“Fantastic holiday with a wedding at the end”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Firstly Wow!!

32 of our family and friends traveled to the Outrigger in June 2012 for our wedding.

It was a perfect holiday with great family, friends and service of the outrigger staff.

Summary:

Views- amazing
Staff- never forget your name, Basil is amazing.
Food- chilli mud crab by the pool
Drinks- strong yet refreshing
Music- the lady who sings at the bar each night is amazing!
Hidden treasure- KoKo bars down the road (bula burgers)
Spa- buy the products, they are worth every cent and you can't get them here
Wedding food- perfect
Decorations- awesome
Cake- wasn't the one I picked but tasted great anyway

Only downside was we got a bure to spend our honeymoon and found it very noisy with the pool and people walking past so not very private.

Room Tip: Pick a room around the pool unless you are up for some exercise walking up the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah C
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Sarah C
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday and wedding at Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji!
It sounds like your wedding was outstanding. Nothing better to come to a tropical paradise with all of your friends and family to get married!
Thank you for your recommendations – I will most certainly pass your compliments onto Basil! I must apologise for the noise that intruded into your Bure – Unfortunately we had another couple of rowdy weddings groups at the time.
Sarah C, Once again we thank you for warm and friendly comments. We all look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

There are newer reviews for Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This time last year we had the most wonderful family holiday at the Outrigger. We met lovel people; all the staff without exception were friendly, informed and helpful.
We travelled with our 6 yr and 2 1/2 year old girls and can honestly say the whole family had a good time. We stayed in an Ocean View room with the Talai butler service included which was a lovely addition to each day- champagne and canapes for us and juice for the girls while we were getting ready for dinner.
Families everywhere but it never felt overcrowded. The kids club was great but we only used it for 1 day for the 6 year old and booked a nanny for our littlest while we went up to the Spa for a day to ourselves. The girls had a wonderful time but opted to spend the rest of their time with us in the pool. It seemed it was a poor sort of day if we didn't manage at least 6 hours in the pool! The lagoon was great too and husband and 6year old went on the reef walk early one morning and had a great time., Littleone loved playing at the edge of the water spotting star fish. The lagoon was mostly calm enough for the eldest to learn how to snorkle and we took the kayaks out too. Plenty of safety equipment and life vests around which was very reassuring. Definatley worth taking reef shoes with you though- you will use them! the coral is veryvery harsh underfoot.
The food was great; we had breakfast included and then used the pre purcased room credit we recieved to pay for evening meals and lunch snacks. Breakfast was huge, varied and all delicious. I am still being bugged now a year later to make smoothies for breakfast! Definatley worth taking advantage of the nannies being available at breakfast so you can eat yours in relative peace after little ones have had theirs. The evening food selection was good; we mostly went to Sundowners as we loved the food and the guitar man so much. The visit from the local choir was very special as the sunwent down behind them :-)
Two things we would change- it's lovely thatt everyone says "bula" all the time but if my two girls were together, everything would be directed at the youngest and my6 year old felt very left out at times. One of those things probably but it did make her feel a little sad.
The other thing is something the hotel may not be able to do anything about. The transfer back to the airport was very early in the morning- still dark outside. The bus driver was dangeous- no other way to decribe him. He was all over the road and w nearly got hit several times Everyone on the coach was scared and several passengers ended up shouting at the driver who looked like he was faling asleep. We fed all this back to our travel company immediatley on return so hopefully this is sorted.
All in all, we truly want to return and hopefully will be able to do so next year

Room Tip: An ocean view room in the main hotel was perfect for us-= quiet enough for day naps for little peopl...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Juliette S
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Juliette S
My goodness, we are also sad that you are not coming back again this year!
Hopefully next year?
We appreciate the time you have taken to advise readers on your most recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji. We are delighted that we could provide you with such a memorable holiday experience! How stunning are the views from Sundowner Bar and Grill – I would have to say that it is also my favorite dining experience, particularly with Terawa entertaining our guests.
Your return trip to the airport sounds terrifying??? I ask all readers of trip advisor that should you have any negative experience outside the resort to let me or my staff know immediately and we will take the appropriate action with the operators of these businesses. Juliette S, once again we thank you for your comments! All of my team looks forward to the day when next you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Having a family and traveling overseas is hard enough. This however was made so very special for us with the friendliest and most professional staff we have encountered anywhere in the world. Our 2 boys loved the facilities and the kids club was first rate.Initially we had problems with our air conditioning and the staff could not have been more helpful to move us to other accommodation, we had duty manager, maintenance, porters on hand to move us. On top of the day to day service that was just awesome.
I would highly recommend the Outrigger on the Lagoon to anybody I know wanting a first rate holiday in a first rate resort.

3  Thank Todd S
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Todd S
Sunny greetings from Coral Coast!
Thank you for rating your experience at our beautiful resort as the “best holiday yet”.
We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide positive comment on your holiday. I was delighted to read that your 2 boys enjoyed their time at the kids club. The kids have so much fun and many of the activities are based on the Fijian culture. I sincerely apologise for the issues you had with your air conditioner, but as you have stated, the response from our team was exceptional.
Todd S, once again we sincerely thank you for your comments! We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

my partner and i had a few hours to kill before our massages at the bebe spa, so decided to explore. we had the most amazing coffee there and the ladies serving were more than lovely.
all the staff were very friendly and you couldnt walk past one without them hollering a 'bula' at you :) even tho we werent staying in house we had a lovely few horse exploring this resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Chiara S
A huge “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji!
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent visit to our beautiful resort. Whilst you did not get to stay with us, it sounds like you fully experienced the warmth and friendliness of our staff. I was also pleased to read that you rated our coffee as the best in Fiji – I tend to agree!
Chiara S, once again we thank you for your positive comments. Hopefully next time you visit Fiji you will have the time to come and stay with us?

