“Loved it”

Diveaway Fiji
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Sigatoka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Coral Coast's only PADI 5 Star Dive Resort and proud partners of Tourism Fiji. With bases at both award winning resorts - The Hideaway Resort and Spa and the 5 Star Outrigger Fiji Beach Hotel Fiji, the intimate Bedarra Beach Inn and the New Crow's Nest. Diveaway Fiji is the first choice when staying on the stunning Coral Coast of the main island - Viti Levu. We offer free pool lessons daily (except Sundays) to try Scuba Diving for the first time. Just 90 minutes from Nadi (and it is worth the travel), you will be amazed at the variety of diving just minutes from shore. Free transfers from other local resorts also available, including The Warwick, Naviti, and all Maui Bay and Korotoga accommodation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

As my husband hates even the idea of diving it's something I have to do on my own, I'm also a very nervous diver. Within seconds of me being in the car, Catherine and I were chatting all the way to The Hideaway and I was instantly put at ease. Also as a bigger girl it is often embarrassing to ask for a bigger weight belt or wet suit but I didn't feel that here. I went on 2 totally different dives and loved both of them - even doing my first swim through on the big foot dive. My only negative (and it's being picky) would be that log book info wasn't automatically given out I had to go grab the dive master before I left to get the info. This is as more my forgetfulness than anything but wanted to provide helpful feedback. I will definitely be recommending Diveaway to family and friends. I loved my morning with them. Thank you again.

Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write, Laura and thanks for the logbook feedback - I'll definitely take that on board. I wish i could take credit for the dive conditions, they were pretty spectacular when you were here and they have continued - you should have stayed here in Fiji a bit longer - 50m visibility yesterday! We are lucky here to have dive sites so close, as it allows for divers like us that have non-diving partners, so our diving is a half day activity. The only down side to that is our partners have to put up with us raving all afternoon about the diving. Please come back soon.

Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wananavu (Awesome)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Diveaway Fiji, it’s operators – Gary and Catherine and their staff, and in particular my PADI Instructor – Hope, displayed a level of professionalism and friendliness that I have rarely seen. The course was organised via e-mail many months in advance of our trip and the advice and guidance provided by Gary and Catherine as well as their follow-up correspondence ensured a hassle free transition into the training upon my arrival. The advice to utilise the PADI e-learning component was particularly appreciated given the time it saved upon my arrival as well as explaining the ‘grey areas’ and unknowns associated with scuba prior to the course. Gary also provided advice and assistance with regard to the medical questionnaire and doctors approval that I was required to obtain prior to training and certification. The friendliness and open nature of their staff (especially Alfie and Ma) and the assistance they provide to any student encourages the learner to ask and enquire about procedure and principles contributing greatly to the learning experience and the general knowledge of the student. The knowledge and patience displayed by my instructor inspired confidence in myself and made the course a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

The dive sites visited during my course and my first certified dive were great and offered plenty of visual stimulation without overwhelming the first time diver. Within 10 mins of entering the water on my first open water dive, I was able to tick off "see a shark in it's own environment" from my bucket list. Add to this the turtles, other abundant fish life and acres of coral that I experienced and the Diveaway team soon had a convert on their hands. One of the fondest memories of my first overseas trip will be the sight of "The Edge" in the sunlight.

I don’t think I can recommend Diveaway Fiji highly enough.

Vinaka Vakalevu guys,

Ron "Dave" Lancaster.

Visited September 2013
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Talk about a long time in the planning, Dave. When you come back for your Advanced course, we'll get Nellie in the water with us. We had a ball and never a dull moment, eh? Your were an absolute delight and fitted in VERY well when it came time to play a few jokes on the Activities staff. Thanks for the kind words and please don't be a stranger. Thanks Nellie for giving us the opportunity to hang out with Dave. The planning was definitely worth it!
long beach, california
“Looking for awesome diving, you found it right HERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our first time to Fiji and a well overdue honeymoon(11 yrs), We found them thru our resort and were talking to them via email before we went and they put us at ease re: our diving when we got there!! Boy did they ever, these class act people and divers gave us the experience of a lifetime and we will never forget!! Thank you for making our wait for a honeymoon and dive trip one we will never forget. we tell all our fellow divers if they go they MUST dive with you guys!

Thanks and our love to u

Sheldon & Trisha Jones

Visited March 2013
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks Trisha. Ma sends her love right back to you both. It's always nice when divers start out as guests and leave as part of the Diveaway family. You guys definitely fit that mould. It must almost be time for a second honeymoon/dive trip? We look forward to seeing you guys back here to your Fiji home at Diveaway.
Geelong, Australia
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“The Turtle Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my 3rd experience with Diveaway and they really know how to look after both the experienced and inexperienced diver. This trip I saw amazing coral, colourful fish and the top of my wish list - Turtles. Thank you. I will return soon

Visited August 2013
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We had some pretty good dives, eh Wayne. Never a dull moment around here, both in and out of the water! You'll have to stay a bit longer when you come back, as we'll have the new boat in the water soon and together we can go and find some new dive sites. Thanks for the kind words.
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic experience, amazing staff, we saw amazing fish life including turtles! Wow. A must do on your trip to Fiji!

Visited August 2013
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks Cally for the lovely response. You guys seem to attract the turtles for us. The opening from Tagaqe Passage has always been quite a haven for them, and the White Tip Sharks seem to like sharing the bottom of the pass with the stingrays. We look forward to diving with you again soon.