Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park

from $114.89
More Info
from $146.66
More Info
All reviews hour walk mahogany forest longer walk drift wood great walk lots of water short walk visitor center sun screen rugby team walk along the beach walking shoes entry fee small fee fruit bats worth the effort taxi driver
Reviewed October 26, 2017

I took the 2 hour walk. The passionate tour guide told me about the nature of the sand dunes, the forests and the village around this site. The grain was so fine that I could see the wave and even the drop of the sand -- it was really romantic!! I strongly recommend everyone who stays Nadi and Coral Coast to visit this amazing place!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Matsuuu
Reviewed October 20, 2017

This was probably the most beautiful place on Fiji's main island. I would definitely recommend the full 2-hour walk, as the most amazing sights are at the far end of the park. I would also suggest to arrive as early as possible to avoid finishing the walk around noon and take plenty of water with you. We did 9am to 11am and by the final stretch we were all quite exhausted.

Still, it was worth it. The feeling when we came to the end of the dirt path and realized that we would have to continue through the sand dunes themselves was overwhelming. Feels like trailblazing on Mars. We crossed the dune highlands and then had to climb down the side of the dunes to the sea shore, which also felt like an adventure.

The only suggestion to the park is that it would help to have a few signs on the beach that would point towards the trails leading back to the exits. We found our way by trying and failing a few times, and the map of the park that I shot at the entrance was not too much help.

In any case, an unforgettable experience.

3  Thank Andrey T
Reviewed October 18, 2017

It was a reasonably warm day when we decided to tackle the dunes. Having done it 10 years ago we thought we'd see the improvements. The walkways and steps were much appreciated. Because it was hot we opted for the short trail and that was quite enough for a 60+ 'old' woman. I think it is a 'must see' if you are in the area and the man at the centre was very helpful.

2  Thank Vally29
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Took a cab from our hotel to Fiji's only National Park and was not disappointed. My wife and I took the two hour walk and enjoyed the solitude along the beach and saw quite a few birds. As other reviews have said go as early in the morning as possible to avoid the heat and carry enough water. We talked with two very friendly Rangers TUILAKEBA & ROGOIRA who were both informative and very helpful with hints to make the hike better! Really glad we made it here!

3  Thank Ranger145
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We chose the one hour trip and enjoyed it thoroughly. A good escape from the touristy trails and a peep into a beautiful part of Fiji. The views from the top were stunning, the beach and the final part of forest were beautifully too. The staff was really attentive and willing to help an answer all questions. We really enjoyed.

1  Thank Belen A