“A nice holiday with my dad”

de Vos The Private Residence
Tauranga, New Zealand
“A nice holiday with my dad”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Spent 5 nights at De Vos with my Dad. We had a rental car which was awesome for getting out and about- unlike other people who have reviewed we didnt have any problem finding De Vos, it's really close to other big busy hotels on the coral coast so there was the option of going there for dinner, shows etc. Had a really nice time, went kayaking, horse riding along the beach and even fed the sharks right outside our front door! The staff at De Vos were wonderful, very helpful and friendly.

Just a side note-the only reason this review doesn't give 5/5 is due to the slack communication from Anne Marie and Paddy before we left. It took a number of times emailing before we received replies. It can be quite disconcerting when you don't receive a reply to questions you ask about what is included, sleeping arrangements etc. Just made me a bit nervous when paying in advance for accommodation and never have been to Fiji before!

Room Tip: Stayed In the coral view bure, nice location, would recommend it!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank WorldTravellerNZ
annemarei1, Owner at de Vos The Private Residence, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Bu;a
I am glad and very happy as are the satff that we catered for your needs. We are as you say only minutes away from large resorts that have night shows available always welcoming to guest to come in and enjoy
horseriding not my thing but everyone loves it and Tomasi is local just trying to get a business going so he has done so well over last 2 year all reveiws are great
I 100% agree the staff are the best friendly accommodating would do anyhting for you so just ask
then we have the communication you recommened you would of like to have more communicaton between myself and you I take total responsilbility I would like to list of reasons why which dont actually solve the problem for you
from running to hotels trying to meet guest in both places which are 2 hours apart
and running both hotels to answering all the amrketing campaigns I keep coming up with but at the end of the day you are right and I need to delegate some work so all communications are fast I appreciate your comment and I know you are right so I will put myself on a mission to delegate some of these areas thankyou and vinaka vaka levu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2012

It was hard to find this hotel. If you google the location of this place, you can see it is in the middle of jungle. Actually it is located near beach.
If you want to get there by bus, please tell the driver to drop you off at "Maui Bay"(The long white wall with Maui Bay sign).The person who was in charge told me every bus driver knows the hotel, it will take 5 mins on foot. But in reality it was not. There is no sign saying "De Vos" at the entrance and even locals didn't know where it is!!! " On their homepage, there are no directions to the place. I think it would be nice if there were directions by bus or car with correct address and on Goggle maps.
I stayed at Mango room which is located on 1st level above the kitchen. The view was good but, it has been unoccupied for so long due as I could see a lots of dirt and dust. There was no kettle nor coffee or tea. But there was little fridge which is too nasty to put any food in. I saw the cleaning ladies tidy up my room on my 2nd day stay. I think she cleaned my room the best she could. I think in their culture, it was not necessary to mop the table and other things. I was just feeling bad as there should be a manager who checks cleaner`s cleaning as it looks like nothing has been checked for ages. (please see my attached photos about what I am saying).
On my second day, the water didn't run, I had to wait for some time until it came out of the tap. (please see attached a videoclip)
The swimming pool looks good but it is not properly maintained all they do is clean the leaves and top up the water. Also the spa was not working. I tried to find the spa button to operate it but couldn't. Then I realised spa was out of order.
When I booked this hotel for two nights the complimentary continental breakfast was included.
However the free food look so poor. It was mainly because the owner doesn't care what kind of food will be serviced with that poor budget. (please see the photo attached ).
Also the Internet was down, I couldn`t keep in touch with my family. (from Friday to Sunday, we all had no internet and the staffs recommended me to go to another hotel nearby to use Wi-Fi)
Even though the hotel facility was very disappointing and needed some serious maintenance. I would be so furious if I had to pay the normal price of $200 but due to a special deal I only paid $79.

There are a few things I want the management to improve:

1) Instruct cleaners how to mop the bedside table and empty drawers (the cleaner seems to have no idea how to clean the room)

2) Please take care of inside of fridge . It was all mouldy

3) Fix up swimming pool and spa. I brought my waterproof camcorder and took a record of water in the pool, it was just blurry, which means dirty. Spa should be fixed up otherwise it needs to be removed from the facility.

4) Please increase your budget for breakfast. There was bread, four slices of avocado, six slices of fruit, milk, jam and butter had to be shared, cereal, no honey (just sugar) as well as only apple juice or powder coffee to drink.
This continental breakfast menu is worse than any other backpackers which serve free breakfast as well.

