“Best Course in Fiji by Far!!”

Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course
Reviewed September 5, 2012

As an avid golfer, this course is the best in Fiji hands down! The views are amazing and yes it is very challenging. The 6th hole is my favourite and seeing the horses swimming along the 4th hole is also spectacular!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm getting old and my body is falling to bits, so I wasn't able to play yesterday. We drove an hour down from the Sofitel at Denarau because my son loves golf (yes, he has grand ambitions) and we'd been told that Natadola Bay was excellent.

It's a pretty new course, I think maybe three years old (?) and I think designed by Vijay Singh. Who has just jumped in my estimation. He and God have combined to create something very special - God (or Mother Nature) providing the palette, Vijay creating the masterpiece.

It was a classic tropical day, with a pretty steady 20 knot sea breeze, not a cloud in the sky, an uncrowded golf course in impeccable condition - what's not to love?

Harry's 15, has been playing for 18 months, can hit the ball a long way, but we didn't know exactly how far until he nailed a couple down wind yesterday. Answer: 360 metres on a par four, 338 metres on a par five. A drive and a seven iron, for God's sake, two metres past the pin.

Anyway, enough proud Dad stuff.

Natadola Bay is designed for carts. Don't even think about not using one. There were four of us, Harry was the only one playing, we paid the extra F$40 for the second cart - not that we were given an option - they knew the course better than we did.

So why is it good? First, it is in exceptional condition. Second, it is unbelievably picturesque. Third, it is designed so that you have to think about every shot. Yes, I've heard that before, but never seen it to this extent.

In some ways it's like a links course, particularly in having to think your way round it. I've played St Andrews - not the Old Course, the one next to it - and I remember thinking through every shot. And I actually hit a couple just like I wanted to, so it was a great day. Natadola is like that. Obviously, as some was downwind, there were holes upwind, and crosswind. But there were also holes hugely downhill, and uphill.

And, oh so beautiful. It's like driving in the south island of New Zealand - go around a corner and there's another bloody picture postcard view.

Now I'm trying to get my joints working again so I can be humbled by this magnificent course.

1  Thank NeilInOz51
Reviewed September 1, 2012

this golf course is one of the most stunning you could play in the world for location. i am a pretty handy golfer but still went through some balls. pro shop is expensive so take plenty with you or buy them from the locals along the 4th hole who sell them almost new for $1 a ball!. Lunch afterwards in restaurant was pretty good too.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am not a avid player of golf but I did play a round here, what an amazing breathtaking course.. The course is surrounded by beach. Wish this helped my game!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This golf course is newly in Fiji. The course is very tough, you have to hit top on the hill to vally and over the pond. Maybe you loose a lot of balls. However, the view is so nice. This is the resort golf. Have fun.

1  Thank Tomashi