Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa
$111
$81
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$89
Tambua Sands(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$96
$76
  • Pool
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$70
Agoda.com
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$65
$60
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$70
$52
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$325
$249
Priceline
$317
$251
Shangri-La.com
  • Breakfast included
1,529 results
All reviewsall inclusive packagefrangipani burehappy hour gamesoutdoor showercoral coastaqua gymkids clubmongolian bbqnightly entertainmenthigh tidelocal villagepool volleyballocean front burea la carte menudive shopfire walkingactivities staff
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Eveyone has different expectations which are created from previous experiences. I have travelled to Fiji on 4 previous occasions so have some experience of different resort facilities. Fiji Hideaway was a nice resort which exceeded my expectations after reading some of the other reviews. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival and felt that I got good value for money. The breakfast buffet was amazing and devine, how could you go wrong with bacon, tomatoes, hashbrowns, french toast, muffins, etc every morning. If you are offered the room and breakfast package, definately take it.

My one disappointment was the kids club. I was travelling on my own with two children and was looking forward to some 'time out' when the children were in the kids club. Now, this is where expectations and previous experiences comes in. The children are well travelled and have been in many a kids club, which in my opinion should be a designated area with playground and a room for drawing/painting/collage/games etc. The Fiji Hideaway kids club was the following; take children to activities desk, sign book, leave children standing at activities desk waiting for a staff member to collect them, children follow staff member around the resort looking for things to do. My son asked them "where is the kids club?" to which he never received a reply. It was unorganised and unprofessional in my opinion and management need to sit down and review this particular area of service.

I would recommend this property to my friends (the ones without children) and would definately go back with just my husband staying in a beach front villa.

3  Thank DianaKeith
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We are a young couple, first time to Fiji. Hideaway was great but we got a little bored at times as there wasn't much to do and we hadn't realised that November was just out of the peak season so there weren't many people for us to have a drink with. The staff were awesome, i had my birthday there and they did a great job at making me feel special. The pool guys are all nice & fun and get you involved in the pool activities. The room was clean and nice but there was no TV which only bothered us as there wasn't much to do at times. It's a little far away from everything but that didn't bother us much. There was a lovely new resturant just opened 200m up the road where we ate when we didn't feel like eating at the hotel. I would reccomend this hotel for a family with young kids, the kids there loved the waterslide. Including my fiance.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nikki1186
Reviewed April 26, 2011

OK let's do the negatives first - bathroom very run down in ocean view two bed burre. Food was dull. Waterslide was not working. The place was a little worn in places.

But but but.... so many positives. Burre was comfortable if a little close to the bar (could hear disco) - hey we booked right at the last minute we were rapt to get it! Location was terrific - snorkelling at the door. Breakfasts were great. Kids' club was good too. My kids (7 and 5) really enjoyed learning Fijian, racing crabs, hunting for cocunuts and breaking them open etc etc. The free kids' food was basic, but good with vegies and salad and and fruit as well as the usual pizza, chips etc. Staff were very genuine and friendly. Having the dive school right there was great and Stuart and I loved the free scuba diving lesson and the introductory dive - really really awe inspiring. This was a lovely, friendly resort in a terrific location and we had a thoroughly relaxing good value holiday.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Bula! from the time we set foot on the resort, we were greeted and treated with welcoming smiles and friendliness from any of the staff who were there for our arrival. The warmth of the staff continued throughout our stay, (which for most of our family/friends was 1 week, but for my husband & I was 12 nights.) If you expect a 5 star resort, then this may not be the place for you, however we believe the friendliness and care factor from the staff heavily outweighed any of the 5 star formalities you may receive from other hotels. The resort was clean and undeniably well kept, as we saw the grounds staff every morning doing their thing to make sure all was in order for the guests to enjoy throughout the day. Any rubbish we saw seemed to be left by careless guests who couldn't seem to make it to the nearest ashtray, which were ample, and we did not see any staff smoking on the grounds.The bures were spacious and beautiful (according to some of our guests, much nicer than expected), and the Frangipani bures with the outdoor showers were a hit!! The restaurant served up a variety of great food for just about all tastes, and the breakfasts were worth getting up for (even if you 've had a late night indulging in one, or 2, or OK maybe 6 of the super yummy cocktails at the bar the night before.) Food wasn't too expensive, and everything can be charged to your room so there is no need to carry cash around the resort..note: sometimes food could take a bit longer than expected, but hey that's Fiji time for you :) The activites provided are fun, and the activity staff are so accomodating and helpful to get you in the mood - Aquagym@11 is a lot of fun...just ask the ladies hey Tiny! Even though swimming isn't an option at low tide, there is still plenty to do, and taxis and buses are at your door step to get a ride into town for markets and shopping. Many of our guests indulged in one or a few of the spa treatments, the pedicures and body massages being the favourites! In regards to our wedding - Margy, Lisa and Natasha are sensational!!!! It rained all day long, and the staff's concern was undeniable. However, half an hour before the wedding, the rain stopped and all of the hard work that had been done was enjoyed by us and our guests. The ceremony was beautifully done, and the setup and food for the reception was amazing - note to the guys, no need for suits, or even long pants as it was pretty hot! We moved to a Villa the day after the wedding, and they too were spacious and luxurious - got to love the 2 person showers as well as the outdoor bath and shower. If you're concerned about the noise at the bar after 10pm, maybe ask for a room away from the bar area, but we along with our guests enjoyed staying up at the bar sampling the yummy cocktails on offer!! a big thanks to the all of the staff (you know who you are!!) who made it truely a memorable trip for all of us to remember...oh, and now that we have such a superb anniversary destination to come back to, we shall return!!!! THANK YOU AND VINAKA to a super crew of staff who helped to make our wedding trip one we will never forget xox S & J D :)

Room Tip: explain your type of trip to reservations
  • Stayed: April 2011

Facilities = 7, a little run down around pool area
Rooms = 2, very old and bathrooms were terrible
Staff = 9 ,very helpful and accommodating
Service = 9 , both in bar and restaurant
Need more sun lounges as people would put towels down to reserve at around 7 am every day and not turn up to around 10am or even after lunch

Room Tip: read reviews
1  Thank Fraz59