“Honeymoon and fun.”

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Recently had our honeymoon at Fiji Hideaway and upgraded to a oceanfront bure for $300 AUD and it was great. I really wanted to sleep in a bed with net and the outdoor bath and shower was just beautiful.
The Fiji Hideaway while not five star is great for a friendly, relaxing, great food and actually feels like you are in Fiji not just anywhere else in a 5 star hotel in any city. My husband had lobster twice and mudcrab twice and was suitably impressed.

The coral reef while not the barrier reef contained interesting creatures to see while snorkelling more than once. This was our second trip to Fiji and we also stayed at the Radisson Blu this time for 3 nights, which was luxury but Hideaway was more our type of place.
The staff are local are lovely people. We met lots of repeat visitors to the Hideaway and we would like to go back as well.

Loved the shows every night put on by the staff, they certainly know how to have fun.
We enjoyed a massage in the spa. We had family with us and the kids had a great time. We didn't have to go anywhere else to see Fire Walking as they came to the Hideaway one night and a fire throwing show was provided free one night. The Church Choir on Sunday were gorgeous and we donated to help them get to Australia for a tour.

I would like to suggest some crisper linen as the sheets on our bed made it feel a little warm. Our air conditioner did struggle a little to keep the room cool. The housekeeping services were great.

We are hoping to go back to see some Rugby as Sigatoka is the Rugby town. Thank you for a nice honeymoon.

Room Tip: The rooms off the road and the oceanfront are the pick.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kath G
There are newer reviews for Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have been to the Hideaway 2 times now and each time I have been given the best service offer-able. The staff are so friendly and service was amazing. The food was always cooked to perfection. The Staff at the bar were always up for a good chat, and service was always fast.
cant wait to be back in January 2014

Room Tip: the west rooms (Ocean rooms) were the best rooms, not as busy and with a perfect view. Both the Ocea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank meghanmking
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The taxi from Airport took surprisingly long, about 1,5 hours. On arrival we were greeted warm heartedly by the staff and offered a drink. Check-in was efficient and the staff very helpful. We had a beachfront villa with a seaside view located towards the end of the resort. It was a quiet location with a nice veranda with views straight to the sea. The room was large and had basic furniture and amenities. No TV which was a great. The furniture was slightly outdated but nevertheless good enough.

The resort has lots of families and groups which seemingly mostly hang around the pool playing volley ball in the water or eating / drinking in the bar. There's some sort of organized program going on but failed to see anything interesting and the general style was catered towards the mass tourist. The pool is adequate but the pool area and restaurant is a bit worn out. The restaurant is really basic and the food quality was nothing special. The most annoying part is the music blasting at full volume every evening during dinner! We always tried to go for dinner after the evening show was over even though the music then starts blasting from the only bar right beside the restaurant. There's only one other option beside the beach but it's an even more worn down restaurant with a mix and match of tables and food. Don't understand why people fly all the way to a peaceful island and then knock themselves out with loud music and a boozing frenzy in the evening? Would think people would rather enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and great island views…

On the positive the staff are extremely friendly and have a great sense of humor. Lots of smiles and laughs. The resort has its own scuba diving center so it's really easy to go out scuba diving on the reef right in front of the resort. Snorkeling is also ok and free masks and fins are offered. There's also a charismatic small guitar group that plays nice tunes around the resort and came to our veranda every evening to play. Great guys!

Our check-out didn't work out as the porter failed to show up as agreed up in the early morning when it was pouring rain. Don't mind carrying luggage ourselves but would have appreciated an umbrella and some help with the luggage. Didn't get any apologies at the front desk and left the resort on a literally wet and disappointed feeling.

All in all, I would say that the location is worth 4 stars but the atmosphere around the pool and restaurant is somewhat cheap and unsophisticated. Probably great for families and groups wanting to booze and listen to disco music blasting in the night. A facelift and upgrade throughout the restaurant and pool areas would improve the experience. Good value for money though if you get an affordable price as well as extremely friendly staff.