5) Please advise how to get to your hotel by bus and kindly correct the address of your hotel and change the location on goggle map

6) Please put a little sign and paint saying this is "De Vos", people will put your sign on Facebook and eventually it will attract more customers

Room Tip: Mango room -Upstairs of main building
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
13 Thank Yangju L
annemarei1, Owner at de Vos The Private Residence, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Bula
Thankyou for the time to write a reveiw we appreciate all feedback and are better able to advise guest that our place is suitable or not depending on requirements

your comments that it was hard to find this hotel. If you google the location of this place, you can see it is in the middle of jungle. Actually it is located near beach.

Yes it is on the beach we are very careful to put this in all websites and advertising that we are on the beach you can hear waves all night and only one minute to water . we will reveiw all advertising and make sure this is very clear.
Maui Bay Estate is a large estate and does go back in hills and we apologise if we give the impression it is not on the beach. Perhaps a few more photos will highlight this.
It is not normal to have problems finding us as we normally always recommend you catching tourism transport or private transfer the road can be percaroius and a long journey if you have not travelled before in Fiji

Also you stated If you want to get there by bus.please tell the driver to drop you off at Maui Bay (The long white wall with Maui Bay sign).The person who was in charge told me every bus driver knows the hotel, it will take 5 mins on foot. But in reality it was not. There is no sign saying "De Vos" at the entrance and even locals didn't know where it is!!! " On their homepage, there are no directions to the place. I think it would be nice if there were directions by bus or car with correct address and on Goggle maps.

The person on charge that spoke with you was me I did advise you that the tourism transport and transfers all know exactly where we are. I never and would not reccommend you catching local bus reason being is that they dont go to the airport so you have to get with your luggage to main road then make your way . If you have not been there before can be long and worrisome. Then you can face the challenge they often mistake accents and Maui Bay can end up Momi bay some interesting combinations I have found anyone travelling by hire car or local transport of hitching will always have a problem and end up with a reveiw in the same manner.

The reason we dont put directions on web page as we dont encourage this method of travel and our normal market is not backpackers or flash packers but the discerning traveller. The last thing we want is guest who get lost that arrive agitated and upset or worried this can ruin someones holiday and reflect right through.
So I still strongly recommend licences tourism transport from airport or tourism transfers
we do not have an individual sign as we advertise private tranquil serene as soon as a sign goes out you end up with lots sight seers and peole walking through it is not public it is not open to public and we are very careful to maintain everyones privacy

You mentioned you stayed at Mango room which is located on 1st level above the kitchen. The view was good but, it has been unoccupied for so long due as I could see a lots of dirt and dust. There was no kettle nor coffee or tea. But there was little fridge which is too nasty to put any food in. I saw the cleaning ladies tidy up my room on my 2nd day stay. I think she cleaned my room the best she could. I think in their culture, it was not necessary to mop the table and other things. I was just feeling bad as there should be a manager who checks cleaner`s cleaning as it looks like nothing has been checked for ages.

The Mango room is always popular and always booked out this room in the last 12 weeks has had 5 empty days for spring clean that is all so well occupied. The manager on arrival Alisi ask you about Tea/Coffee you advised you dont drink it? maybe there has been an misunderstanding here. There is nothing wrong with there culture and they are very clean people. The girls are very thorough at cleaning and the manager checks all arrival rooms not necessaril;y daily servicing. But thankyou for this point I will advise her that it might pay to do some random checks on daily servicing as well in case they skipping on something. It was a little difficult to see in your photos but I have been back in since and recheck rooms. You mention second day so perhaps this was a miss on this day the other days I am presuming you were happy.

also that the The Mango room was on the top of the kitchen and it was very noisy at night because of guests. If you would like to unwind, Mango room would not be a good choice due to the loud noise especially when guests are enjoying drinking. There were 4 Mango rooms. Only one was occupied by me and others by staffs.

This is not normally a problem as most people stay up till at least 9 o clock and normally most people get along with each other
Yes most people have a few drinks around dinner time and a little I wish we had of known this was an issue for you you could of had one of the back rooms one was empty.We do try and encourage all guest to let us know that it is no problem if they have a problem just advise us and we will try and solve so there holdiay is enjoyable.
I am not sure what you meaqn by staffs the two indian girls were from Australia and guests? I am not sure what you mean by this comment staffswe do have one room where the hotel manaegr stays on the premises at all times

you mentioned On my second day, the water didn't run, I had to wait for some time until it came out of the tap.

