“Overnight guest at large wedding”

Spa InterContinental
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape from the everyday demands of life and transport yourself to another realm with Spa InterContinental. Feel first hand the unique character and spirit of the island, returning home relaxed and re-energised.WAI ZONEThe Spa features a Wai Zone, Fijian for water, the essence of life, this pre and post treatment area offers aqua-therapy with water in all three states - gas, liquid and solid.
NADI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Overnight guest at large wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent service, creative menu and obviously perfect beach. Rooms are huge and have some unique features and the resort managed to cater for two large groups at the same time.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Couples massage a must!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I came for a quick rejuvenation to The Intercontinental and the couples spa treatment we had added to our trip.My husband has not been to many spas(unlike his wife) and was a little nervous but has been raving about the treatment ever since he had it.Fabulous ambience as always and the therapists were professional and very experienced.I know my days of going to the spa alone are over.!!!

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Relaxing, different, just awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

First and for most, my wife and I when we travel, we always focus on the SPA treatments. This time we were at the Intercontinental for 10 days. Within this time we had 5 treatments each. Each treatment, the staff were absolutely amazing with their professionalism, poise, soft demeanour, and at tentativeness to detail. When arriving, please give yourself 30 minutes prior to take advantage of their special "zone" which start off with a 5 min rain water shower, then steam room, then a dip in the tranquil spa which was filled with minerals, and finally a cold room. The cold room we found to be the most "interesting" as this cools the body off before your treatment. You basically jump from the hot spring to a very cold room kept at 16c and run through the shower (allowing 10-15 seconds).

We started off with the couples treatment which involved a mineral wrap, facial and 90 minute massage totalling 150 minutes. The next 4 massages consisted of a remedial message and in-between a super relaxing massage and an energising massage. Each and every time the music was just right, room temperature perfect, and asked each time wether you wanted to know the preference of a brighter or darker ambience. The service was consistent throughout the staff, so well done.

All these treatments and massages were a great value for money against the AUD/US currency and are explained very well in their brochure we picked up as SOON as we arrived and pre-booked them all up front, each starting at 11:15am (so 10:45 arrival). This way we seemed to get into time-slots where there was a little less "traffic of people" in the AM.

All and all, a wonderful experience, in such an isolated resort on the main island of Fiji.

Visited March 2013
GM_Scott_Williams, General Manager at Spa InterContinental, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Bula Vinaka gwwaus,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Spa InterContinental. I was delighted to read you had such a wonderful time at Spa InterContinental and you and your wife had the opportunity to indulge in some rejuvenating treatments while you were with us. We certainly appreciate your positive feedback and recommendation of the Nomudrau (together) couples’ romance ritual.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spa InterContinental in the near future for another relaxing spa journey! Please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to book your next holiday and I will ensure our team takes great care of you.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Try it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Massage was amazing ~ the best I've received at any resort! Pedicure was nice, but nothing special. Unfortunately the sauna was not working :(

Bula Vinaka indydiscountdiva,

Thank you for your review and lovely compliment of Spa InterContinental. I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your massage, though I regret you didn’t have the opportunity to experience the wonderful effects of utilizing the Wai zone while you were with us. We will have to ensure you experience this with your next treatment!

We appreciate your feedback to enhance our services and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our spa team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores in the near future. Do email me at scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure our team takes great care of you.

Poplar Bluff, Missouri
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

They have a room where you can go in a steam room (best I've ever been in), hot tub and end with an ice rub. This was very relaxing before a massage. I have had several massages and this was different. It was very similar to the massage I had in Hawaii because she used her elbows and forearms a lot but she would pound and cup her hands to make a drumming sound on my muscles. She worked every part of the body and worked out tension in my feet and hands. My body was so soft afterward. I would definitely go here again and again.

Visited February 2013
Bula Vinaka gardeningteacher,

Thank you for taking the time to review Spa InterContinental. I was glad to read you thoroughly enjoyed your massage treatment and that you left our care feeling truly relaxed and rejuvenated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores in the near future. Do email me at scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure our fantastic team takes great care of you.