“Our wedding at The Outrigger”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Adelaide, Australia
“Our wedding at The Outrigger”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband & I are from Australia & got married at The Outrigger in March of this year. We were lucky enough to be joined by 44 of our friends & family. Most people stayed for 8 nights & others for a bit longer. We stayed in a Bure which was breathtaking but most other guests stayed in the Ocean View Rooms which had the most beautiful views to wake to every day. Between the many dining options the awesome pool & the activities around the resort, each day was action packed (we organised day trips to zipline, trips to the nearby Eco Park, etc) or relaxing, depending on what mood we were in. The staff at the resort are amazing. Their beautiful smiles & "Bula's" all day long make it impossible not to be happy. All of our guests enjoyed every minute of their trip & did not want to leave. With the great service, the amaxing resort grounds, delicious food & facilities & the staff, you could not ask for more.Then there was the wedding day which can be summed up with one word: Perfect! The staff at The Outrigger & their wedding coordinator Asmeen made it not only a memorable day but one which far exceeded our wildest dreams. The wedding ceremony in the chapel at the top of the resort was unlike any other venue I have ever seen & set the scene for a truly magical day. The the reception. Our guests not only said the food was amazing, the service was impeccible & the venue beautiful, but went as far as to say it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The traditional dance & fire ceremony during the reception was the icing on the cake, as it, along with the resort itself showcased Fiji in all it's glory. We cannot thank The Outrigger & Asmeen enough for giving us the best day of our lives! I would recommend any couple considering getting married in Fiji to choose The Outrigger & even just for a holiday, it truly is an amazing resort, especiall for children. The activities they had for the kids made us adults jealous & exceeded all expectations. My niece loved it & has been wearing goggles in the bath since we got back because she says she misses swimming at the Outrigger so much. So thankyou Outrigger & we cannot wait to come back soon :).

Room Tip: I loved the Bure in the gardens of the resort but if you are looking for beautiful views to wake up...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Talia W
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Talia W
Sunny greetings from Coral Coast! I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a memorable wedding occasion at our beautiful resort! We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide positive comment. I was pleased to read that Asmeen, our wedding planner took such great care of you and your wedding party! I will make sure that she receives a copy of your comments. How beautiful is the Chapel sitting atop Lomalgi (Heavenly) Hill ? The views are to die for???
I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed the many and varied restaurants that we have available at the resort. You can see why our restaurants are rated the best in the South Pacific.
I really appreciate your comments about our staff around the resort. They seriously love coming to work and engaging with our guests.
Talia W, once again we sincerely thank you for your comments! We look forward to the day when you and your husband return to our beautiful resort.
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

A fantastic holiday, great atmosphere, great people and great food. To be critical the rooms were a little on the small side. We have stayed at the Radisson at Denaru in the past and the rooms were huge and so much better however the Outrigger beat it with the atmosphere and its restaurants plus activities through the day and night. Overall a great place to have a holiday - certainly will be considered to go back again to recharge the batteries.

