“Welcoming, village feel hotel.”

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent 7 nights with an all inclusive package from My Holiday Centre (My Fiji) which was great value. We stayed in an ocean view bure with uninterrupted views of the ocean from our verandah. The room was clean and comfortable, no tv was nice too being able to escape from it all. The rooms were air conditioned and had fans aswell and the kind size bed was very comfortable. The all inclusive package and the $500 resort credit meant we didn't spend much at all. I was concerned that it would be the same menu day and night for 7 days but the menu changed daily (both lunch and dinner) and there were buffet nights included too. Breakfast was extensive and the standard drinks were included with cocktails being half price... Super value. The staff at the hotel were super friendly and there were loads of different activities on offer everyday, including a show after dinner most nights, so there was never a dull moment. The onsite spa offers a range of services, which we indulged in thanks to the resort credit. My Fiji planned and booked everything so this was a completely hassle free holiday. Transfers to and from the airport were on time. The only negative i would mention is, as the resort is 1.5hrs from the airport I would consider flying in earlier in the morning and leaving later as we arrived late on Sunday night and had to leave very early Sunday morning. Also Pacific Airways planes are showing their age and I know airplane meals are never much to write home about but these were pretty shocking.
Overall a fantastic holiday that was made even easier thanks to My Fiji and the all inclusive package.

Room Tip: Any room here would be nice as it is all single level and you only have one direct neighbour.
2  Thank Kimmyg13
There are newer reviews for Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just got back from Fiji hideaway,can not fault the ocean view from our bure,clean aircon,the restaurant a la carte menu was very good,the alcohol very pricy,get your duty free and drink that in your room. The buffet breakfast is well stocked good value for money.the fire walk and lovable buffet was over priced and not very good value,we found the food taste less over cooked fish and not a lot of varity. The bure was lovely but very thin walls,we were very lucky the first 3 night we had a couple with a young child but the 4 th night 3 ealy 20s whp liked to party moved in and was very noisy,thankfully i only had to listen to then 1 night. overall I enjoyed the whole experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view near the end 37 38 39 40
1  Thank cars68
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I just left hideaway and as it was our 1st trip to Fiji we decided to stay at a few places and this resort by far was the cheapest and best value. Can not speak highly enough of the fishing boys took care of my partner and myself so well while out at sea! It's just a really nice laid back atmosphere for all ages. The snorkeling right at your doorstep for free!!! When u will pay $$$$$ anywhere else, the food was amazing! This will definitely not be our last trip to the hideaway

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Lovely resort and very friendly staff. Food pretty good, tad expensive but not overly. Coffee extremely exorbitant price they really need to address that. Cocktail of the day not really any cheaper than it is normally. Be nice if they had TV's in the room. Bedding really needs to be renewed, very old and shabby, as are some other bits and pieces around the resort. Would recommend tho, and although we didn't have the all in package, I think it would be advantageous to do so. ( We weren't given that option).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As a 3 1/2 star resort, I give it a ten out of ten. I am used to more luxurious accommodation, but there is definately a place in the market for the Hideaway. I traveled as a solo adult with 2 children 7 and 9. I only booked a couple of weeks before going and was looking for a cheap holiday that catered really well to kids, and the Hideaway did not disappoint. The free kids club operated from 9.30-12pm, 2-4pm and 6-8.30pm. There was no actual "play room" where the kids were kept, instead they were taken on walks and activities by the staff. There was no booking required, you simply turn up at the activities desk at the scheduled times. The kids had lots of fun in the kids club, and were well looked after and had a good variety of activities planned for every session. When the kids were with me, we mostly just swam in the pool. Beware the slide is deadly. Many scraped elbows, and bruised heads! There are pool tables and ping pong located in the main dining/bar area, which my kids also really enjoyed. I felt that the kids were very safe here, and often they would walk back to the room on their own. The food was ok. There was a great selection on the menu, for very good prices, and I never had a bad meal, just not outstanding. The kids buffet was OK, but I would have liked to see more fruit and some fresh sandwiches. I have a very picky eater, and unfortunately the only thing he ate from the free kids buffet was hot chips. Normally the kids buffet consisted of chicken, vegies, spagetti bolognaise, pizza, hot chips, garden salad, cake, pineapple, watermelon, cordial. The kids could also choose from the all day kids menu (which you pay extra for) which included sandwiches, cheese & crackers, and more deserts. Things I didn't like were the distance from Nadi airport. It took 2 hours on arrival (because of a slow driver) and 1 1/2 hours on the return. No TV's in the room. Pay for wifi $20FJD for 24 hours, but there was no signal in the rooms, so you had to pay for wifi and then sit in the lobby to use it. The bathroom was old, mouldy, dirty around the taps and in serious need of renovation, the grey bath towels that used to be white, the pilling on the sheets and hard beds, the lack of adult activites/water sports. Things I liked were the gardens, the friendly staff, the cheap prices for meals, the spa (standard of treatments and price), the size of the resort (small), the free kids club. I think I will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ernz30
Reviewed April 17, 2013

this was just what we were looking for we booked a ocean view room which was lovely but we did upgrade once we got there to a ocean view villa as we stayed 11 nights it was a fair bit bigger and a little more modern.The resort itself was wonderful you could just relax or join in the many activities on offer .Not one staff member would pass by without a big bula!

1  Thank bundycouple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent 5 nights here after a whirlwind 9 nights in Australia & New Zealand. The Fijian people are among the friendliest people we have met. The staff at this resort are exceptional.
The food is top notch. We didn't do the all inclusive, but ordered from the menu for supper. We were never disappointed in a meal, delicious and hot and well presented. Our package included the breakfast buffet which was very good and offered a wide variety of hot and cold choices.
Drinks were good. The cocktails were a little pricey but very well done and worth the splurge. Beer was reasonable and happy hour was from 6-7pm each evening offering discounted prices on wine, beer and assorted cocktails.
The pool side cafe offered delicious smoothies and fries and burgers at reasonable prices.
We upgraded our room to a deluxe ocean front bure complete with a hammock chair and beautiful ocean view. It was a lovely room, totally worth the extra money.
The Beach is ever changing. Snorkelling and kayaking available in the morning and evening when the tide is in and walking the reef during the day when the tide is out. Very different from the Caribbean beaches but very enjoyable in different ways and just as beautiful.
Down the road is a little pub run by a Fijian family. We had dinner and beer there one evening for a very reasonable price and it was very tasty as well. A fun evening.
The pool is warm and clean. There is a water slide which we didn't try although we saw plenty of people skin their elbows off the sides : tip keep your elbows in.
Each night they light the torches around the grounds and the big one in the middle of the pool, this signals the beginning of happy hour.
The staff seemed really good with the kids, it seemed to be a very popular spot for families. I wouldn't recommend it for singles, but for couples And families it is ideal.
All in all a very enjoyable week, the perfect end to our holiday Downunder.
I highly recommend Fiji Hideaway. 4 stars

Room Tip: We spent the extra to upgrade to an ocean front deluxe bure #27 - it was worth every penny and reall...
2  Thank Kulemom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!