Yes we have had few power cuts lately and it did take 20 minutes for the generator to kick my fault totally which other guests found amusing but I thought there a problem with water pump I had not realise the power had gone out so yes took 20 minutes and you and another lady were not happy about this can I can only apologise. I should of known it was the power.

The pool you refer to as the spa is a plunge pool it has no button and is not broken it is part of main pool?
It is a cool plunge for when too hot in main pool there is a sign on wall in regard to this?
yes the pool is raked daily and topped daily due to hot weather being a large pool thats why it is so clean. I am not sure what you expected to see the maintenance boys doing It s a salt water pool we do add a little chlorine in hotweather and it has self cleaning system as well. It was extremely clean so I am not sure what you expected to see them doing and actually they are not suppose to be doing any leaves or skimming while anyone near the pool either. In theory you should never see them doing any cleaning

You mentiuoned that when you booked this hotel for two nights the complimentary continental breakfast was included.

The free food that was out for you as all other guests had eaten a lot earlier as in photos you can see includes:
tea/coffee choice 3 juices, toast ,condiments, fresh fuit ,and fruit salad, homemade breads muffins,3 choose cereal personally I thoughth that that was alot of food for one person I would appreciate more feedback to tell what you would expect on continental?
the internet was down while on generator and the system they suggested you use was the vodaphone stick which can be send on our premsies and if you needed more money we would have to go to local large resort as it is closer for top up. But the power did come back on same day?
I am not sure what you mean by I dont care what food served I am very particular I am not sure what I said that gave you that idea?

I am glad you found that The best things was that the staff were very nice and did their best to prepare food and flower decorations. (I would like to give 100 score for the staff who were kind and nice and always provided good service). All the locals were employed. I do not know how much they earn hourly from the hotel but this hotel should be their main income to live on.
I hope they still stay there and make guests happy as I got a good impression from them."

They are excellent satff and yes this is there main income and not sure why they would discuss there income with you but they are always nice they do work hard and 95% of guest always rave about their food and service .They were disapointed with some of your comments as Alisi spent so much time with you as you were on your own and is sad she was not able to let you know you could of discussed any of these things above with her

You suggested that there are a few things I want the management to improve:

We dont mop the bedside tables but wipe over and furniture clean coconut oil
the brochures in the drawer I have advised that better to leave on top in case gives wrong impression thanks for that

2) Please take care of inside of fridge . It was all mouldy
It was not when I check and it ahs been sued coniually but everyone has taken note if this and keeping an eye thankyou for this

The pool is spotlessy clean and checked daily that was not the spa that was the plunge pool we will place the sign in a clearer place and also on oreintation make more emphasis on this thankyou for that

You were advised this was for you not to share as everyone else had gone out finished on there day trips I heard Alisis seeing if you wanted anything else and there was coffee brewed in kitchen. we have plenty fruits in garden and on bowls, varieties cereal jams juices we dont nromally do honey but if you ahd of requested it the girls would pr provided it thats why they asked you. Yes I had the feeling you thougth you were coming to a back packers we are not a backpackers that why we generally dont have a problem with direction or transport . AS one of Staff have pointed any bad reveiws or complaints are always from guest who have travelled by hire car or other modes of transport than tourism transport. Frazzzled when they arrive and never quite get over it-everything becomes a problem
Sorry we cant put sign out I need to maintain privacy for guests

So I very much apprecaited all your comments and I hope I fully discussed and rectified as many as possible I strongly recommend that backpackers or single people not wanting to mix the premises is not suitable
Suva, Fiji
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This was my third trip to stay here in less than a year. Once again De Vos thoroughly exceeded my expectations. One again we were treated to lovely Kiwi hospitality in a beautiful setting on the Coral Coast. What makes De Vos special and unique is that its not a run of the mill large resort that is over run with tourists. It has a small number of beautifully appointed bures and lots of privacy. But it does have all you would expect for a high quality resort. The enormous pool is always seriously tempting in between eating! My favorite thing is getting up late to be greeted by Pinki's poached eggs for breakfast on the deck of my bure with a spectacular view of the sea. My idea of perfection. Any expats living in Suva looking for the ideal break from the daily grind - this is the best weekend break you can get (and less than 2 hours by car)!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FijiAnnie

