“Another Fantastic Holiday at the Outrigger”

Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“Another Fantastic Holiday at the Outrigger”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Christine and I have just returned from our 5th trip to the Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji and we both agree that this was the best of our 5 trips thus far. A big vinaka to all of our fijian friends for making our stay fantastic. A special mention to Koroi and the Talai butler team for your efforts in helping Christine and I celebrate our anniversary. The special touches made our special day memorable.

We both look forward to celebrating our next anniversary at the Outrigger and a BIG BULA to all at the Baravi especially Mateo, Henry, Illi, Emele, Sala, Joe, Kasanita and Manoa,

Rick & Christine

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View Rooms on the top level offer a brilliant view of the Resort and the Coast line.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rick1958
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Bula Rick & Chris,

It was so lovely to have you back at your Fijian home! I am delighted that you have noticed some of the constant improvements around the resort and that this trip was your best thus far. It was also great to have you out at the local rugby game where the Outrigger on the Lagoon Nadroga Stallions got their 2012 season off to a great start. It goes without saying, we cannot wait to have you back!

Kind regards,
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (935)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Queensland
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This review is a long time coming but time to sum up 6 years of holidays with the family and also the girlfriends at Outrigger on the Lagoon. Its amazing I've stayed in bures on the beach, plantation bures, ocean view... nearly every spot. This resort just gets better every year. Last year i had three trips not one complaint and there were quite a few of us. The food is beautiful love the Sundowner for dinner or breakfast with just the hubby. The Ivi is a must a beautiful night. Many different theme nights at the main restaurant VNK I love them all. Our grandkids have the time of their lives at the pool or snorkeling with all the young couples that come with us. We also make sure we do a bit of dancing at vakavanua great cocktails and lots of fun. The staff are the highlight of our trips we love each and everyone their like family. I can't fault the outrigger I just love it there is plenty to do, activities, pampering yourself or day trips you just have to decide what you feel like doing on the day. I will be back there soon as it's my home away from home. Big thankyou to Jason see u for cocktails at sunset! Vinaka from the Gold Coast crew.

Room Tip: its bliss staying in the bures on the beach
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Gai B
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Bula Vinaka Gai,

As always, it was great to have you back and the lots of laughs that we have each and every time you stay with us.

As we always say, "our staff are what sets Outrigger apart" and you would know this better than anyone. They really are an amazing team of hospitality professionals that strive to deliver a hotel experience that guests will remember and return for. A tip for other travelers, as Gai has mentioned our Beach Front Bures really are something special. Just make sure you book well in advance. There are only 7 of these! Gai, cannot wait to enjoy cocktails at sunset with you when you next return.

Kind Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We have just returned from our 11 days in Fiji with 6 nights spent at the outrigger. I wish we spent longer. The service was as good as you can get. The number of staff on hand made every member of the family feel VIP. It exceeded all our expectations and then some.

A few great features of the resort are its; large pool, great food, friendly staff with great pride in what they do, large enough to find your own quiet place to chill out and last but not least the great kids club and nanny minding service.

Look forward to sharing this amazing place with friends and family on our next trip.

Big thank you to Peter, Jason, Russell and Una for making us feel so special. Keep up the good work.

Richie

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Richie S
Dear Richie S,

Thank you for choosing Outrigger for your holiday and taking the time to review your experience on trip advisor.

The team and myself are delighted that your expectations were exceeded and that you and your family all felt special. We really do strive to take care of the little things to ensure that our guests leave relaxed and re-charged. We cannot wait to welcome you back to the shores of Fiji and our resort - by the sounds of it, it will be for a little longer next time!

Warm Coral Coast Regards,

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

BULA!!!!!!Myself and my husband stayed here for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it, people are beautiful, food beautiful the resort is absolutely stunning! We cannot wait to come back next yr for anniversary! Thank you so much to the outrigger and the stuff for making our honeymoon enjoyable and a trip to always remember

Cheers,
Samantha and Benjamin

• Stayed March 2012
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Bula Samantha B

Congratulations on your recent wedding and a huge Vinaka for your fantastic review! It is certainly delightful and inspiring to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us at Outrigger on the Lagoon∙Fiji. We look forward to welcoming you back, for your 1st wedding anniversary!