Room Tip: The walk back to the upper floor units is a long way from the beach and restaurants, request a bure...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PlewsyPMQ
Dear PlewsyPMQ
A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji!
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday at our beautiful resort. As you found out and have also commented upon, the best thing about a holiday at Outrigger is the unbelievably warm and friendly staff that takes great pride in looking after our guests.
Thank you for your comments on our restaurants and also the activities that are available at the resort. As you found out, a holiday at Outrigger is all about fun and having a good time!
PlewsyPMQ, Once again we thank you for your comments. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort, sometime in the not too distant future.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our family have just got back from our third stay at this amazing resort and once again the Outrigger has not failed to deliver. Yes I can rave about the facilities, the food, the pool etc. but without a doubt it's the people - the beautiful Outrigger family - that makes this resort so special. From the minute you arrive the friendliness & enthusiasm is apparent with the gatekeeper greeting you with the biggest loudest BULA!! you'll ever hear (& trust me that happens every time you go in or out of the resort or just happen to pass the gate!) From there it's just smiles, 'bula' and genuine friendliness from everyone you meet. We booked a Plantation Bure and were so thrilled to be upgraded to a Beachfront Bure - if you can afford the bure's do yourself a favour and book one. The Talai butler service made the stay really special. Beautiful canapes & champagne (or beer) delivered every afternoon and by the time you got back from dinner in the evening the beds were turned down and there were liqueurs & a sweet treat waiting. Thank you Venina & Jerry for looking after us so well! My husband and I booked a "Romantic Discovery" at Bebe Spa which included a milk bath and massage. What an extraordinary experience it was out on the deck enjoying the bath whilst drinking champagne & eating fresh fruit overlooking the resort and coastline from the hilltop position. Another must! A special thanks also goes to Taione one of the wonderful activities team who went out of his way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay - even on his day off!! Thanks Tai! Really can't fault this resort on any level and after ending our holiday with a three night stay at one of the 5 star resorts on Denarau Island, it became even more apparent just how amazing the Outrigger is!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford a bure definitely book one but we've also stayed in the deluxe rooms which wer...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WenSmith
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear WenSmith
Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji.
I was delighted to read that this was your third visit back to our beautiful resort!
As you have stated whilst we have wonderful restaurants, fun activities and the best spa in the South Pacific, it is the staff, with their cheerful attitude that make a holiday at Outrigger so special!
I will most definitely pass your comments onto Venina and Gerry, your talai butlers, and most importantly Tai from activities. Tai is an outstanding young man who seriously goes beyond the call of duty to look after our guests.
Thank you for your comments on our accommodation – spacious, clean and located in a wonderful garden setting!
WenSmith, once again we thank you for your enthusiastic comments. All of the team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort for your 4th visit.
Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji
Reviewed May 20, 2013

An absolute delight of a destination. The staff really made our stay most enjoyable and relaxing. The Fijian hospitality is second to none, particularly at this resort. Our girls loved the Mei Mei service, and us parents loved the cocktails and the pool while they were there! We will definately be back. Special thankyou to Tualia, our Mei Mei and Anna and Kara for there service at the pool area.

• Stayed May 2013
Shaneclough
Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji.
Thank you for your review! It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful holiday experience at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your comments on our staff. As you found out they love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I will most certainly pass your comments onto Tualia, Anna and Kara.
I enjoyed reading your comments about the Meimei service which in turn enabled you and your wife quality time together to enjoy some refreshing cocktails – This is what a holiday at Outrigger is all about!
Shaneclough, Once again we thank you for your comments - hopefully we will see you and your family back at our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Bula ! Just returned from a fabulous holiday at this resort. Kids aged 9 and 10 had a ball and parents too. Went with another family who were also very happy with experience. Had to rave about the fantastic customer service. I left my ring in the safe (it must have slipped under the mat as I thought it was empty) After a week, I thought I would check just in case it was found. Not only was it recovered but the wonderful staff posted back to me. Booked a massage at Bebe Spa - a must do. Great food, service, best snorkelling in resort beach. We did a day trip to another island but snorkelling at this hotel beat it by far!
Thanks again, we will be back.