Bula
Thanks again for your great reveiw and you are always a pleasure to have the staff are getting quite fond of you and your friends. Youare our ideal guest.
Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
wellington
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I decided to "treat" ourselves on our annual trip to Fiji and booked one night at de Vos. We were both rather upset. The bures weren't clean, the food was far from fresh (slimy lettuce), the place was impossible to find (even the resorts next door hadn't heard of it), the private plunge pool was empty and dirty, insects everywhere, bedding unclean, holes in the mosquito net etc. We were excited about having a private bure - in reality it had no curtains, windows that didn't close so let all the noise in (and out) and the "private beach bure" was only a few meters from the common area. We regularly stay in other amazing places in fiji for half the price and double the satisfaction. Definitely not 4 star sorry:(.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank alice h
Bula
Thankyou for your review we have tried to track you down and cant work out when you came and any details. we would of liked to have discussed this further with you.
some of it is a bit odd we dont have windows? we have wooden louvres you dont have curtains and wooden louvres? what noise you can definetely hear the waves and sea all night this is attraction to most people. the plunge pools are always clean and new water for every new guest when no guest in that bure emptied I would like to check were you wanting to use a plunge pool at another bure did your bure have a plunge pool?
private beach bures are on foreshore surround by tropical gardens? sorry would apprecaite an email so I can locate your booking especially one night?
thanks for your comments hope to help further
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Our stay at de Vos was the highlight of our trip, from the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly and welcoming. They really know how to look after their guests and make them feel right at home.

When we were shown to our beach front bure and we were not disappointed! It was spacious and beautifully appointed. The outdoor bath was a delight, in the evenings as the sunset that is where I was.

The food was great, nice and fresh, the Lovo was my favorite. What we really liked was the that if you wanted to be social you could join the other guest at the table for meals and have a great chat with everyone or have a quite private dinner at the bure.

I would highly recommend going to the waterfall, it's truly beautiful! And I'm really glad my partner managed to talk me into swimming with the baby sharks, it's an experience I will remember.

I would recommend staying here to anyone, in fact I have already told my family and friends it's where they should go for their next holiday.

Thanks to all the staff you truly made it a stay to remember!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Lillydarling
Bula
Thankyou for your reveiw everyone is so busy these days with all the hundreds that we have to stay and promises of reveiws life is so busy these days so Vinaka VA levu

The outdoor baths and sky seaveiws are always my favourite as well and I am glad you found the bures spacious and well appointed,this is definetely what we have aimed for. everyone laughed when I had these marble baths brought out from Bali they weigh 1/2 ton each

Thankyou for your comments about the food we always try and use as much local produce and fresh from our garden as possible to enhance the expereince of travelling to another country

I
The waterfall is a great for a picnic and day out for a couple fo family also one of my favourites
and thankyou for the staff they always appreciate positive feedback
Again thankyou for the time to write a reveiw and hope to see you again I the future

Vinaka VA Levu

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I would just like to note for people reviewing we paid $833 per night for an all inclusive rate including food and the villa
we both feel if we paid $99 to $250 per night like a lot of the reviewers that this is about all it is worth
it is not a 4-5star place as we had it sold to us
and do not buy an inclusive package
also note
owners do not care, we have called 5 times to speak with Annemarie with no response over the last 2 weeks to get a refund for the $2500 we paid
Also the company we booked through has also sent 8 emails with no response
owners will do anything not to have this review online instead of dealing with the poor service issues by Paddy
I would sort my own airport transfers and pay no more for the villas than $250 per night
1. Initial pick up from the airport

After multiple attempts to organize transfers through the hotel (via email and phone), we arrived in Nadi only to find no transfer had been organized at all. After several phone calls from the arrivals halls at Nadi airport, it became evident that it has never been organized as we got a taxi instead. This was hardly an auspicious start to the journey and ruined the experience right from the start.

2. Initial impression of resort

Given the price level that this package was pitched at, we expected something secluded and private, but also luxurious and indulgent. First impressions were good with a staff member coming out to meet the taxi and take us straight through to our bure – no need for check in formalities. However, as soon as we got into the room, this good impression started to fade. The room was very dark, the décor very dated and the facilities nothing like we’d expect in a place marketed at this price range. An old cheap plastic kettle and a can of Nescafe are hardly what you’d expect for tea and coffee making facilities in a place like this! The swimming pool was definitely a highlight, but overall the rest of the facilities seemed quite run down. The wooden boardwalks throughout the place are poorly maintained and creak and move as you walk around, the plunge pools by the beach-front bures are empty with just some dirty water in the bottom, there were dirty towels on the seats around the pool and beer bottles scattered around one of the bures – not something you’d expect in a place with this few guests.

