“Rejuvenating holiday with family”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Me, my husband and my parents had stayed for 6 days at this beautiful resort. We had a personal butler and the service is excellent. We had also arranged a small wedding vows renewal package on the beach and it all went very well. My parents loved the pool aerobics, yoga, snorkeling and so many other activities happening throughout the day. Being near mainland it was very convenient to step out and try some other restaurants and activities like the Sigatoka River safari etc. There are so many restaurants to try out various dishes and the breakfast spread with hot foods, fresh smoothies, juices is yummylicious!
Bebe spa experience was exotic with its mountain top location and adored the body wrap cocoon treatment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd-5th floors for a stunning ocean view
1  Thank Piu1402
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Piu1402
Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji! It sounds like you had an amazing holiday at our beautiful resort!
We really do appreciate the informative comments that you have provided to readers of Trip Advisor.
Thank you for your comments about the customer service. As you found out, our staff love coming to work and engaging with our guests.
I was pleased to read that that you and your family took advantage of the many and varied activities that are available at the resort – seriously so much to do within the resort and local attractions. Congratulations on your wedding vow renewal! I was delighted to read that you also had the opportunity to visit our “world famous” Bebe Spa – how good are the treatments!
Piu1402, once again we thank you for taking the time to provide comment on Trip Advisor. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

There are newer reviews for Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have just arrived home after a warm and wonderful week at the Outrigger. We had done a lot of comparing resorts on the mainland before we booked and feel we definitely made the right choice. Where do we start... The arrival was very welcoming and check-in hasslefree. We were given a lot of information on the services of the resort. Our hotel rooms were really nice, the air con worked well. The rooms were always cleaned especially well.

We were on holiday with our 3 children (11, 9 and 2). The massive main pool definitely catered for the large number of guests well. With the beach being tidal there was only limited time in the afternoon for snorkelling and kayaking but it was long enough for us to have a good look and see what lived underneath. The new adults pool that opened while we were there (lucky us!) was fantastic.

We had spa treatments as part of our package and this would be the best spa experience we have had...totally relaxing, very decadent treatments and the view was amazing.

The kids buffet meals were always plentiful and to clockwork. All the restaurants were nice with a variety of cuisines on offer but our favourite place for dinner and adults breakfast was The Sundowner Restaurant.

We booked our 2 year old into the Meimei service for a few days (mainly around meal times so we could relax while dining). All the ladies are lovely, but we have to make special mention of our sons wonderful nanny Tulia. She is such a beautiful person inside and out and took great care of our son, we felt very relaxed knowing he was in such safe hands - Ashton says "Hi" to you Tulia.

And last but definitely not least, we can't say enough about all the lovely management and staff who are such a special part of this resort. They always had a friendly "Bula" for us and are so good with the kids. You can tell that they love their jobs and love making their guests feel at home in their beautiful country.

We will definitely be recommending this resort to friends and family...Vinaka :)

Room Tip: It is a nice stroll from the top hotel rooms but if you don't want to be too far away from the p...
2  Thank rwilliamson1975
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear rwilliamson1975
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your holiday at our beautiful resort. It sounds like you had a wonderful break.
As you have stated in your commentary, our staff are what sets us apart from all of the other resorts, not just in Fiji but also Australasia – We are truly blessed with the warmest and friendliest team you could ever imagine. I will most certainly pass on the comments from Ashton to Tulia – She is truly a beautiful lady that takes such good care of the children.
I also thank you for your comments about our restaurants – you can see why they are rated as the best restaurants in Fiji. My favourite is also the Sundowner Bar and Grill.
Rwilliamson1975, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights at this amazing resort early this month with our two daughters aged 4 and 7. Although it rained our first few days there we had wonderful time and cannot wait to go back again. The resort is ideal for a family with young children. Our children enjoyed both the kids club and the Mei Mei service and loved the activities on offer at the “Art Cart”. When the sun returned the kids enjoyed the pool, snorkelling, horse riding and just walking along the beach.
We ate at all the restaurants. My youngest daughter is a very fussy eater so I actually packed 2 minute noodles just in case. Thankfully they were unnecessary as both my girls enjoyed the food on the children’s buffet and the kids’ menus.
Most nights we ate at the Vale Ni Kana and really enjoyed the theme nights. Our favourite restaurant for lunch was the Bavari. The ceasar salad was terrific! My husband and I dined at the Ivi Restaurant which was amazing. We particularly liked the “surprise” of a seared scallop whilst waiting for our entrée. The Sundowner had a lovely atmosphere for dinner and the view overlooking the water was just beautiful!
The Bebe spa was extremely relaxing and I practically floated down the hill back to the resort after my treatment.
Our talai butler, Lusia was just wonderful, always happy and very helpful! In fact we found all the staff to be extremely friendly, courteous and always willing to help. On our second last day at the resort my youngest daughter decided that she wanted to get her hair braided. A very big thank you to Saraphina (?) who squeezed her into her busy schedule!