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I were blown away with our 5 night stay at the outrigger! Staff are amazing they go out of there way to make your stay very enjoyable. So many choices for dinner and the cocktails are to die for!! The BeBe spa is breathtaking a must do if you are staying here! There is a tapas restaurant above the BeBe spa and the views are incredible.
Lots of families were staying there and the kids seemed to be well taking care of with the kids club.
Even tho lots of families stayed the kids didn't bother us as a couple.
The Buffett breakfast is one of the high lights....amazing!!
We will defiantly be going back next year!!

Room Tip: Villas closer to the water will be our next pick
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Renee S

Dear Renee S
Bula and sunny greetings from Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji.
It sounds like you had an amazing holiday. Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our staff and also our exceptional dining facilities. How good is the Bebe Spa? – rates as the number one spa in all of Fiji! The “adults only” bar above the spa is amazing – some of the best views on the Coral Coast.
Renee S, once again we thank you for your warm and generous comments – we look forward to the day when you return to Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have just returned from our 6 day holiday at the Outrigger. This was a much anticipated trip and prior to our departure we had been checking the reviews on this website regularly to get any hints and tips. I have to say that this resort exceeded all of our expectations. We (my husband and two children 9 and 3) booked into a Plantation Bure complete with the butler service. The bure was just wonderful. Extremely comfortable, well appointed and beautifully decorated. The kids were able to run around in the gardens in front of the bure, climb trees and sing our 'Bula' to anyone who passed, while we sat out of the front deck drinking champagne. Our butler, Venina was just gorgeous. She made sure she understood our needs (making sure I had vegetarian canapes) and was very friendly. Our kids just loved her and looked forward to seeing her each evening. I have read a few complaints about this resort and for families and couples considering booking in to this resort I would like to add my thoughts:
The pool - the water isn't cold as some people have commented on. It is a beautiful temperature and very clean. I also did not think that is was packed full of screaming kids. Yes, there are times when there are lots of families using the pool but this isn't all day and the pool is so large that even when it is busy there is plenty of room. We did not find it difficult to get a sun lounge in the shade at any time of the day. Our kids just loved the pool and felt thoroughly spoilt by the pool side food and beverage service!
The drive - yes it is 1 to 1.25 hours from the airport but we did not find this an issue at all, particularly as we had our own private transfer. The drive is actually very interesting because you get to see the Fiji people go about their daily business and get a sense of the country's characteristics.
The food - we ate at all but the Ivy restaurant and enjoyed all of the restaurants, Our kids particularly loved the Bavari as it is open to the pool area and has a lovely atmosphere. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and the variety is amazing. The food prices are comparable to Australian dining prices so if you are after cheap food you wont get it. That being said we thought the food was of a 5 star quality and worth it.
The service - we found the genuine friendliness of the staff made this resort. Everywhere you went, all the staff smiled and greated you with a huge 'Bula'. Our kids just loved it and picked up the tradition with ease.
The Bebe spa - in a word, sensational! My husband and I booked in for a couples package and it was worth every dollar. Again, prices compare favourably with Australian spa prices,
The beach - yep it is a coral coast and it is still beautiful. My husband went on a guided reef walk which he thoroughly enjoyed and he took the kids out kayaking while others snorkled. While it isn't your typical crisp white sand it is a very clean and beautiful coast line.
Would I recommend this resort - most definately - and I would recommend it to all, families or couples. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: get a Bure - they are worth it
3  Thank Leanne S

Dear Leanne S
Sunny greetings from the Coral Coast!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent holiday at Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji. I am absolutely thrilled that we “exceeded your expectations” in every way! I will most certainly pass your comments onto Venina, your talai butler. I appreciated your generous comments in relation to the facilities at the resort. As you have described there are plenty of activities for children and husbands to participate in. The guided sea kayak tour is a new activity and it sounds like your husband really enjoyed himself. I also thank you for your comments on our food – We truly believe that we have the best restaurants in all of Fiji!
Leanne S, Once again we thank you for your review and recommendations. All of my team looks forward to welcoming you and the family back to our beautiful resort, at some time in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

went to the outrigger for my Daughters and son inlaws Wedding, Family (Four generations) and lots of good friends, we all had a ball, wonderful service, great food, fantastic veiws. All the staff are beautiful and so good with the kids and babies and the kids- babies loved them, every time we walked past them the 1 year old put her hands out to be with them.

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with any of the rooms
3  Thank TEEREES1
OutriggerFiji, General Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear TEEREES1
Greetings and a very big “Bula” from the team at Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji.
We thank you for your review!
I was thrilled to read that you had 4 generations of your family come and stay with us at our beautiful resort.
As you have quite rightly highlighted, we have the best restaurants, best staff, best spa and the best pool of all the resorts in Fiji!
I loved your comments on your one year old’s attraction to the Fijian women. This is how we started our meimei nanny service 3 years ago. All of the young children kept wanting to be picked up by our Fijian staff so we started with 6 meimei nannies and now we have 37 fulltime nannies – It works a treat!
TEEREES1, Once again we thank you for your comments - hopefully we will see you back at our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future?
Outrigger on the Lagoon•Fiji

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!