Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
$83
$248
InterContinental
  • Beachfront
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$104
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$116
$89
  • Pool
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$70
Agoda.com
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$65
$61
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
$317
$251
Shangri-La.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,529 results
All reviewsall inclusive packagefrangipani burehappy hour gamesoutdoor showercoral coastaqua gymkids clubmongolian bbqnightly entertainmenthigh tidelocal villagepool volleyballocean front burea la carte menudive shopfire walkingactivities staff
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We rode the bus from the Nadi airport, enjoying the beautiful views at very turn........winding along the coast. The resort itself is unassuming and quiet, the
landscaping beautifully kept, the burres cool and spacious and the outdoor shower a treat.
The food was excellent, and varied, the staff always cheerful and available to help.
I was completely unprepared for the joy of snorkeling in the lagoon in front of the resort. It is possible to just walk out to the beach and snorkel every high tide. The coral and the sea life is amazing. The pictures we took of the sunset look like a picture postcard. For those who want simple and affordable, but so nice....the Hideaway is perfect.

Room Tip: We chose the less expensive burre away from the beach, and were very pleased, as it caused us to walk through the lovely grounds.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Vicki349
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed in Hideaway for 7 days from 29/08-05/09. The bures are a bit outdated but clean. The shower had a bit of a leakage but the staff fixed the problem almost immediately. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed to see the state of the bures (they could do more with a bit of updating here and there), I couldn't fault the cleanliness of the place. We got the room and breakfast deal but regret not getting the all meal inclusive as the food seemed a bit expensive. I guess when you travel with two children, the least you want to worry is money and getting the all meal inclusive can almost guarantee you a better stay. Towards the end of our holiday, we actually spent almost the same amount of money on food as compared to the amount we could've paid them to have a 2 course meal for lunch, 3 course meal for dinner and drinks. The breakfast was good especially the freshly cooked eggs by wonderful Faiyaz. If you're there, don't ever miss eating the scones as they are the best---buttery, soft and so morish! The danish is also yummy as well as the brioche. We enjoyed the indian buffet as well as the lovo. The kids also have their own kids' meal but everything is almost repetitive that towards the 3rd or 4rth day, we ended up ordering something else. With regard to the fire walking/ kava ceremony, it was a big let down given that we had to pay F$16/adult and F$8/child. It wasn't as fantastic as we imagined it to be. The guys didn't really walk on red, fiery coals....rather, they walked on hot stones. The kids' club was boring-they could do a lot more.The kids need a bit more "action" although I must say that the staff are great. Everything was passive except for the coconut hunting and cracking which my daughter enjoyed so much. The beach was great for snorkeling but not for kids to play as it could be dangerous because of the corals and stones. Join the sun dance for the heck of it...trust me, although it looks corny, it's actually fun when you're doing it. The spa is so-so. I guess I wanted more to relieve my aches and pains but then again, some people like just gentle massage.To sum up, Hideaway is a great place for families to stay. You'll never feel out of place if you're kids are screaming or crying because almost every room has a child. The staff are friendly and accommodating and I guess, at the end of the day, that's what matters most.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Trisha B
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed 7 nights in a waterfront bure. Really nice room and food was yummy. Entertainment at night was great, lots of laughs and bartenders were great value. Great value for money

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shals27
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I went to Hideaway for a quick relaxing break, and we really found the perfect place for it after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.
From the greeting we got from Henry to the service from Me're each night in the restaurant we had the feeling that we were staying with friends not a face in the crowd.
We stayed in a Oceanview Bure, right on the beach and could not believe the tranquility. The rooms were lovely and clean well serviced each day with plenty of room for storage and to lounge around. The beds and pillows were comfortable and all you could ask for.

The meals were fine and read very well on the menu, and there was plenty to fill you up. The breakfasts were a highlight and excellent for choice and quality. I would suggest the meal deal to save the issue of working out the bill at the end of the stay, it seemed good value if you bought before you left. We opted not to do this but will surely do it next time, the local beers were fine as was the wine and the menu was the same.

Snorkeling was brilliant there you cannot believe what you can see from only steps off the beach, it was a great area with a great feeling of safety.

I could go on and on but all I can stress is there is no stress, this is a great place to unwind and enjoy life from families to couples it is the perfect place to take a break.

To Me're and Henry we will be seeing you again soon,
Garry and Sam

Room Tip: Ocean view is well worth the upgrade, but the Frangiapani Rooms are secluded and in a lovely setting, yet only a few steps to the beach
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Garry D
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I have been to Hideaway probably five times, most recently in March 2011 and August 2010. We go to Fiji to relax, not to shop, so we mainly lounge around the pool, swimming and reading, plus the odd excursion. We've been there with friends, with our daughter and her family, and with our 15 year old grandson. We love it. Rydges no longer run the hotel; they left before our March trip, and it is now Fiji Hideaway managed by John McFadden, who does a fine job with his friendly staff. He hosts a weekly cocktail (sans alcohol) party for guests.

One of the great features about Hideaway is the activities bure with Adi (Andi) and Naomi. They lend out glass-bottom surfboard things, kayaks, masks and flippers at no charge, conduct reef walks, Fijian lessons (basic but especially helpful for pronunciation) and lots of Kids Club stuff (hermit crab races and the like). You can also take a free introductory course in scuba diving; further lessons you pay for. There is also a gymnasium, whatever that is.

The food and drinks are fair in quality and price. Air Pacific sometimes has special deals and we always look for them before booking. We always go for the breakfast deal and if available the all meals and drinks (local beer, spirits and soft stuff). Faiyez the egg cook is all over good-looking chicks and kids (I am neither) but his omelettes are OK. Ali's pastries (Danish, scones, etc) are a bit soggy, but he's a nice bloke. This resort is not for singles of the partying persuasion but for couples, families, everybody else, it is ideal.

The bures are very spacious. We generally book a Frangipani (has outdoor shower) and not the Ocean View, because we can generally see the lagoon between them anyway. I can't speak highly enough (or at all, really) of the television, as it comprises one TV at the bar, rusted on to a sports channel. But who needs it?

What I really enjoy about Hideaway and wouldn't miss for quids (ie, old-fashioned money) is the daily POOL VOLLEYBALL! Fantastic fun with players of all ages competing. A laugh a minute.

The local buses are very cheap, I think about Fj$ 2.50 to Sigatoka one way (an interesting town with many shops selling essentials, craft items and second-hand Aussie clothes). If a taxi is looking for a return fare at Hideaway they will do it for the same price. We have even been picked up by an air-conditioned tourist coach, same deal.

Room Tip: If you can fit into a double and single bed arrangement, go for the Frangipani bure.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family