Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
$104
$266
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$105
$88
  • Pool
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$243
$194
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$49
$46
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
  • Pool
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$53
  • Breakfast included
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
  • Beachfront
3,276 results
All reviewsbebe spaivi restaurantplantation burebutler servicesundowner barmei meitalai butlera deluxe ocean view roomvale nichampagne and canapeskids clubtapaspeter hopgoodmeimei serviceevery afternoonpool aerobicscoral coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Bula everyone. We just love this Resort, our 2nd time staying and it never ceases to amaze and thrill us. This is a 5 star Resort - and it shows in every single way! We stayed in a Superior Resort view room, just gorgeous. Woke each morning to the sound of the ocean and sunshine on our balcony. Room service is excellent, staff attention to detail - excellent, food great, activities for children and adults - excellent. We have made lovely friends at this resort - being "returners" as they like to call us! Huge pool with an abundance of comfortable sun lounges unlike some resorts. The staff morale here is excellent, they all enjoy their jobs and it shows. Shopping is terrific. The only downside I could possibly point out would be the coral beach and very low tides, making swimming in the ocean difficult. But again, this is not their fault - after all - it is the Coral Coast . This resort we call our 2nd home now, and will continue to return and return. If you are after luxury - this is it. Vinaka

Room Tip: Any, they are all superb!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Bronwyn R

Sunny greetings from Coral Coast!
I am absolutely thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort for your second visit!
It is easy to understand why Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted as the “Number One Family Resort” in all of Australia and the South Pacific at the recent Trip Advisor “Traveler’s Choice” awards. As you found out the resort has even got better since your last visit! The new “Adults Only” swimming pool, the new Kids Club and Meimei nanny centre, plus we have upgraded all of our menus at all of our restaurants. I am quietly confident that Outrigger will most definitely become your second home.
Bronwyn R, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji. We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I could not fault this place in any way! My husband and I got married here on the 20th may 2014. We stayed here for 10 days with 50 of our friends and family! Asmeen and vAnessa (the wedding coordinators) were amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. We had the dream package and got married in the chapel (which was amazing!!!) the views up there were beautiful! It was private from the other guests also- we went from there to the adults only pool for our reception! It was beautiful. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Every single one of our guests commented on how good our food was- it was amazing! The staff were fantastic filling up our drinks every time they were low.. The day of our wedding I hurt my toe on the beach. For the next two days I had the duty manager call me to check that I was ok!
We had our own butler for our room and he was amazing! So good with our son-always chatting with him and laughing with him!
Like I said I am in love with this place! If you are considering getting married here or even holidaying here you won't regret it!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Car345

Dear Car345

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday and wedding at our beautiful resort. I am absolutely thrilled that we could provide you with such a memorable experience! As you have stated in your commentary, our staff are what sets us apart from all of the other resorts, not just in Fiji but also Australasia – We are truly blessed with the warmest and friendliest team you could ever imagine. I will most definitely share your comments with Asmeen and Vanessa, your wedding planners!
Thank you for your comments on the talai butler service that we provide to our guests at the resort – This service is unique to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
Car345, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at outrigger in May 2014 for 7 nights - it was a solo trip as I had girlfriends staying at a nearby hotel.

The staff are very friendly and very helpful although by the end of the 7 days I was over saying "Bula".

The room I was in was ground floor, it was very clean and had everything you would need - the beds are very comfy and all in all I slept well the only complaint was the buggy carts constantly whizzing past my room at ALL hours. The room next door checked in at 1:30am their first night which I thought a little late for checkin. I was woken by them talking very loudly opening and closing back screen door etc.. They were excited to be in fiji. After about 30 minutes they just got louder so I rang front desk who to their credit immediately sent someone down to ask them to settle down. Good to know legitimate complaints were taken seriously.

The food was great and comparatively priced to Australian prices. I only ate at Sundowner and the Adults only pool as travelling on my own felt awkward eating elsewhere due to the huge family atmosphere. This is very much a family resort kids are EVERYWHERE.

The resort is at least 1 hour 30 minutes from Nadi by coach - maybe quicker slightly by taxi. Most of the day trips I took were around Denaru and Nadi which was a right pain travelling so far each way.

