“Excellent value”

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed November 16, 2012

+ Excellent staff, very friendly, excellent meals, air con, car rental onsite, pool activities
- Far from cities/ towns, pillows uncomfortable, pool tad too cold, no hot tub
Recommend to rent car on return to Nadi airport and day trips to Suva.

1  Thank Adums
Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Don't be fooled by the 3.5 Star rating. More likely because rooms do not have TV & the unecessary extras the rating is not higher.
My wife & I were welcomed by friendly Fijian staff with drums & a refreshing cocktail. The book in was fast & hassle free, staff were professional & knowledgeable. The staff member Timmothy who talk our bags made a detour around the Resort & indicated the various places of importance, such as dinning room, bar, Spa & massgae room, activities centre for recreation water sports.
The place was clean, architecture had a native look about it & the grounds beautifully maintained. We stayed in the newly renovated beach front Bure & were 20 mtrs from the beach. Most Bures seemed to be a short distance to the beach. Our Bure was quite lovely & decore pleasant.
Personally I feel the Resort is better suited for people with families & people 30+ years of age.
I recommend you search the web for packages that include all inclusive meals & local spirits/beer. Some Travel agents have a $500 fjd bonus to the room to spend on Al la carte meals, Cocktails at a 50% discount & the Be be spa & massage place. My wife & I were pleasanty surprised at the quality & variety of the meals in the all inclusive. I have heard people complain about the meal sizes which surprised me. I'm 6ft, 98 kg, love my food & I was satisfied.
I must say the staff were professional, friendly & always willing to help you. I could see they were very attentative to the children of guests so mum & dad could have some leasure time.
The nightly entertainment was conducted by mostly the staff & it was at time hillarious, interactive with guests & enjoyable.
Too see some of Fiji natural & it's indiginous people I recommend the 'Jet Boat River Safari', that ventures up the Sigatoka river to a village who welcome you with a traditional Karva Ceremony, lunch & dancing with the locals which was so much fun. Look around the village be amazed at their simple structured & loving culture. True happiness & family is not money generated. The Waterfall trip via another village by Adventures in Paradise into the wilderness was both informative in relation to culture, local plants, medicines, wildlife & how children play & the toys they make from flowers & plants. Make sure you ask for Waqar who was our guide & was amazing.
I honestly cannnot think of a negative experience the entire 7 nights my wife I spent at Hideaway & I am not easy to please. Don't let the 1.5 hr drive from Nadi discourage you if you want to see the unsantised version of Fiji culture & wilderness.
NB: At end of the Resort near in the direction of the local village there is a small cottage where locals give first class massages for $50 fjd for an hour & also paint nalis. :)

Room Tip: If you do not like night noise avoide Bures near the Bar & pool area.
3  Thank Archy C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Vsited Fiji a long time ago and fell in love with the island and the people. This resort is Fiji in a nutshell, its different and special.

The rooms are not 5* but they are special, no noise besides the sound of the sea and nature, the entertainment is not 5* or Vegas, b ut different and special..

Fiji, is where everyone should visit at least once and this resort at least twice...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShiftZZ
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Staff, excellent. Accommodation, comfortable & adequate for our requirements. Location, beautiful, with snorkelling in the warm, clean blue lagoon right at our front door. White clean sand for a sunbake & plenty of trees for me to lay in the hammock & read my book/s. Air-con & bar fridge kept everything cool (including Fiji Bitters we bought at the supermarket on the way). The evening shows, & entertainment around the pool everyday was lots of fun, cocktails very yummy & menu extensive with something for everyone. There were lots of different age demographics, & everyone seemed to fit in & be having a ball. Weddings, hens parties, newlyweds, new babies, old folk, teenagers, empty-nesters & kids - the experience was just like a big family re-union!! Catch the bus to Sigatoka for a fun experience for a couple of hours, stroll across the road to the little pub for a drink at sunset for something different, even grab a simple meal there - they are very friendly & prices are cheap. In short BULA VINAKA to all our new friends at Hideaway.

Room Tip: Ocean View Bure was worth the upgrade - I was so relaxed I could barely make the few steps down to t...
1  Thank VeronicaMary
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I travelled to Fiji for the second time, having been last year (sonaisali island).
We stayed at First Landing Resort in Lautoka (20 min from Nadi) for 6 Nights which was brilliant! It was easy to do all the island hopping and major tours etc. For the second week 21-28th Oct 2012, we picked Fiji Hideaway Resort for a 7 night stay. It is only a 90 min or so drive to the coral coast from Nadi and it is a pleasant drive - 80km p/hr national limit. (great because most of the Taxis are old Toyota Crowns lol!) and ... no rush, "Fiji time", remember you're on holiday.

We arrived to be greeted as per the usual friendly Fijian way and shown to our room. Easy check in - all good. Immaculate room, immaculate grounds, perfect views and a beautiful platter of tropical fruit to welcome us. We came to coral coast to relax and snorkel and relax and snorkel we did. Fabulous small coral outcrops amongst the reef, so plenty to see for all, from beginners (like my wife) and myself. REMEMBER to get the all - inclusive meal and drinks package! It is the best best deal ever! Amazing breakfast! 2 course Lunch & Dinner and the food is sensational! Menu changes slightly every day and the specials and theme nights are top notch. All the Beer, Wine, Local Spirits You can drink ...like Dark Rum from 10am-10pm!
Firewalking and Kava ceremony over the road on thursday night was very good.