Room Tip: As far away from the restaurant and pool if you want some quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Helsinkiglobus
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our family stayed at the fiji hideaway for 7 days and loved it. My husband and two kids aged 14 and 16. The people make the resort and the all inclusive was the way to go if you like to have a drink and eat heaps even if you don't I would still advise to do this. Snorkeling was fantastic we seen lots of different fish even lots of clown fish if you know where to go. Yes the resort is a good hour and half from the airport but if you only do it there and back and not head to port denaru again it doesn't matter to much. If I had my time again I wouldn't travel back to Port Denaru to do the island trip the snorkeling we did at the hideaway was just as good sure the coral wasn't but that didn't bother us. Meals were good and the egg man was always freindly and funny. If you have a good sense of humour and friendly outlook in life you will enjoy it here. Join in and have a great time its not hard. If more people had the outlook in life like the Fijian people the world would be a better place. Hello to Latte and Marle and everybody else, to many people to mention. We'll be back

Room Tip: We stayed in the Frangapani and was very happy your only 50 meters to the beach and ours still had...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jody M
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the fiji hideaway for 7 nights with some mixed feelings. Overall we enjoyed our stay but not sure if we would return for a number of reasons. Firstly, you must know that the resort is a minimum of 1.5hrs drive from the airport. It actually took us 2hrs. With 3 young kids (aged 10, 8 & 4) this seemed to take forever! We stayed in the frangipani bure which was large and comfortable. We really loved the outdoor shower/bath. Rooms were cleaned every day by lovely ladies. Location is lovely. Even when not in an ocean front room, no rooms are more than 500 metres from the ocean. Dinners proved a little difficult as kids ate separately to adults. Strict times applied to their meals which then meant they were bored when we were eating. I guess if your kids are older this would not be a problem, but with 5 years and under this was always stressful. Food was ok. Not the best, not the worst. Some nights better than others. Of course everything is on fiji time so expect to wait up to half an hour for your cocktails lol. Kids club was not much. Either a small room with tv and toys etc but bigger kids got bored here very quickly or the outside activities such as volley ball in which our 4 year could not be part of. Overall, the resort felt alittle outdated, but the staff were all really friendly.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stacey-11-74
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Me and my wife spent 4 days at Hideaway. There is not to much to do locally but if you want to just lax out it's fantastic. The activities co-coordinators Luke & Ziggy are great fun in the pool, starting with water aerobics then on to games (water volleyball etc). I would suggest getting the full food and drink package if your planing on having a good time, it costs a bit extra but is worth it in the end as you can unexpectedly clock up a huge food and drink bill. My wife and I are fully intending going back next year and taking kids and parents this time. IF you want spirits etc for in your room get duty free, it costs a fortune to buy a bottle of bourbon in Sigatoka ($100+). Recommend you get involved and socialize you'll have a ball.

Room Tip: If your only sleeping in them it dosn't matter, if you want to spend time sat on the porch go fo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I know it's difficult to not be biased as it was our honeymoon and we had travelled all the way from the UK to enjoy it.

I'm quite a cynical person and when we were greeted with a drum roll and a song and a cheery "Bula" the little voice in my head said "they can't be this cheery all the time". They can and are.

Whether this is unique to the resort or just the whole of Fiji i'm not sure but I have never been somewhere SO welcoming.

Before I get into the meat of the review I will just tell you a little story - we had gone on a bus excursion to do a boat trip to a secluded island and a few drinks had been consumed. I left my iPhone on the bus. This contained all my wedding photos. I was visibly upset and one of the staff asked if I wanted him to try and get it back. He phoned ahead to a police roadblock to stop the bus and sent a taxi after the bus to retrieve the phone. Within twenty minutes my phone, which was probably worth a good few months wages, was back in my hand. It cost me about £4 for the taxi to chase the bus, I tipped them as well obviously. I can't say that this would have happened in other hotels I have stayed at. Superb.

The rooms were simple though with various entertainment on offer and a really nice pool and an adequate gym we didn't spend much time there.

TRY THE COCKTAILS.

Yes it's a small point, no it isn't a deal breaker - but you can see why they have won awards.

The food is very good and the breakfasts are self service so we filled up on that.

There was always a bit of lunch time entertainment either in the form of a quiz or an indian cookery demonstration. Good light hearted fun.

When we booked we had read other reviews criticising the beach as it is a coral beach and no good for swimming in the sea - the resort can't help the geophysical make up of the island!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TheKingOfLyneal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!