“loved hideaway especially all the staff beautiful people will go back next year”

Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

i had a lovely stay cant wait to go back next year i think all the staff were so friendly just like family one suggestion i recommend hotel supply chairs for receptionists it seemed to me they are run off there feet thats just my opinion they deserve it vinaka good luck for that
i loved the heat and hospitality and suggest everyone go visit

Room Tip: had a corner room pretty noisy not too bad
4 Thank Sandra A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Korean first
Tuncurry, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

7 women (some well traveled) for a week just finished.
We truly thought the Hideaway rocked. I would happily go back tomorrow.
I feel totally relaxed and I'm missing many things already!
The staff were the highlight, very friendly and helpful.
Our Frangipini Bure was excellent, roomy, loved the shuttered screened windows and the
outdoor shower which I used daily even in the rain. It's perhaps not as modernised as some might wish, but for me, it felt very Fiji and very relaxing.
We had the all inclusive meal deal which I would highly recommend. The buffets were delicious and breakfast and lunch also very tasty.
I spent many hours in or by the pool and another highlight was using the "spy boards" provided at the dive shop to view the fabulous tropical fish around the reef. I did it again and again and I'm covered in tiny bruises and a Picasso Trigger Fish bite to prove it. I want to go back right now!
The nightly entertainment was a fun way to dine. I also walked to the church service on Sunday with a group and was delighted by the singing, the welcome and the children.
I went on some tours including the Sigatoka River Safari, picked up at the Hideaway and returned, a wonderful exciting day.
All in all everything I had wanted and more.
I will return. Absolutely fabulous.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Sarah Lulu F
Launceston, Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have just returned from a week at The Hideaway and absolutely fell in love with it :) From the moment we arrived and were greeted with the drums and a big BULA we knew it was going to be a fantastic week (and after visiting other resorts on tour drop-offs and pick-ups Hideaway the bure option is alot more attractive than a typical hotel).

We had an oceanview bure and could not of been happier (originally had a frangipani but upgraded before we left). Definitely worth the upgrade! Waking up to the ocean right out the front and being able to sit and watch the waves at night was the best start and ends to the day. Yes the bathrooms could do with a little bit of TLC but all in all the rooms were clean and spacious so what more can you ask for. We did have a slight problem with ants but there was spray provided which quickly got rid of them

The restaurant and bar were fantastic and we loved watching the torch lighting - meaning the start of happy hour :) The food was very enjoyable and plenty of options (daily menu, a la carte and a themed buffet every night). Kiti in the restaurant was fantastic :) and the 2 trainees were also fantastic. We loooooved the cocktails - especially the mars bar one AMAZING!

Every morning there would be an activites sheet out the front of the room and we loved the option of being able to be involved or just watch - both options just as entertaining. There was so much to choose from. And even when the weather was wet the program was just as busy. The Acitvities staff definitely kept things interesting around the resort and do a wonderful job of getting everyone involved.

All in all we had a fantastic trip and will definitely be back to visit. This resort has the most amazing staff who really do make it all that more special and should be very proud of themselves. Everyone you pass smiles and says Bula - its the best :)

Room Tip: Definitely worth the extra dollars for the ocean view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TeamTas10
Batemans Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was our 10th visit to Fiji and our first visit back to Hideaway after 15 years. Although not a great deal had changed over this time, its still a great resort to visit especially with kids. We had a group of 6 adults and 4 kids 10 & under.
This resort does the little things well. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean. grounds well kept etc etc.
We had the all inclusive which I thought was pretty good. I was a little annoyed in being served draught beer in plastic middy cups as its not the bext way to consume beer. You can ask for a glass but they dont always allow it in certain areas or they have run out. All inclusive is great for wine drinkers as the white, red and champers were of good quality.
Meals- Breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT. We visted 3 other resorts on this trip and none compared to Hideaway. All their buffets were excellent i.e Lovo and Indian buffets were some of the best I have sampled in Fiji..
As we were on the All inclusive we had to stick to the all day menu which was fine. There wasnt a huge variety but most meals were good. The kids daily buffet meals were pretty much the same each day and were great for kids who liked plain food like rice, chips and fried fish etc.
Food prices on the all day menu were approx $20 for lunch and around $35 fjd for dinner
A highlight was a horse ride to the waterfall. No experience was required as the horses knew the tracks and were very placid. It took approx 1.5 hrs to get to the waterfall which was amazing and the kids swam in the small pool at the base of the waterfall. All kids and adults loved every moment of this experience and well worth the price of $70 fjd per person.. You can locate Appy just next door to the resort (west side) or call him on 9346673...
Negatives,
-They could improve this resort by increasing the number of pool lounges as it was very difficult to get one as people would "reserve" these with their towels early each day. They could also increase the number of seats in the bar area as again very difficult to sit and relax.
- More imagination for the kids buffet.
- Update the bathrooms as they were the same from 15 years ago.
- Its a long drive from Nadi especially as the roads are being repaired (if you can call it that).
Positives,
- Fantastic value for money resort
- Breakfasts are fantastic.
- Naomi in the kids club was excellent and Laite fantastic for meal service.
- Kids loved the slide and pool area.
- Rooms are still pretty good overall.
- Grounds are well maintained.