You can play 8-ball, table tennis, volley ball...so many things to do... or just chill by the pool!

Now...nothing is ever perfect, but it's nothing worth complaining about. Any problems can be easily solved by asking. We met other people and couples easily and everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying their stay too. Gday Richard & Lesley, Wags, Tania & Kids, Trish, Kath n' Kym, Siamon, The Kava gang, The newlyweds, The sleeping Kiwi and Big Jeff from the US to name a few.;)
The local resort Shop was well stocked and the tour desk was a simple task to book anything easily. Well done! Good Fun everynight with the shows on the stage by the talented staff and ....Did i mention the All inclusive meal deal with drink like Local Dark Rum from 10am-10pm?

Ok...the staff: they were always friendly with the usual Fijian smiles and Bula's! Unfortunately though, a popular member of staff passed away at the resort 2 days before we arrived, and although we noticed a different mood/vibe when we arrived, it wasn't until our next door neighbour mentioned it, (lovely lady from Melbourne- Hi Alison!) that we realised why everyone was a little quiet/despondent. Very sad to hear and much respect to all the employees who carried on with their chores in such a friendly manner despite their terrible loss. I think it may have been a good idea to inform incoming guests of this tragic event. This way, guests wouldn't get the impression the staff were unhappy (without knowing the situation), and we would all obviously be able to appreciate the unfortunate situation that had take place. Such an amazing effort by these wonderful and talented bunch of people.

Big "VINAKA!" to Wazil and his team of Chefs, the only trouble I had each day was deciding what to have! Male & "The Trainee" were very entertaining with the Quiz nights at happy hour and the Volleyball. (the ladys at the Spa the next day sorted out my sore spots - amazzzing!)

Ok.. getting long now so I'll get to the point. I have been to many places and Fiji is by far my favourite destination. The Fiji Hideaway Resort is simply....Paradise! .....So Do it!

*NB: YOU MUST DO the Jetski Safari to Beqa Island! well worth the entire trip just to do that!
We will both be back again soon. Happy Diwali (13 Nov) xx Jamie & Cazza Osborne (42 & 41)
jamieosb@bigpond.com

Room Tip: unless you need a sea view, every room is so close to the water. All rooms are close walking distace...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JamieOsborne
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hideaway Resort has been there forever but still has that beautiful Fijian charm we all keep returning to enjoy. The staff is their biggest asset but the huge lagoon out front for snorkelling is not bad either. There are heaps of things to do on offer or one can simply kick back Fiji style and relax………..
The trick is to pick the ‘right’ bure as they have quite a range available. The cheapest Bures have louvers all round and with very private outside showers. These are also air-conditioned but we really liked the fresh sea air at night. On the front are the more upmarket bures with lagoon views but some of the newly refurbished ones don’t have louvers and rely on air-con. For a few dollars more there are larger bures also on the front offering the whole box & dice and where we will be staying next time round. It is advisable to consider their all-in package where for a few extra Fijian dollars you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst drinking all day to your heart’s content. Cold Fiji Beers, Wines and Spirits……Vinaka! The Activities Team are great fun, can keep you as busy as you like, exercised and ready for another Fiji Baby in the shade…….
Just 15 minutes away is the nice little town of Sigatoka which is worth a visit for a bit of shopping, try the freshly prepared Pineapple at the market for a dollar or grab a ‘carton’ for those not on the all-in package!
The Indian Chef’s will knock you up a great curry on request if you are not there for Monday’s Indian Night. Every evening has another theme so no time for boredom and please say Bula to the wonderful staff at reception where Joanne has a super team including our new friends Meme & Silla.
Bula Vinaka we loved it!

Room Tip: Covered in my review......
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bula!! Four of my girlfriends and I stayed at The Hideaway from the 5th - 11th of November, and we had an amazing time! We only left the hotel once, to visit the Eco Park, because everything you need is at the hotel. We participated in just about all of the daily activites, and in doing so became great friends with so many of the wonderful, cheeky staff. Aqua Gym at 11, water volleyball after that, then the sundance. We went snorkelling and you really only need to go waist deep to see the beautiful sealife. Give the waterslide a go, but hold your nose the first time, you hit the water hard at the bottom! Play the happy hour games every night, then the stage shows, disco (so tame & so cute), and go to the fire walking & kava ceremonies. Get to know all of the beautiful Fijian staff, eat fresh coconuts, get a massage. If you have little kids, they LOVE Fijian people and Fijian people love them back! It's beautiful to see. I can't recommend Hideaway highly enough. Vinaka!! - I miss the scent of fresh frangipani

Room Tip: We had an Ocean View room, number 67, and our friends were in Frangipani 115, both rooms were perfec...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brianna M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Mango Bay Resort Fiji
#9 of 10 in Sigatoka
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!