff are always smiling and can't do enough for you. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Bula Grant,

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive comment on your previous stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will definitely share your comments with all our staff and I am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to us all, as we strive to provide and deliver quality service to all our guests at the resort.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I look forward to welcome you again at the resort soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. From the moment I arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable and a few steps from the beach! Beautiful! The food was delicious and reasonably priced for a resort. Throughout my weeklong stay nothing was too much trouble for the staff! Needed extra towels? No problem! Can I please eat my lunch by the pool? Sure, I’ll bring it out to you! My boyfriend is sick in the room can I take some breakfast to him? Of course! The pool was on the smaller side but it was clean and really relaxing. The band was fantastic as well! They would walk around the resort and were happy to play requests. On my last night they sang me a traditional Fijian farewell song. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend Tambua Sands to others. Hopefully I can return soon!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Claire J
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Bula Claire,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide positive comment on your previous stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will definitely share your comments with all our staff and I am sure your feedback will serve as an encouragement to us all, as we strive to continuously improve the qualities of our service to all our guests at the resort.

Thank you for your remarkable comments on our warm Fijian hospitality from our staff including our band boys which they played a major role at the resort by providing memorable experience to all our guests.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about a 10 minute drive from sigatoka along the coral coast amongst the other resorts. There wasn't many people there when I went which is a shame for the resort as it really is a quiet peaceful place.

The bures are situated in a coconut plantation right on the beach. There are some recently renovated ones which have their own little pools and the rooms are amazing. However I stayed in. Slightly older bure but these are still lovely with 3 beds and a clean shower and toilet. After spending a month in suva they are definitely 5 star luxury. The prices are very reasonable and I paid 180 fjd for a beachfront bure with sea views.

The beach is small but still nice and there is a Bay Area that you can snorkel in but it is very shallow At low tide. You get free use of the snorkels and kayaks which is fun.

Every night there is entertainment with men playing ukeleles and they serenade people at table. Everyone is very welcoming and lovely.

My only criticisms are that they charge 60 dollars return for a taxi into sigatoka. You can stand on the main road and get a taxi for 15 dollars one way or a mini bus for 4 dollars return. The other one is the food. For the amount you pay you don't get large portions and this could be improved, however the food was nice.

Overall I'f your looking for a quiet holiday in the sun at a good price I'd 100 percent recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Bula Hannah,

Thank you for your recent online review and for choosing to stay with us at Tambua Sands Resort.

I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality at the restaurant including our in-house serenaders which has added a delightful ambiance to your experience.

I am glad that you remarked the outstanding 5 star service from our staff including the Beachfront sea view bures.
We have a contracted taxi service at the resort which we have been receiving positive feedbacks from our past clients. I will be addressing your concern with their management.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the future.

ttuidraki@warwickhotels.com

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a beachfront bure which was about 10 steps from the beach. The room was clean and it was nice to have a fridge.

The food in the restaurant was expensive and not very good (fruit smoothie made from tinned fruit...), but all the staff were very nice and welcoming.

We caught the Sunbeam bus from Nadi Airport which cost FJ$8.10 per person each way - comfy and air conditioned.

Overall, we had a nice relaxing stay at Tambua Sands but it was a real pity about the food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Bula Petch,
Thank you for your recent online review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
At Tambua Sands Resort we strive to provide a quality service and memorable stay experience to all our guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us. The issues that you've highlighted in relation to the food, is currently being addressed by the hotel’s management team.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday to Fiji.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff at Tambua Sands were extremely helpful and welcoming. The room was very clean and large. The grounds were beautiful. I only stayed 2 nights but I was very impressed with the resort. I had a deluxe bure with brilliant ocean views. A very relaxing environment. The massage by the beach was just fantastic. I just wish I had more time to spend there.
A quick trip into Sigatoka made shopping easy.
I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Beach front Bures have gorgeous views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sharyn W
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Bula Sharyn,
Sunny greetings from Tambua Sands Resort! A big VINAKA (THANK YOU) from the team here and it is always a pleasure to receive guest feedback. Thank you so much for taking your time to share your wonderful experience online. I am thrilled to read that you remarked the exceptional service from our friendly staff, clean rooms, beautiful landscape including your experience with the beach massage and shopping trip to Sigatoka.

I will definitely share your review with my staff as they would love to know that our guests appreciate our service.

Thank you again for your positive comments and we would love to see you again at the resort soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

the resort is just ok, nothing extraordinary. the beach is very reefy. getting in the water is quite impossible, the food was very expensive and not good at all. he staff are not interested in working, the reception girl was quite rude when i asked her about WIFI.
We were staying in deluxe vila, which was just all right, not very clean and no air con.. However the view was great and the garden behind is not bad. This is a good place for family, i saw some children games & sports..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sonia A
Tambua Sands T, General Manager at Tambua Sands, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Bula Sonia,

Thank you for your online review. We have noticed that you last stayed at the resort in December 2012. The new management started on the 1st week of May 2013 till to date in which they have made a lot of efforts at the resort.

There has been a lot of changes currently on our service from the reception, restaurant, rooms including all other departments. So far our positive feedback is 90% and our aim is to strive to offer quality service to all our guests that are staying with us.

We highly recommend that you try Tambua Sands the next time you visit Sigatoka.

Tambua Sands Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Bedarra Beach Inn
30 mi away
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
5 mi away
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Tambua Sands? Share your experiences!