3. Food and beverage experience

Purchasing an all inclusive holiday, we expected the food and beverage experience to be one of the highlights. However, this didn’t appear to be how it would turn out. Firstly, we were told that they have no liquor licence … so there went any dreams of sitting on a tropical beach sipping cocktails! We were then offered nibbles – expecting a nice cheese plate, an antipasto platter or something of the like, we felt underwhelmed when a place of stale tasting crackers with a dip that appeared to be blue cheese mixed with onion soup mix and reduced cream – hardly a gourmet offering. We were also given a drink (mixture of soda water with bitters), but were given no choice. Dinner, we were told, was fish with kumara mash. On being told that Daniel was allergic to seafood, his was changed to chicken with kumara mash. We expected to at least have a couple of choices to choose from, and would have expected some sort of menu. In our minds, this wasn’t really a sign of good things to come.

4. On closer inspection

Closer inspection of the room showed us a number of other things that we really didn’t expect in a place like this, including:
- extremely uncomfortable mattresses that we tried when we first go to our villa
- beds that groaned and felt like they would fall apart when we sat on them
- no running water in the shower or the bathroom sink just dribbled out
- no shampoo, conditioner, etc that you would normally find in even the cheapest motels – just a bar of some cheap soap
- no toilet paper holder – just a stack of toilet paper rolls in a large shell on the floor
- a wooden bench in the shower that appeared to be cracked – something that was proven to be right as soon as you touched it and it fell apart onto the ground
- a wooden shelf in the shower (that would have held shampoo had they provided any) that appeared to be dirty, rotting and very unappealing

5. Professionalism (or lack thereof)

When booking in a premium facility (which, given the price paid, we assumed this was), we would have expected some level of responsiveness in communication. Daniel first called to enquire about availability and were given very good service although was informed I was calling on Paddy’s day off and he was relaxing. He called again and booked the Villa, and then sent an email to confirm, 3 emails later still no response he sent an email via the website that was responded to and the villa was booked we were asked if we required transfers I emailed back yes and the details 3 emails later with attached voucher No response
He called on Wednesday and spoke with a male to confirm the transfer (this was not paddy and he was told yes no problem (he didn’t feel the information was written down) so recalled on Thursday and spoke with Paddy assured us that this was organized. As already described above, this didn’t happen and we were left at the airport with no transfers. When we were leaving, he also assured us that he’s get straight onto sending an email to you to get a refund organized for us – we have to say that it wasn’t surprising to hear that he hadn’t done this. There appears to be no follow up whatsoever – something that even the most basic facility should be able to do. It’s also not terribly professional to say things to your guests like “I won’t be around much because it’s the weekend after all” – not exactly something that makes you feel that you’re the focus of their attention!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
26 Thank mattanddan
“We left with in 1 hour A Total Nightmare”

I am sure most people would wonder as I do how all this could possible happen in one hour including sleeping on beds showering, swimming, inspecting whole ,drinks nibbles and ordering dinner in the afternoon and leaving in a hour.

Firstly your rates you quote are incorrect and two different currencies you booked through a third party, whom you paid. you have not phoned me and they have told me you had refund and interesting to note since everyone who has contacted me finds it hard to believe some of these things you talk about are not even where you stayed for one hour.

But the third party has now admitted you had been advised that this was not suitable for you and given a list reasons why. So it seems you were clearly primed before you came and not happy to be here. That Denerau would be more suitable. As you advised us The staff reports on arrival they felt it was the longest hour of their life so they kindly asked Paddy to come and sort for them he also could make no sense of the yelling and screaming.Hotel manager had never had to deal with anything quite like this

Your comments about owners will do anything not to have reveiw? reveiws are open to everyone good bad ,all feedback is good it determines and lets people know what type of people are suitbale for a rpemsie and whether the premise will suit them. In small place like ours to have a terrible guest you can imagine other peole have paid to have a good time as did the guest you have identified who were having couple beers by pool and had their towels lying around.ALso if I have not spoken to you what makes you think I have tried to stop your reveiws and how can I do this bit absurd. I have no control on this.