The negatives above are only minor ones and the positives far outweigh them. Go there, you will enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ocean view or beach front if the budget fits. The smaller frangipani rooms still look great and are...
7 Thank KeiraBBay
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed at the resort for 5 nights on a last minute extension to my vacation as a single traveler. the resort was very full because of the school hollidays so I had to change rooms every other night, which wasn't a big deal and gave me a chance to see the differences in the rooms. the best was the delux beachfront....wow! much more expensive, but very nice, was so nice it doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the resort. was a 5star room in a 3.5star resort. I actuall liked the regular bure (cheapest room) much better than an ocean view (2nd cheapest) the cheaper had a much bigger bathroom and a nice outdoor shower. the ocean view room was just old and the bathroom aweful.

There's a surf break just off the coast of the resort, but they don't offer any board rentals...didn't quite understand that. I saw a few guests brought their own boards.

The staff was great. the food was good and quite a nice variety and not overly expensive.

The dive shop was great, the staff very friendly and helpful. would have liked a bit more detailed dive brief, but the dives on the reef nearby were fantastic. reef sharks, turtles, baracuda and the coral all amazing.

Great little resort, would recommend for anyone. had a great time and would go back again.

Room Tip: don't bother with ocean view rooms, either upgrade to full ocean front, or downgrade to the regu...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
11 Thank porkchopfx
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We have just returned from a wonderful and very relaxing week at the Hideaway resort with 3 of our children. The hideway was just what we needed, I wanted a smaller resort and one that we could do as much or as little as we wanted which is exactly what we did.

The room was lovely we had a ocean view interconnecting bure which was away from the main area but just a short stroll when needed. Yes I agree the room's bathrooms could do with a revamp however we are not too concerned about that as they were always clean.

The kids were very well entertained by the wonderful friendly staff and they went out of their way to keep the kids occupied even though it was raining for the duration of our stay, and better still NO TV. I cannot fault all the staff who were very very friendly and people who seemed to really enjoy their jobs.. And although it rained they organised a wet weather program for activities.

I would definately recomnmend the Hideaway and dont forget to have a joke ready for the wonderful breakfast chef Faiyaz.

We didnt get the all inclusive deal however I think it may of been a good idea and is something we are going to look into next time we visit and visit again we will.

Room Tip: The ocean view was fine however next time we are going to upgrade to a delux or 2 bedroom bure
5 Thank 68nez
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

My partner and I just returned from a child free honeymoon week at the hideaway and we loved every minute of it. Not only because we were having a childless holiday, but the resort was well above what we had expected for what we had paid. Being my first time overseas I was worried about what we would end up in, but after arriving at the front of the resort we knew we had made the right choice! The rooms are somewhat dated but our room and our friends room were clean and comfortable, and because we were honeymooners we had the added bonus of fresh flowers on our bed daily which was lovely!! I would reccommend the resort to anyone and we will definately be going back with our kids next time. The staff couldnt be more helpful and accomodating and gave us a good laugh every day with their carefree nature. If you are looking for an affordable beautiful relaxing holiday then Fiji and the hideaway is the place to go!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kylie F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
The Pearl Resort
#3 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!