“Our dream wedding come true”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We chose the Outrigger to host our Fijian wedding in July this year. With a party of 37 family and friends we ALL managed to enjoy the wonderful Fijian warmth and hospitality. Ilisoni, our wedding planner, made organising our day a dream - nothing was a problem including arranging to have a bamboo raft made specially for me to arrive in! The local village helped to make and decorate the raft. We were married on the beach just on sunset - the ceremony was simple, short and personal. Straight after the ceremony we relaxed with Janz champagne and canapes and then the most amazing dinner in the garden with tea lights and lanterns - its was so romantic. It was simply the most perfect day undoubtably because of Ilisoni and all the other wonderful people at the Outrigger. Thank you for everything :-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Guruswedding
Manjita, Client Relations Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

Bula Guruswedding,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear your family and friends enjoyed their Outrigger on the Lagoon experience. Ilisoni and his team were very pleased to receive your feedback. Our Wedding and Banqueting team thoroughly enjoy creating the perfect wedding experience for all guests. They certainly take great pride in going that extra mile especially on such a momentous day! The team will be very happy to know they had such a great impact on your day.
We look forward to welcoming your family back to Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji!
Kind Regards
Moreen Manjita

Write a ReviewReviews (3,178)

Reviewed September 24, 2009

The hotel has fantastic. What really set the hotel apart from the others was the service. The staff at the hotel were the nicest and the most attentive that I've ever experienced. I would recommend the Outrigger to everyone I know.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Honeumoonerss
Manjita, Client Relations Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

Bula Honeumoonerss,

Many thanks for your kind feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your Outrigger on the Lagoon experience. The staff take great pride and will be pleased to receive your comments. Thank you for recommending our property.

We look forward to your return to Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

We found our stay to be exactly what we expected.
From the Limosuine pickup at Nadi untill return to Nadi the same way, our stay was par excellence.
Relaxing friendly COMPERTEMPT staff , great room and excellent food.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KIwigrazier
DarrenFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2009

Bula KIwigrazier!
Vinaka Vakalevu for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2010!
Regards
Darren Shaw

Reviewed September 21, 2009

Just returned from The Outrigger Resort in Fiji and thought that I had to tell other travelers with young families that it was an excellent holiday. The resort seems to be set up for kids, young and old. Our kids are nearly 6, nearly 4 and just over 1. The two boys (first 2) had a ball at kids club in the mornings and then either went again in the afternoon, or joined us around the massive pool (which has shallow areas for young kids). We travelled with friends who also have young kids and we both said that we couldn't fault the place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Den2404
Manjita, Client Relations Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2009

Bula Den2404

Many thanks for your wonderful comments! Our resort strives to cover all areas of the perfect holiday experience and I am so glad to
hear we delivered this to your friends and your family. I appreciate your fabulous comments on our wonderful kids club and the lagoon style pool. It’s always very popular with the little ones. It was a pleasure to welcome yourself and your friends on this Outrigger Holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Outrigger 'Vuvale' (Family).

Reviewed September 20, 2009

The Outrigger provided a wonderful location for our wedding and shared holiday with extended family and friends, who travelled from Canada and Australia.

The wedding coordinator Ilisoni at the Outrigger, was extremely warm and helpful, ensuring our wedding and reception exceeded our expectations. Many of our guests told us that our wedding was one of the best they have attended. The chapel where we held our ceremony is a gorgeous location with wonderful views of Fiji. The reception was also beautifully set up, with a delicious buffet, plenty of drinks and a dancefloor for everyone to "burn off" their big meals!

We stayed in a Ocean Bure with Butler service, where we found our two butlers were also very lovely and warm, always greeting us as we passed them. Checking on our needs and basically ensuring we enjoyed our stay. We didn't always receive our canapes and champagne in the afternoon, and this suited us perfectly as we often out in one of the bars and restaurants socialising with our friends and family.

The outrigger is perfect for families with children, as my nieces and nephews would attest to. They loved the kids club, and was disappointed when their parents suggested they spend time together, as they much preferred to play with their new found friends! My best friend also had a 5 week old baby with her, and the Fijians adore babies, always happy to nurse the baby for you, so that you may have a moment to yourself to eat your meal.

The staff throughout the Outrigger were so helpful, warm and friendly, with most of them remembering your name. One of the waiters said she remembered my sister from my sister's last trip to the Outrigger and that was 8 years ago! There were a couple of times where service was slow...but the reality is, you go to Fiji to be on Fiji time and relax, and leave the rush of your normal day behind.