Vinaka and kind regards
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We loved staying at Outrigger on the lagoon. The facilites were great but by far what made the holiday so memorable and enjoyable was the wonderful friendly, staff and the fantastic service! We would like to particulary mention our terrific talai butlers, Zak and Aseri, our friendly cleanning lady Anna. From our favouroute restaurant the Baravi Bar we were looked after briliantly by Sala, Kas, Lewaseni, Gerry and Iveri. We absolutley loved hearing the traditional Fijian music and our favourite serendaders were Manoa, Joji and Tabua who we followed around the resort to listen to. Thankyou all for making our holiday so wonderful. You guys are the best and we will never forget you! We are already planning our next holiday at the Outrigger and cant wait to see everyone again. We have heard about the recent weather events and we hope you and your families are all safe. Best Wishes, Steve and Shooksie :) xo

Room Tip: We stayed in an Ocean Breeze Bure and it was marvellous. It was a nice quiet area and so close to al...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shukran A
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Bula Vinaka Shakran,

Thank you for your recent review as well as your well wishes on the weather situation that has battered the west of Fiji over the past couple of days. I guess on the up side, the weather has eased and the forecast is for a sunny back end of the week and Easter long weekend. Business is per usual. I am pleased to report the resort continued full services and suffered no damage through the recent flooding. Our thoughts are with Nadi and some of the low lying villages that are not as fortunate.

I am so please to read that you experienced the great warmth and friendliness of our team and I will be sure to pass your comments onto each of them specifically mentioned. We can’t wait to welcome you back to your Fijian home!

Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A great place to stay, plenty to do but is a quite a distance from the airport

Room Tip: Get a meal plan its great value
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
JasonZvatoraFiji, Manager at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Jace1979,

Thank you for the brief review on your recent stay!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found plenty to keep you entertained. As intimated, the trip is just over a hour from the airport. Most our guests really enjoy the drive and seeing additional aspects of Fiji on the way to the resort.

Vinaka and Warm Coral Coast Regards
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The title says it all I think, but I would like to add a few things (maybe more) to that.

My husband, myself and my 2 boys aged 10 and 31/2 have just come back from the most wonderful family holiday we have ever taken..We spent 10 nights in the basic superior room and they are just lovely. We could still see the ocean over the top of the trees where we were. We did not receive the butler service but were treated just as lovely by all the housekeeping staff, and quite honestly I don't know where we would have fitted the canapes and champagne every afternoon, we were that stuffed full of food everyday!!

The food was delightful! We purchased the meal vouchers and my goodness, I have never eaten so much in my life (thus the diet when we got home), but also the quality of the food we had was fantastic. There was not a day that went by that we both didn't comment on how great the food was.
Sundowner - The garlic bread here is amazing, never will I eat garlic bread that compares to here, the roasted garlic on the side that you crush and spread on yourself - YUM!
The pizzas here are to die for also, we tried all of them and my husband loved the prawn pizza the best. We dined here a few times, with and without the children which was nice.

The Ivy - We were lucky enough to dine here one night, and wow!! The food here was divine! The staff at the Ivy are lovely too, they made the whole experience so beautiful and intimate for us which is nice when you have kids and don't get to go out very often. Thankyou..

Baravi - We dined here both lunch and dinner and every time the food was delicious, dinner is more asian inspired, the hoisin pork chops were delicious.

VNK - We had the buffet breakfast here every morning, the best part for me as with other reviews I have read on here was the bircher muesli, I added fresh dates and their coconut and cinnamon sprinkle - YUM! My 2 sons loved the fact that they could have waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, even croissants covered in chocolate for breakfast every morning. My 10 year old loved the smoothie shots, as did we, and the fresh juice station, the pineapple and ginger juice was an awesome start to the day. My littlest one was taken care of too, as he is lactose intolerant, one of the staff was only too happy to go and get some soy milk for him which was great.

Takia on the go - this was great for sandwiches and wraps, my hubby loved the prawn wrap and my favourite was the chicken and camembert club sandwich.

