“sharks and turtles, turtles and sharks”
Review of Diveaway Fiji

Diveaway Fiji
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Sigatoka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Coral Coast's only PADI 5 Star Dive Resort and proud partners of Tourism Fiji. With bases at both award winning resorts - The Hideaway Resort and Spa and the 5 Star Outrigger Fiji Beach Hotel Fiji, the intimate Bedarra Beach Inn and the New Crow's Nest. Diveaway Fiji is the first choice when staying on the stunning Coral Coast of the main island - Viti Levu. We offer free pool lessons daily (except Sundays) to try Scuba Diving for the first time. Just 90 minutes from Nadi (and it is worth the travel), you will be amazed at the variety of diving just minutes from shore. Free transfers from other local resorts also available, including The Warwick, Naviti, and all Maui Bay and Korotoga accommodation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Beijing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sharks and turtles, turtles and sharks”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Over 2 weeks, I did 12 dives. Every one of them was beautiful (even the ones without any sharks or turtles). All the staff were really friendly and patient, and the number of divers was always small. I really hope I get the chance to go back.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank HM_130
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you HM_130 for taking the time to right your kind review. Hope to see you back again soon.

Hayden, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Diveaway Fiji is a must!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I decided to honeymoon in Fiji since it is cold and snowy in Idaho in the winter. So we wanted something warm and tropical. We showed up to go scuba diving one day because it had been a dream for my wife and I to try it one day. We show up one day, and meet Gary. He is the shop owner and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He got us settled and actually helped us save our honeymoon from the cyclone that had hit just before we got there. So we went on one dive and LOVED it. The staff there at Diveaway Fiji was top notch and definitely somewhere I have already suggested to other friends who are planning on going to Fiji. The whole staff was amazing and did everything they could to accommodate us in every way possible.

Visited December 2012
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Bula, Hayden. Back to the cold of Idaho I see! When are you coming back? We had a great time diving with you. So much for trying the pool only. Now that you are certified (or certifiable because you did your course with us), you need to come back to where it all began - here in beautiful Fiji. Hope all is good and please keep in touch.
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful, safe and relaxed dives”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Did a couple of dives with Diveaway, inlcuding one with my friend who had never dived before. She was able to do a pool lesson and then a 'discovery dive' which I went on with her - I also did a second dive. The dive master was professional, friendly and informative. The dives was safe and enjoyable for all involved. Tessa felt safe, informed and comfortable on her first dive due to the care and consideration the dive master had for her in the pool and before / during / after her dive - such an important thing for somebody who has never experienced diving before.

Visited November 2012
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks Sammy. We are not in this business to turn over clients. We love to dive, we love to show people our underwater paradise. This is why people learn to dive - to see what us experienced divers are still seeing for the first time. We are so happy that we could share this with both of you. Hope to see you again here soon.
Greater Melbourne, Australia
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“We saw some great stuff”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The coral coast has a problem - there are not too many safe exits through the very close fringing reef. As such diving spots can be a distance away from your accommodation, and when you're there, very close by. The diving from Outrigger is via a reef exit near Hideaway resort, and the same dive team cover both resorts. We had a Discover Scuba Diver with us, and as such this constrained our dive. Chris the instructor handled 2 qualified divers and a newby rather well. Our dive site was shallow, but had lots for a manic photographer (me). Once our newby had had finished her dive, Chris returned to us and we ended up with a 68 minute dive. Then, after a short surface interval we were off to the outer reef. The currents and surge made this an interesting dive, and we came back on the edge of deco time. As dive operations go, Diveaway is reasonably run, the dive area has unique constraints (reef etc), and runs smaller boats and multiple trips to get divers to sites. All the sites are close together and easily monitored by the boat captain, so this works. While we got a good dive brief, the boat brief was a bit skimpy, but as we weren't in the boat for more than 5 minutes, this was understandable. I'd like to return when the southerly winds are not blowing and I can get to enjoy the diving with less surge and better visibility.

Visited May 2012
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to reply, ScubalOver. We have changed Instructors since you were here last and upgraded alot of the gear. All of our staff are now Fijians. We have also found a few new dive sites so your next visit will be a new adventure. We also now keep the DSD's separate from the certified divers whenever possible to maximise bottom time for the experienced divers. Hope to see you back again soon.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“2012 diving Fanny Hill”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

What a great bunch of people that form Diveaway,Chris and Vicky and all the dive team took me to some good locations but the one that got me was Fanny Hill that only i and a DM did that is where we saw the Sail Fish !!! Bordello and the edge where good sites as well and cant wait to get back there again ,they also did it all from washing my gear ,storing it till the next dive and all i had to do was put my shorty on !! I will be back next year with a team of divers and this is one crew that i will use :-)

Visited May 2012
Diveaway, Owner at Diveaway Fiji, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks for the review, Stephen W. You need to come back and dive Gun Barrel and the double swim thru's of Bigfoot. BTW. The sharks are still hanging around Fanny Hill and we now have a very large resident Loggerhead Turtle that has become quite a show-off. Hope to see you back again soon.