“good food and service”

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed February 24, 2013

my wife and i called in for lunch as we were passing by. all the staff were very pleasant, and helpful, we enjoyed our meal and had a good realxing afternoon . The hotel looks like a very good palce to stay, its well located bewtween the main road and the sea

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mandr268
There are newer reviews for Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arranged our travel to Fiji through the wonderful people at My Fiji. The travel arrangements we awesome. The transfers to and from the airport were very good. We arrived at the resort to be greeted by the wonderful staff at the entrance. We found all the staff to be very friendly and they could not do enough for you. The Bure's were fantastic, clean and comfortable. The resort was quiet all of the time, even with the large amount of children on site. The kids club kept the young ones busy and entertained all day. The availability of things to do and see from the resort filled our days and nights. You can be as busy or relaxed as you want at the Hideaway. Tours can be booked from the resort. The meals were different every day, and there was plenty of choices on the daily menu's. The visit to the village was a real eye opener for us. The local people do not have a lot, but are happy all of the time. We are already planning our next trip to Fiji, and we will probably go back to the Hideaway, as we found it to be just what suits us. We loved the fact that the staff are all local people, and they are the friendliest group of people you could meet. I would nt hesitate to recommend The Hideaway to anyone looking at travelling to Fiji for a holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to me to be very good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Cliff W
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I went with our best friends and our young children. It was great the staff are all so friendly and kind. There are plenty of activities to do for young and old, the food is great and the cocktails are even better. We have recommended to all of our friends if they want a relaxing family friendly holiday then HIdeaway Resort and Spa is the place to go!!! And a big thank you to My Fiji for making all of our bookings be so easy and worry free.

Room Tip: The Frangipani Bure is perfect for families with either a queen or king bed and a single bed and ple...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Andrea8711
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from being married at fiji hideaway resort with 23 famiyl and freinds im somesort lost for words after reading some of these bad reveiws about racism, staff not being freindly and other crap on here I read. I have to say to those people u must be very hard to please n rude for someone there to not be freindly to you. We had our wedding there as soon as we arrived we felt welcome the staff where very freindly as soon as we got off the bus we we got everything we where promised my family n my freinds n there families had a ball the staff where always playing with the kids they knew all our names after a day and we found them to be a greatn funny bunch . Now our wedding was spectacular everything my wife dreamt of it was greatly organised.we had the all inclusive which saved us alot of money on grog n the food was great all week long it truely was an amazing holiday partly because of the freindly loving staff can not wait to go back soon.and definitely a beautiful place to tie the not .thanks fiji hideaway

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Sturgeon72
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed late October 2012 as a party of 10, ages from 9 to 70+. We had a lovely welcome upon arrival, and were given a much-needed cold drink. We stayed in 4 adjacent Frangipani bures which were ideal. Each bure had a queen & a single bed.Enough room to have a 2nd single bed in also, as we did in one. All have a patio with table & chairs, with garden & sea views. We bought a breakfast only package as we were out and about for some other meals. Breakfast is good, and carries you well into the day. We had 3 nine- year olds with us, and they ate free for every meal, but except for breakfast, they ate at a different time to us at kids club. However, they were entertained with movies etc while the adults ate at night, so no problem.We had some dinners at the resort and they were good, and reasonably priced. The bures were great - large and airy, with air conditioning AND ceiling fans. Plenty of room, high ceilings and shutters on the windows, so rooms stayed relatively cool if you closed shutters while out during the day. Very clean, and fresh flowers in your room every day. Rooms well presented upon arrival, with pleated towels on beds with flowers on them etc etc - nice little touches. The outstanding feature of these bures is the outdoor shower - not really outdoors, as you access it it thru' the indoor bathroom. But it is in a high tiled wall, open at the top so you can shower under a lovely blue sky, looking up at palm trees, or at night under the stars. Each one had a lovely coloured leadlight picture window in it too. Every bure had some sort of ocean view, and you are only 50m from the water at most. Lots of palms & good gardens enhance the look of this place as a tropical paradise.It is not the Hilton, but ideal for a great family holiday. Our kids never ran out of things to do - kayaking, snorkelling, swimming in the big pool, going in the glass bottom boat, etc. etc. A must is a visit to Kula Eco Park, about twenty minutes up the road. Birds, lizards, turtles, tropical fish, bush walks, etc etc, and you are able to hold the lizards. There is a pub across the road, where you can have a cheap meal - burgers etc with a drink. Only about 200 metres up the road. But take insect repellant- the mossie bite at night!!

Room Tip: Frangipani bures are all good, and the cheapest on the property. They have been renovated in the las...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bejae
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We booked our holiday to the Hideaway Resort last year through My Fiji. My Fiji gave us an amazing all inclusive package and were even able to organise an upgrade to a renovated beach front bure. As a part of the MyFiji package we enjoyed a private transfer to the resort. Our room was amazing! The bed faced the beach and it was wonderful to go to bed every night listening to the ocean. We had a bure near the end and that was in a very good location. I would not want to be in a bure near the restaurant or the pool. They play music at the bar until late at night but we definitely could not hear it from our room.

The activities run by the resort were fun and the night time entertainment was great. Even though there was only one restaurant, the menu changed slightly for every meal and it was nice to eat at the same place every day and get to know the friendly staff. The breakfast buffet was the best meal of the day. There was always plenty of food to choose from and the chef made eggs to your order. Also as a part of our My Fiji package we were given 500 Fijian dollars for free to spend at the spa. The private outdoor treatment area was right on the edge of the water and the atmosphere was heavenly. I would definitely visit the Hideaway Resort again.

Room Tip: The renovated beachfront bures have a nicer outdoor shower area and are the closest to the water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I would like to clear the air about a previous review, if I may.
The review, by Susan s, states that you need to be careful of the village "chief". Well I am the daughter in law of the REAL village village chief and I can assure you that that the chief mentioned and the chief that is my father in law are definitely not the same person.
I can also assure you that after reading the mentioned review I have personally discussed this matter with him and he has dealt with this person in the appropriate manner. And plans to deal with this matter again at the next meeting, as still more matters come to light.
My father in law, the REAL village chief, no longer resides in the village itself, and due to becoming a new Methodist pastor does no longer partake in kava ceremonies and therefore does not and has not for a very long time participate in the village tours. In fact apart from official village meetings etc he does not spend a lot of time in the village at all.
The previous man( the trouble maker, taking people's money etc) was in fact the "village head", and should never have led people to believe he was the chief.
From now on the person taking the village tour will be Ratu, who actually is "chief in waiting" so to speak, and can rightfully refer to himself as chief.
I hope this does clear a few things up for some would be guests?

As for the comments re. Activity staff, well that isnt something that even needs discussing, as there are no staff that hold a gun to your head for money or make you feel threatened in any way if you dont give them money. If you get approached, simple, say no! No one will think less of you for doing so.

Enjoy Hideaway, it is honestly one of the best resorts to stay at in Fiji, and I have stayed at many. You will love it and definitely want to return.

Stayed: March 2012
10  Thank KORA1511
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Mango Bay Resort Fiji
#7 of 9 in Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!