2  Thank RuthF71

Dear RuthF71
Greetings from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
We are delighted that you had such a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your comments in regards to our restaurants and staff! You can clearly understand why Outrigger was voted the best resort at the recent Fiji Tourism Awards and our “fine dine “ restaurant, Ivi was also voted the number one restaurant in all of Fiji!
The best part about a holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji are our wonderful staff. They truly love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I will most definitely share your comments with Lusia, your talai butler and Sarafina the lady that braided your daughter’s hair.
RuthF71, I am absolutely thrilled that my team could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience.
We look forward to catching up with you again at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My daughter and myself travelled to Fiji for the first time and stayed at the Outrigger because of the good trip advisor reviews. We were upgraded to an Ocean View room which was lovely on the 8th floor of the main building. This was well located to reception and guest services but a good walk to the beach and restaurants, however there is a lift and golf buggy to take you most of the way if needed. Also it was good that we were on this level as our phone line didnt work for 3 days due to some maintenance, if we had been staying close to the beach or bures we wouldnt have been happy walking back and forwards to reception to organise booking for restaurants and tours. It was at 92% occupancy so we did need to book for tea most nights.

The rooms looked recently renovated and the beds were very comfortable. We had a butler service each night with champagne and canapes, and also received small bottles of water each day which were not adequate for warm weather. We did buy 12 bottles of water from the General Store. We have travelled extensively and always received more water in resorts with high humidity. Also wi fi was only available free for 20 mins at the Takia Coffee place near reception if you purchased something. We thought $55AUD for a whole week is a bit rich, when most resorts provide wi fi for free.

We were aware this is a family resort but didnt anticipate the amount of small children and babies everywhere and it was very noisy at times. However we did maximise the adult areas e.g. Sundowner for breakfast is adults only and overlooks the beach. The main restaurant where the buffets are held everynight was extremely noisy and busy for breakfast, so we avoided it. Also a beautiful place to relax is high on the hill (you can walk but mostly the buggies go there regularly) called Kalokalo Bar. The views are wonderful and between 2.00 - 4.00pm they have a lovely high tea for $10AUD and from 4.00 - 6.00 pm they provide tapas which is also lovely. Very quite too. We ate at Ivi Restaurant on the last night and it did live up to its reputation. Excellent food and service.

The long awaited adult pool and lounge opened midway through our stay. It has a lap pool and lagoon pool with a swim up bar, a lovely lounge area and tables, chairs for meals. Nice spot and lovely to get away from noisy children and will be well utilised when the weather is fine.

We have travelled to many resorts and found the staff (all fijian people) to be genuinely friendly and helpful and love to have a chat and fun with the guests. From what I have heard the Resort has increased the staff numbers and this was apparent because they were always available and checking that everything was ok.

We bought some wood carvings from Jacks and Sarvi was particularly helpful and friendly. All the timber is treated and we had no trouble getting through Customs in Melbourne after we declared it.

One day we experienced much local culture, visiting the local village (kava ceremony), fire walking and the Meke dancing at the resort in the evening. Highly recommend this. If we had more time we would have visited Eco Park, Sand Dunes and Sigatoka.