The Outrigger was also very good with organising day trips for all our guests - some went scuba diving, others went on sailing and snorkelling trips, or boat trips to the village and white water rafting. Many of our guests loved the day trips that they chose.

The Bebe spa is also a must - a gorgeous setting, with wonderful beauty therapists who are sensitive to your needs. I felt very spoilt going there.

Overall, I couldn't fault the service, location or accommodation of the Outrigger. We had a wonderful and memorable time there and will return again one year. I also think we had such a fabulous time because of our family and friends, and because we have a relaxed attitude.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank BeestieBrisbane
FBOutrigger, Director of Food & Beverage at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

Bula BeestieBrisbane,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are delighted to hear Outrigger created many memorable moments for you and your friends and family. Ilisoni and his team were especially impressed by your comments. The banqueting team takes great pride in making a wedding experience perfect for everyone. It is so true that our staff has an uncanny ability to remember guests from years gone by - especially the children! We are as a team constantly striving for the best possible service experience. I was reassured to hear a couple of slower service incidents did not tarnish your overall impression. Bebe is the perfect get away whether it be for a wedding celebration, a quiet cocktail at sunset or, of course, our relaxing spa. We certainly appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you, your friends and family back to Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji.

Vinaka & best regards

Leon Pink
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed September 18, 2009

Outrigger is a lovely hotel, with very happy and friendly staff. My husband and i stopped over in Fiji on a round the world tour and the Outrigger was just what we needed. It's about an hour from the airport and it's so easy to just jump in a cab....there are plenty waiting (just pick one that looks fairley new...the old ones don't get much past 30mph).In this part of Fiji hotels are very much like resorts and there is evry little to do outside them but the hotel itself will provides a variety of entertainments for all ages throughot the day. THe pool was large and there is a seperate kids area, the was an amusements room for teenagers and a number of bar's and restaurants to while a way the hours. THere is also a few water sports included (such as snorkelling) on the beach. and for a little extra you can do scuba diving.However if you are looking for long stretchs of desserted white sand this is not the place for you, the beach is short but very private. The hotel has a wonderful spa and it's well worth wasting a morning or two relaxing up there. The views are fantastic from up there too and after a long day of relaxing the tapas champagne bar was just wonderful....nothing like sipping champagne and pimms soaking up the veiws. they ahve a lovely room, just right for a wedding!
WE ventured out of the hotel a few times and they are very happy to organise that all for you. Once to Suva (the captial)...don't waste your time and money, it's a horrid place; dirty, smelly and full of cheap tourist crap. However we had a great time on the boat trip that we took to a small island and the flying fox was amazing and great fun for all the family providing you don't mind heights.
The evening entertainment kind of died a little around 9pm when we were there as it seemed to be a very family friendly hotel so if your looking for a big night life you won't find it here. the hotel is full og aussie and Kiwi families and the odd honeymoon couple.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Bula redchristie,

Many thanks for your kind feedback! It was great to have you as our guests at Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji and we appreciate you
taking the time to share your experience with others. We are pleased with your observation of plenty of “dining options”, “entertainment”
and thank you for recommending our Bebe Day Spa and our hilltop bar Kalokalo. Our beach is more of a coral beach than sandy beach but this makes for fabulous snorkeling when the tide is in and of course interesting exploring when tide is out. Our focus is to ensure a positive vacation experience and your feedback will be shared with the resort team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Outrigger 'Vuvale' (Family).

Reviewed September 14, 2009

BEST RESORT EVER: I have no idea where to start when it comes to describing my holiday at this glorious location. Before I left for my holiday, I had done a lot of research on Trip Advisor and was a little apprehensive about the beach. If this is what you are going through now, don't worry about it. Sure, we are very spoilt with our beaches in Australia, but the staff keep the beach immaculate and even though the water isn't always safe to swim in it, it's perfect just to sun bake by it or swim in the magnificent pool. While over there we had a look at a number of other resorts and this is by far the best resort on the Coral Coast!!!

ROOM & MEALS: My partner and I are quite young and haven't been together all that long so we were hoping for a romantic getaway with lots to see and do... and that's what we got. When we arrived we were greeted with "BULA!!!" at the front gate. I have grown to love and miss the always friendly staff and their greetings whenever you pass them. We were offered to purchase an upgrade which included an Ocean View Room, the Talai Bitler service and a $200 voucher for the Bebe Spa. This is definitely a must!!! It doesn't cost all that much and having champagne, canapes and your bed turned down daily is totally worth it.