Room Tip: I might try out the little burra's next time - maybe a double burra ,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vanessa S
Dear Vanessa S
Sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji! It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful relaxing holiday at our beautiful resort! We really do appreciate the informative comments that you have provided to readers of Trip Advisor.
Thank you for your comments about the customer service. As you found out, our staff love coming to work and engaging with our guests. I was delighted to read that your ring made its way back to you.
Vanessa S, once again we thank you for taking the time to provide comment on Trip Advisor. All of my team looks forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.
Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can't fault anything about the Outrigger. The staff, entertainment, food, pool, bars, facilities, grounds, EVERYTHING was fantastic!!
Our room (Deluxe Ocean View) was beautiful with gorgeous views of the entire resort and the ocean. It was always cleaned before the afternoon which I appreciated and there were so many little touches that made my stay just that little bit more special than any other resort I have ever stayed at.
A couple of times we came back to the room to find little fresh flowers on the bed, blankets folded down for us in the evening etc. Our "Talai" (butler service) would come around every evening and because we were usually out at that time (between about 5-8pm) they would leave a note saying they had been and we would call them when we were back and they would bring us a glass of champagne and canapes.
The buffet breakfast was great with a huge variety. The Asian resturaunt had many different options to suit all budgets. I even got a few sides one night (veges, fried noodles etc) which were only $3 AUD per serve - and decent sizes too.... so literally to suit all budgets.
The Sundowner resturaunt on the beach front was the perfect place for an outdoor dinner on a warm Fijian evening. Great entertainment as well with musicians playing guitar and singing both Fijian music and old favourites (Bob Marley etc).
The Vakavanua Lounge, aka the nightclub, was a great place for us to catch up with other friends staying at the resort and have late night drinks. It was so good having this spot to go to when we weren't quite ready to call it a night - we were on holiday after all!
The cocktails were great...especially the Fijian Ice Tea's which became our drink of choice (They were really strong too!) and the prices were a lot cheaper than Melbourne cocktail prices.
The poolside service was amazing, we were never left waiting for someone to come around and take our food and drink orders - they were very attentative and always super friendly!
The music by the poolside was also great and created a wonderful, fun atmosphere!
I didn't get to use my $100 FJD Bebe spa voucher which came with my room booking, which was a shame because I heard it was absolutley devine. It was my fault I missed out because it books up quickly so I would recommend getting in asap for that and not leaving it until the last day like I did.
Overall, as you can probably sense from the positive vibe of this review, I had an AMAZING stay at the Outrigger on the Lagoon and would love to stay there again sometime in the future!!
I would recommend it for everyone from families with young children to fun loving couples and groups of friends to anyone who likes above and beyond service.
Vinaka vaka levu to all the happy, friendly, wonderful staff at the Outrigger who made this stay so special, I will be recommending this resort to everyone!

Room Tip: There are deluxe ocean view rooms in the main building but also down near the pool area so just ask...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank HayleyHep
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear HayleyHep
Wow - What an outstanding review!
Thank you for your comprehensive review and for all of your positive comments.
As you found out we are blessed with an amazing team that takes great pride in looking after our guests.
I was just so happy to read that you and your friends had such a good holiday. How good are the restaurants? You can fully understand why they are rated as the best in Fiji!
I must admit I haven’t tried a Fiji Iced Tea but after your comments I will make sure I have one this weekend??? Hic!
HayleyHep, once again we thank you for your comments. We can’t wait to see you and all of your friends back at our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

58 guests from different countries, and one amazing wedding...we can barely fault the outrigger for our amazing stay and wonderful wedding.
I would advise that this is a great place for younger people, even with kids, quite a lively and busy place with allot happening, so not so much a quite retreat for older 50+ people.
Our experience was one of amazing service, very clean rooms, great food at all the restaurants, even pool side service.
Nothing seemed to be too much to ask for any of the staff, always happy to help - and genuinely happy which set a fantastic atmosphere.
We loved the live band that played at the bar pool side, really set a great atmosphere each day.
If you are looking for some where in Fiji to get married you should ONLY choose the outrigger!
Our wedding planner ASMEEN was amazing....for a whole year we emailed back and forth arranging things...and every single little thing was PERFECT on the day.
We had a hiccup where it was too windy at the last minute for the original beach location for the ceremony, but Asmeen sorted everyone out to get up to the chapel which turned out perfect, with beautiful views of the beach from the large windows.

Of course there has to be one negative, it really depends on what hairdresser and makeup artist you get as to what sort of job you will receive. My Step mum had a bad experience with the makeup artist, but a great experience with the hairdresser.
i had the same hairdresser who was very good for me, but with the makeup artist I was very unhappy with my trial, and ended up doing my own makeup on the day.
In saying that, my Mother in law was happy with her makeup job so like I said it just depends on the person...so I highly recommend having a trail done prior to be safe.

The Bebe spa was AMAZING also, an absolute must do upon a visit!

Overall a great holiday, lots of fun and a beautifully maintained resort. We will defiantly be back, and I highly recommend for others to go and enjoy for themselves.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the money to wake up to everyday!! The bures are nice but the rooms were better...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lizzy C
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Lizzy C
I apologise for the issues relating to the makeup lady – I will most definitely follow up with our hair salon manager!
Lizzy C, once again we sincerely thank you for your comments! We look forward to the day when you and your husband return to our beautiful resort. By that time we will most definitely have our new “Adults Only” swimming pool completed!
Outrigger on the Lagoon . Fiji
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!