Overall we had a great time, loved the people and would definitely visit again, but possibly would go to a resort with no young children. Also be aware that the food, drinks, general souvenirs are quite expensive and are close to Australian prices.

Room Tip: Upgrade to ocean view room if staying in the Lagoon Wing
2  Thank suzy_que231

Dear suzy_que231
Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
I was delighted to read that we could provide you and your daughter with such a memorable holiday experience! As you and your daughter found out there are so many things to do on an Outrigger holiday.
Suzy_que, once again we thank you for your enthusiastic comments. All of the team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in January, the resort has lovely grounds at the moment one large pool which could be noisy, however an adult pool was being built and will be a welcome haven. We stayed on a full board basis which allowed us to eat in all the on-site restaurants, although a supplement applied at 2 restaurants. The food was excellent and plentiful, we mainly ate at the buffet style restaurant and the staff were very helpful and always friendly. Probably a better deal than paying as you go - if you like 3 meals a day.
While there we took a back shop tour which was very interesting and well worth the hour out of the sun - Although it is family orientated, I would still recommend this resort to couples.
The resort organises activities for children and some adult activities, such as a tour of the garden, again this was very informative and interesting.
Wherever one walked, you would be greeted with a smile and Bula.
A great location, great staff & nice grounds

Room Tip: The Beach Bures are very close to the beach and better value that the ocean bures
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ivang1950

Dear ivang1950
I am pleased to advise that our new Vahavu “Adults Only” swimming pool is now open and is very popular with our adult guests.
Ivang1950, once again we thank you for taking the time to provide comment on Trip Advisor. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I truly wish to say thank you to the lovely friendly staff at the outrigger, for making our family holiday the most pleasant we have had in years, with lasting memory's.
A special mention to the kids club (beach riggers) in giving our 8 year old daughter a fantastic Fijian experience.
Also a special mention to the Staff at the Sundowner for making our wedding anniversary dinner such a memorable evening, also who can forget Beni at the bar.
I would recommend the outrigger as a fantastic family resort, keep up the great work see you next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Collin P
Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Thank you for your review! It sounds like you and your family had an unbelievable holiday at our beautiful resort.
We appreciate your comments on our staff. As you found out they love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I was pleased to read that our staff at the kids club took such good care of your 8 year old. I will also pass your best wishes onto the team at the Sundowner Bar and Grill and last but not least, Beni.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable wedding anniversary - the Fijians love a celebration.
Collin P, Once again we thank you for your comments - hopefully we will see you and the family back at our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We recently had an 11 night stay here and it was heaven.!!
We stayed in an ocean view room on the lagoon wing, rooms look like they have been renovated but are looking a little tired.
Pool was amazing and all amenities got a good workout.
Quite a large resort but didn't feel crowded at all.
The nanny service was amazing and all the Mei Mei staff loved my daughter and I felt very happy leaving her to it.
Water sports are limited due to tides on the reef so didn't get a chance to try them out.
But so much to do we were never board the whole time during our stay.
I have to say in all the years I've travelled and the many resorts I've stayed at I've never seen so many guests participate in the pool aerobics before in my life.
Very family friendly ticked all the boxes.
Only disappointment was the hot stone massage I had, I've definitely had better elsewhere and for less so maybe if you enjoy a massage stick with the Fijian bobo massage and you'll be a happy customer.
All the restaurants were great but the grill was our favourite yummy food and cocktails.!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank courts4383

Dear courts4383
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at our beautiful resort. It sounds like you had a wonderful break.
As you have stated in your commentary, our staff are what sets us apart from all of the other resorts, not just in Fiji but also Australasia – We are truly blessed with the warmest and friendliest team you could ever imagine. I will most certainly pass your comments onto the staff at the Kids Club and Meimei centre. As you found out there are so many activities to participate in. Sepa’s water aerobics and rhumba class are a huge hit with our guests.
I have noted your comments in regards to the hot stone massage and will discuss this issue with our spa manager – Sincere apologies for not delivering a quality treatment.
Courts4383, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!