I really do not like that the resort is a cashless resort I am guessing the method behind that is twofold ease for the guest but it encourages spending more than you would if you just used cash which is easier to keep track of your expenses. Obviously you can constantly ask front desk for a tally but who wants to do that each day. I found being a cashless resort a real nuisance basically I had to keep a list of all I spent to avoid any hidden fees/add ons at the final bill.

Overall a good resort for family's and wedding parties. Not sure if I will be back with my family given the distance from Nadi to Outrigger.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarfor
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Sarfor

Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast!
My team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are all about providing quality holiday experiences to our guests. It is obvious from your comments, that in your case, we did not deliver on this expectation - We sincerely apologies for this occurrence!
I apologies for the noise emanating from the golf buggies – I will address this issue with our concierge staff. I was pleased to read that our Manager on Duty took the appropriate action when the guests next door to your accommodation made too much noise – You will be pleased to know that we have a Manager on Duty 24/7 to deal with any issues that may arise.
The cashless resort concept has been a huge success since we introduced this arrangement back in February this year. No more costs associated with foreign exchange. Guests can still settle their account on checkout with cash should they wish to do so!
Thank you for your comments regarding our staff – they are the heart and soul of our resort and the main reason why Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted the number one family resort in Australasia and the South Pacific in this year’s Trip Advisor awards. The resort is also recognized in the top 25 resorts in the world being voted at Number 14!
Sarfor,
Once again I thank you for your comments!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Thank you for the most amazing holiday, one of pure relaxation, local traditions and stunning sights. We stayed in a family plantation buree (which I definitely recommend for families), however our only complaint was the constant loud noise from the pool filter which was across the ground from our front door. Took away from the atmosphere a little.
But apart from that, we will be back and cant wait to experience more of the island.
Definitely recommend the Bebe Spa, the jetboat trip up the Sagatoka River and the island cruises.
We used the nanny services each night and the girls just loved the way they were treated and experienced the cultures.
Thank you and see you soon.
The Sammut Family.
Australia

Room Tip: Definitely get the family room if you have 2 or more children, just for the added more and comfort.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BrettSammut

Dear BrettSammut

Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday at our beautiful resort. As you found out our staff make all of the difference! How good is our meimei nanny service?
You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted as the “Number One” family resort in the Australia/ South Pacific region as adjudged by respondents to Trip Advisor.
I sincerely apologise for the noise emanating from the pool pump room. I have addressed this issue with my engineering team.
BrettSammut, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience. We all look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were trying to get a restful break and had request that our suite be in the 'kids free zone'.
Didn't matter - children were in the 'kids free pool' at 6am screaming and yelling.
Breakfast was much the same, as we watched the local bird life fly into the breakfast room and eat from the servery. (Obvious bad hygiene)
We were also billed for services and items we didn't use on checking out.
There was also another charge for a 'hospital' - when I asked about this I was informed it was a donation to the local community. They would have got a donation from me if that had the courtesy to ask and not levy it in my bill.
The building is old and needs some care and attention.
Staff were helpful, if you could find them - usually down at the family and kids area. Good if you have kids under 10yrs.
Honeymooners, professional couples and retires should give it a miss

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Jon B

Dear JonBwlmonte

Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
Whilst we embrace all comments that we receive from readers of Trip Advisor, unfortunately we cannot sit back and accept comments that are outright false!
Our “adults only” swimming pool, Vahavu is a dedicated 18years and above swimming pool and bar! At no time are children under 18 years of age permitted in this area. Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji is one of the few resorts in the South Pacific that has a dedicated Myna bird eradication program. You will note from comments from other reviewers to Trip Advisor that this program is working extremely well and we have eliminated these pests from our resort. I apologise if you were uncomfortable in donating to the community fund. All guests have an option not to participate in this very worthy cause. All monies received are utilized for the betterment of schools, hospitals and orphanages in our local community. In my 5 years in Fiji I have only had 3 couples that were not happy with this arrangement – Once again sincere apologies!
We have the warmest friendliest staff of any resort in Fiji, if not the South Pacific. This was noted at the recent Trip Advisor Awards wherein Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji was voted as the number Family Resort not just in the South Pacific but also Australia and New Zealand – The resort was voted as the 14th best family resort in the world!
It is obvious that families do love us!