Now away from the food, we enjoyed kayaking, swimming, snorkeling (there are some lovely fish and starfish just out the front of the resort, my husband and I enjoyed just paddling about in here for hours at a time - very relaxing), we did the reef walk with the kids, although I would not go with a little one again, it's a little hard going with the uneven coral so I ended up carrying my 3 1/2 year old, lol, as you can imagine my arm was sooo sore the next day!! The reef walk was very educational though and I really enjoyed it.

My husband and I got to spend some time away from the kids which was great!! (love my kids....but...) We had a mei mei nanny for 4 days and she did the most wonderful job with them. My 31/2 year old and 10 year old loved this!! Thank you Nuimai you really made our holiday a special one by taking care of these 2 for us. My boys got to go to the eco park with kids club, did frog racing, crab racing, made necklaces, tye dyed shirts, got to participate in the torch lighting ceremony and learnt words and some fijian culture and made a lot of new friends which was great. This is something that they will both remember for life I'm sure.

We bought a lot of jewellery and souvenirs from the village ladies around the resort, just a word of advice though if ordering carvings with your names in them, make sure you order these in advance as we had done this but collected our family carving the night before leaving and the man wrapped it up for us with the certificate to say it was treated. When we got it home and examined it, it was actually someone elses before ours and the man that carved it had just scratched off their names and put ours on it, so although it has our names on it, if you look closely you can see that there was someone elses name on it before ours. This was really dissapointing especially when we had paid good money for an original!!

My husband and I were also lucky enough to enjoy the bebe spa. We went up there for a 'romantic discovery' and this was AMAZING!! We had a leg and foot scrub, then hopped into the milk bath where we ate chic dipped fruit and drank champagne, then we both enjoyed and hour long massage each, it was complete BLISS!!!! I would definately recomend this to anyone.

The people are what make this place truly special. Every one there gives you the most genuine Bula as you walk by and it's a lovely thing.

I would just like to mention a few people who went that extra mile for us while we were there and made us feel so very welcome.

Thank you to Saisi, one of the porters, he was our very first contact with Outrigger when we arrived and he was wonderful, he gave us welcoming drinks, cool towels and took care of our bags until our room was ready, Every time we saw him after that he would always stop to ask how we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything that we needed.

Thank you to Nuimai, as I have mentioned earlier, she was our boys mei mei nanny and she did a wonderful job, thank you for giving us a well deserved break and for giving our boys a very memorable holiday!

Thank you to Terowa at the Sundowner for entertaining us with your beautiful music. You are truly gifted and should be singing concerts, you have the voice of an angel, you rock!!
Isa Lei on the last night that you, George and the ladies sang for us had me in tears I really didn't want to come home.

Thank you to George (Kinijoji) at the Sundowner!! You made our nights there with and without the kids an absolute pleasure. You truly are the essence of what Fiji is all about, you are so friendly and genuinly lovely...Thank you!!!!

Thank you Outrigger for a really memorable first time overseas family holiday, we will be back and we have already started planning to be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Although the rooms are big enough to accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids, I think we would get interconn...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jodie S
Bula Jodie S,

Vinaka for your extensive review and kind comments on your recent stay at Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji! Where to start with such an extensive review? Your comments on our Restaurants have left my mouth watering and tummy grumbling! The quality and diversity of our outlets is really the key reason why we are known to have the best food and beverage operations in Fiji. It is also fantastic to read that you took advantage of our Meimei service and that you and your husband had the chance to experience some together time in our Bebe Spa and Ivi Restaurant. Both a must do for all guests!

I can fully appreciate your disappointment the wood carving. I will personally follow-up with the local wood carver as this is unacceptable. Please email me directly and I will ensure that the carving is re-done and posted to you (rm@outriggerfiji.com.fj).

Lastly, thank you for your kind comments on our team. I will ensure that each of them receive your feedback and are recognized through our employee recognition system. We can’t wait to welcome you back the shores of Fiji and our resort.

Warm Coral Coast Regards,
Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,018 reviews
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort? Share your experiences!