The rooms are gorgous and very modern. The only down side was the toilet door was made of timber slats so if you eat as much as we did, you can hear some not so romantic noises. My partner and I just made a rule to either and the TV going to for the other person to sing while the other person went to the bathroom. In a stange way, I think this brought us closer together. :-)

We purchased some meal vouchers at the front desk (which cuts the cost of meals dramatically), however we didn't take into account that we would be out travelling every now and then and had some spare vouchers left over. Try to purchase the vouchers as you go if you can to avoid this happening. Also, we sure to visit the Ivi Restaurant at least one night while you are there. It is quite expensive but so worth it. The food and service are divine. My partner and I couldn't eat until lunch the next day because we were so full. :-) I had my birthday that day and they surprised me with a birthday song and cake after our dinner. I would just like to say a big thank you too all who helped with my celebrations (especially Emori!!!!!). You made it the most perfect birthday evening anyone could ever ask for.

ACTIVITIES: Try to take the first day of your holiday just to relax around the resort and see what they have to offer. Go to the activities desk and take some brochures so you can plan and make the most of your time on your holiday. This time out also helps you get into "Fiji time". We went on the 'Zip Fiji' trip which is like a flying fox through the forest canopy. A must!!! However if you have long hair, be sure to tie it up so as not to get caught in the pully system. I learnt this the hard way. Whooops! :-) We also went on a day trip to Castaway Island. OMG!!! Definitely do this!!! When I go back I would definitely fit in a few nights stay there. It is just like postcard photos with crystal clear water and white sand. Also, try to visit a traditional Fijian village. We missed out on the bookings though the resort, however we hired a taxi and found one for ourselves. Everyone is so friendly and they are only too happy to show you through their village. Be sure to take a gift for the cillage (e.g. money or even a Kava root) and be sure to wear long pants or a sarong to cover your knees.

Be sure to attend the activities in the resort as well. We went to a coconut de-husking activity but we missed out on a lot of the other activities as we didn't take the time at the start to plan which ones we wanted to go to. We also wanted to do horse riding but left it too late.

BEBE SPA: We booked this for our last day so we could finish our holiday relaxed. So worth it!!! We had the Bobo massage and then went to thr bar upstairs for Tapas. Make sure you take time for this. Our room upgrade also included a $200 voucher for the spa so it cost us next to nothing.

NIGHT LIFE: As it is a resort, the night life is quite relaxed, however there is a cocktail bar right next to the Buffet Restaurant which had live music every night (the singers and musicians were brilliant) and gorgeous cocktails. Everyone couldn't help but get up on the dance floor... even my non-dancing boyfriend. :-)

KIDS CLUB: As I don't have any kids, I can't comment from my own experience, however the big smiles or the children's faces and the great care performed by the staff at all times said it all... great place for families.

THE STAFF: Absolutely brilliant service!!! Please make sure you tip the staff whenever possible. Even if it's just a small token. They work so hard and deserve it.

THANK YOU: Lastly I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff at the resort. You all went above and beyond and made my holiday such a memorable one. You will all, always be in my heart. Vinaka!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bris_Sun_Seeker
Manjita, Client Relations Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2009

Bula Bris_Sun_Seeker!

Many thanks for your kind feedback! We are so glad to hear your Outrigger on the Lagoon experience covered all your essential requirements for a perfect holiday. It was great to have you as our guests at Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji and we appreciate you taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience with others. We strive to provide our guests with memorable vacation experiences; we appreciate your comments about our “friendly staff”, “beautiful resort”, “Activities” and the “great food”! We are pleased with your observation of plenty of dining options and $ to be saved with our meal package. At F$89 (about $48AUD) + taxes per person daily for 3 meals is great value. Our breakfast is very extensive and the nightly dinner and shows in our main restaurant Vale Ni Kana are always popular options when taking the meal package. Emori will be delighted with his special mention and he will be delighted to know of his impact on your birthday. I will pass on your praise to our IVI team. Thank you for recommending our Bebe Day Spa, we certainly do pride ourselves in offering Fiji’s finest Spa facility. I look forward to passing your feedback onto the team.

Again thank you for recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Moreen Manjita

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
16 mi away
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!