“Wonderful Relaxing Holiday”

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
“Wonderful Relaxing Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a lovely relaxing family holiday for my husband, daughter aged 10, son aged 8, and myself. We chose the all inclusive option which was a lovely buffet breakfast, choice of 2 courses off the menu for lunch and dinner, or a range of different buffets at dinner. Plenty of delicious food for even the biggest appetites. Cold beer, wines, local spirits were all included with half price cocktails - a bit easy to overindulge! Fantastic staff - lovely housekeeper who cleaned our room each day, great activiites staff with good senses of humour and restaurant and bar staff also great. Aquagym in the pool each day at 11 and then the pool volleyball competion - sometimes quite serious (depending on how many adult males were playing!). Great shows nightly - some very funny, others cultural. Snorkelling gear and kayaks to use at no extra charge. Great hair braiding at the hut just past the boundary of the resort - cheap and good. Also great horse treks, with very well behaved horses - a lovely view on the hill ride, or a trek to a waterfall where you can swim - also very reasonably priced. The horse man is also down by the hut at 10.30 am to book your trek. The egg man (who makes your omelettes or however you like eggs) has a head full of riddles - next time we go, we will take a riddle book and see if we can stump him! One restaurant, bar and pool with a slide - watch the sharp corner at the end! Nice how everyone congregates there and gets to know each other. Would not hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cate J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

A lovely immaculately maintained resort that is staffed by extremely friendly and helpful locals. The food was excellent with something different on the menu every day. There were lots of different activities to do each day if you wanted to do something.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Grant H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

What we enjoyed most was the friendly helpful Fijian staff - always smiling and a real team feeling about the staff. We had an ocean view bure which did have a view of the ocean in between the two beachfront bures in front. The room was fairly basic but was clean and serviced well. Great to have a kettle and tea, coffee, milk etc. and a fridge. The meals at the resort were lovely and great omelettes cooked for breakfast while you wait. Our son loved the slide into the pool, the water volleyball, beach volleyball and table tennis activities. You could get involved in as many or as little of the activities on offer. The tour to the next village was interesting. We hired a car from Nadi airport and drove to the resort (1 1/2 hours). It was great to have the freedom to go out in the afternoons and visit Sigatoka and have a look at the Naviti and the Warwick. We liked the smaller more personal Hideaway resort and the individual bures. We would go back again - great relaxing time!

Room Tip: AN ocean view room is fine, you see the sea but don't get the wind which was quite strong when w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KiaOra08
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I traveled to Fiji by myself and wanted somewhere less crazy so the travel agent recommended Hideaway. At first I was wondering what I stepped into as lady on desk just confused me then I was taken to my room and left wondering where anything was. First thing I noticed was no tv in room so I had to go find the bar and socialise on my first night which turned out to be great. The staff at Hideaway are fantastic especially the barmen they were like best friends when I left and are excellent at their jobs.The entertainment was also fantastic a nightly show and a timetable of activities throughout the day and kayaks and snorkeling gear for the beach.
The tour desk was also wonderful and all my tours picked me up right on the expected time.
The only fault I had was the the management was very standoffish almost rude but their staff did make up for this fact.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank barbieinaus
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Absolutely beautiful. I stayed in one of the newly renovated plantation style villas. The view whilst laying in bed was magnificent. This is real Fiji. The sand is white water blue and safe tto swim. This property has something for everyone, family villas and kids club for a great family holiday destination. I will be definatley heading back here with the family for a holiday. Itwould also make a great wedding venue for those of you wanting to tie the knot.
Smaller than the big resorts, which I love. Food and menu were simple, but large portions. Drinks well priced and very friendly and attentive staff. Lots of thing to do including great entertainment nights.
My suggestion would be the all inclusive rate, very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MsJenA
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

my wife and I stayed at the Hideaway Resort as I worked in Sigatoka for few weeks and we thought, we stretch out at Hideaway.
The welcome was happy and friendly and the bell boys whisked our bags away. The check in was fairly ok, nothing special. I missed a bit of the personal touch but the handling was professional enough.
Our room was one of last rooms about 100 meters away from the happenings. I actually enjoyed the quietness but I guess, I would have loved to be closer to the bar or pool.
The rooms was ok with special features as two wash vanities, which is a nice touch for a 4 star resort as it isn't very common in this category, an outside shower AND bath tub and a sepaerate inside shower. These features were nice but the outside shower looked tired and missed out in details. Mosaic tiles were problably the wrong choice to install. Other than that bathroom and room in general were spacious enough, had all needed amenties including private safe, mini bar fridge etc. I would have loved to have a TV in the room. It is called Hideaway Resort but a TV could be so relaxing.
The restaurant was also just ok, it was busy every night as the resort was full, which is great from a business point of view but if you are looking for a relaxing dinner, this is not the place. The staff was short on menu. We ended up choosing our meals fast and gave our menus to the next table as they were waiting for as long as we did. One absolute and possibly the biggest PLUS is that no matter how busy the restaurant was, our food came always fast, was tasty, hot and well presented. We didn't try any of the drinks as none seemed to trigger my tastebuds. It was the usual cocktail menu with Mojito, Mud Slide, Pina Colada etc. and after me being to several bars and getting disappointed afterwards, I took a beer instead.
We never went to the bar as it was overcrowded and loud. They had games going on, which was nice but we couldn't even see what kind of games.
We were not able to use the internet as our room was far away. We tried it inside and outside. We got a signal outside and I could read few of my E-mails but answering was impossible since the signal fluctuated all the time.
Check out was ok, we had to drag our bags towards the front, even though front desk knew when our check out day was and I mentioned that we have to check out at 7 am. Half way, a security guard met us took my bag and the one of my wife, started talking about the day and the weather to be, conversed with us as we knew each other for years. That created a total positive impact on Hideaway Resort, indicating that it is the staff that makes the resort NOT the facilities.

Hideaway is a resort for young people looking for action all day round until night time. We couldn't find any quiet spots on property except for our room as it was far away.

Hideaway was a resort for me to experience and I am glad that I did. I won't go back as there are many other choices around the area to see.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the actual resort...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

just returned from a 10 day stay at hideaway resort on the coral coast fiji. this was awesome. we had booked a frangipani room and was upgraded to ocean front villa omigod it was fantastic. very spacious and clean, outdoor shower/bath. we had the breakfast package which was ideal for us. food from the restaurant was good and i feel the prices was also good. we had ample beer and cocktails did not have many lunches as we usually didnt go to breakfast until 9.30. we spent most afternoons at the pub across the road, it was very relaxing sitting there over looking the beach and listening to the music whilst be served by the friendly fijian staff, we also had a couple of meals there. in going to the hideaway you need to be advised it is approx 90 mins from airport we new this before hand also we new it was small scale with no 2 story apartments just villas, no t,v or radios in rooms and mobile phone was turned off. YES WE WILL BE BACK we enjoyed the friendly staff, the clean surroundings and our room. there is not 1 bad word that i can say about the hideaway. great relaxation for couples of all ages. those who have complain about the cost or the premises need to remember all cost was in fijian dollars and you should try the bigger and dearer resorts i bet you will change your minds.. i could go on and on.... if you are thinking about holidaying at the hideaway GO FOR IT....

Room Tip: upgrade to deluxe ocean front villa it is worth it and you will not be disappointed. the frangipani...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jeaniedoyle8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
The Pearl Resort
#3 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!