The decor plenty photos on site for people to see furniture balinese and very modern and not old? bure is full of louvres every wall how can it possibly be dark dinghy definetely will be placing more pictures so people can see for themselves

In the one hour you were there what facilties do you refer to? and yes two front plunges were empty so what we just emptied refilling next day for new guests it was nothing to do with your bure your booking or even in your veiw

The other guests are entitled to drink beer and leave their towels they are on holiday I am not their mother theyw ere enjoying they day

3. Food and beverage experience

you were there one hour as you said you had no meal you were offered a refeshment drink on arrival a chapmans most peole are thirsty on arrival and enjoy a cool refreshing drink as a chapmans or tropical punch . since you had arrived mid afternoon they girls were being kind offering you complimentary fruit and nibbles. we advertise everywhere we have no liquor everyone is welcome to bring duty free or we can arrange delivery for you or transfer will pick up on the way for you. if you requrie cocktails or bar service with this also can be arranged
Just out of curoisty we dont have kumura in Fiji and we had an Indian night that night
I had no intention fo answering your reveiw as it wa too inconsistent but the other guests t the time insist that I did and that they had a lucky save you may have stayed and spoilt their holiday So we would like to truly thankyou for recognising so quickly this was not the place for you and also notifying us that you have not had a refund. I will issue legal noticeon them and see what I can do thanks again
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The De vos is located at the coral coast,1hr 40mins away by taxi from nadi airport,which cost us $97.oo FD ($55.oo aus, one way).This resort lies between the nativi and hideaway resorts,where you are able to walk to these resort by the beach,half an hour walk to either resorts.We were greeted by lots of bula's by many staff,when we arrived,we felt very welcomed and very relaxed as soon as we entered the resort.Our room was the mango room,which was located in the main builting,upstair overlooking the marine.we had a large balcony to sit or view the lovey garden and beach from.The room for 3 of us was a medium size room with all the basic things we needed,with own ensuite,fridge,kettle,etc.At night you could hear the waves roll in onto the beach as the nice cool breeze blows in through the wooden slat.while you sleeped.We had a great time here relaxing by the pool or going to the beach for fish feeding,we saw reef sharks and other fish at our feets in knee deep water,it was awsome for snorkling as this is a marine reserve.There's a horse ride you can take to the hotsprings or waterfall,we choose the 4hour return trip to the hotspring by horse than a 30min walk to the spring,with 2 guides,it was a fantastic afternoon out to these springs which are over 200 years old.This resort only caters for max 20 guests l was told,we only had 14 guest max ,during our 5 night stay here,which was just heaven.Children are welcome here l was told,but there wasnt any when we stay.The lovely staff,paul the chef,pinky did some cooking as well ,tom the horse man and maitence man,geisha the massage lady(great massage)Nis and all the cleaning staff were always helpful and accommandating anything you required.We also meet Paddy the resort manager,who was nice to have a good chat with.Paddy get the" Blooming internet" fixed .Breakfast was lovely,freshly cooked every morning,with cereals ,toast,eggs cooked to your liking,pancake, friuts,etc.Lunch for us was made to ordered if you wish,my girls loved paul's fries rice.Other guest were on a package deal,so lunch was whatever was on the menu for the day for them.Dinner was served at the same time for all guests,at one long table,which was great,as we meet so many nice people form other countries.Indian was served on our first nice by pinky,we had 5 indian dishes,that were very tasty and delicious.Thanks Pinky.Paul the chef cooked a lavo on our 3rd night here,which was black snapper,chicken and vegetables,follow by a coconut sliced dessert.Yummy paul,very nice dinner to share with all.This resort has 5 very large bures scatter around,amongst the gardens,pool and beach frontage.The 2 bures at the front have there own plunge pools,with 2 double beds in each room and outdoor bath tub enclosed by there bures.Overall our stay here was the most relaxing holiday we have had.Choose a book from the large library upstair,relax by the pool with the swinging palm trees above you,lush gardens and sunny setting with deck chairs and you might even have the pool to yourself as we did on one day.l reccommend you go to the gift shop down the road and visit the village across the road from giftshop,they will pick you up and return you for free from your resort.

Bula!! to all the lovely staff at de vos,we really enjoyed our 5 day stay with you,it was the best relaxing holiday we have had.I would highly reccommend the this palce to all,who wants to enjoy the REAL FIJI .

Vinaka,
Ciao, the Geelong girls ( Australia) Elisa,Laura & marissa.

Room Tip: look at the pictures of the rooms carefully,not offen do l not pick a nice room.price always plays a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Elisa S
annemarei1, Owner at de Vos The Private Residence, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Bula from de Vos!

Thank you for choosing de Vos it is obviously perfect for your needs. We were also delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another getaway soon with your friends. The review is very in depth and describes all we can only thank you again

The beach side bures with views and sea music is obviously the number one pick no place closer to the sea and the enjoyment of surroundings.
staff thank you for your wonderful comments and could on and on but better still see you again soon

Thank you again Annemarie and team at de Vos
see you back soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Bedarra Beach Inn
Tambua Sands
#3 of 9 in Sigatoka
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to de Vos The Private Residence? Share your experiences!