Just returned from a very wet holiday in Fiji. We stayed at the Hideaway and overall were happy with the stay.
- For the most part, staff are very friendly and interested. Mila says "Bula" to Faiyez :)
- Villas/Bure's are great value, and while a little aged in some respects they are easily 4 star quality.
- Rydges card offers big accomodation/food/internet discounts
- Wireless internet is cheap & fast enough for most casual use
- Immaculate grounds which are great for kids to explore (interesting trees/plants are labeled)
- Great for scuba divers - onsite shop convenient, with good equipment. Dive sites close to resort. Free scuba intro/refresher sessions in the pool.
- Nice pool with waterslide for kids.
- Babysitters cheap and good with kids (we always paid a little extra over the quoted rate of $3.50/hour). Recommend Vina
and Asinatha (sp?). Our daughter is still asking after them.
- Good wine cellar containing some interesting wines from places like Australia, New Zealand, Lebanon, France and Italy
The not so good:
- Kids club staff didn't seem very motivated to entertain the kids and seemed bored on occasion. Not many indoor activities
save for TV room and a small box of lego. Still, better than what most resorts offer.
- Occasional mixups with or loss of babysitter bookings by reception staff
- Quite scary babysitter form that absolves Hideaway of all responsibility for the child even if death is caused by
the negligence of the babysitter.
- Having to mention your discount card every time to eat/drink got tiring - especially since the card details should
already be on the system from our checkin.
- Snorkelling area is being hammered by careless snorkellers - might need a big "Do NOT stand on corals sign"
- Fins offered by dive shop are the full-foot variety. They have one or two sets of strap fins, but would
recommend scubadivers bring their own.
- Chains on the hammocks are wearing very thin in some cases. Will need to be changed soon.
In summary - a very nice resort with some minor niggles. If the weather had played along it would have been a wonderful
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Hideaway Hotel Sigatoka
- Fiji Hideaway Resort And Spa
- Rydges Hideaway Hotel
- Rydges Hideaway Sigatoka
- Hideaway Resort Fiji
- Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa Sigatoka