The De vos is located at the coral coast,1hr 40mins away by taxi from nadi airport,which cost us $97.oo FD ($55.oo aus, one way).This resort lies between the nativi and hideaway resorts,where you are able to walk to these resort by the beach,half an hour walk to either resorts.We were greeted by lots of bula's by many staff,when we arrived,we felt very welcomed and very relaxed as soon as we entered the resort.Our room was the mango room,which was located in the main builting,upstair overlooking the marine.we had a large balcony to sit or view the lovey garden and beach from.The room for 3 of us was a medium size room with all the basic things we needed,with own ensuite,fridge,kettle,etc.At night you could hear the waves roll in onto the beach as the nice cool breeze blows in through the wooden slat.while you sleeped.We had a great time here relaxing by the pool or going to the beach for fish feeding,we saw reef sharks and other fish at our feets in knee deep water,it was awsome for snorkling as this is a marine reserve.There's a horse ride you can take to the hotsprings or waterfall,we choose the 4hour return trip to the hotspring by horse than a 30min walk to the spring,with 2 guides,it was a fantastic afternoon out to these springs which are over 200 years old.This resort only caters for max 20 guests l was told,we only had 14 guest max ,during our 5 night stay here,which was just heaven.Children are welcome here l was told,but there wasnt any when we stay.The lovely staff,paul the chef,pinky did some cooking as well ,tom the horse man and maitence man,geisha the massage lady(great massage)Nis and all the cleaning staff were always helpful and accommandating anything you required.We also meet Paddy the resort manager,who was nice to have a good chat with.Paddy get the" Blooming internet" fixed .Breakfast was lovely,freshly cooked every morning,with cereals ,toast,eggs cooked to your liking,pancake, friuts,etc.Lunch for us was made to ordered if you wish,my girls loved paul's fries rice.Other guest were on a package deal,so lunch was whatever was on the menu for the day for them.Dinner was served at the same time for all guests,at one long table,which was great,as we meet so many nice people form other countries.Indian was served on our first nice by pinky,we had 5 indian dishes,that were very tasty and delicious.Thanks Pinky.Paul the chef cooked a lavo on our 3rd night here,which was black snapper,chicken and vegetables,follow by a coconut sliced dessert.Yummy paul,very nice dinner to share with all.This resort has 5 very large bures scatter around,amongst the gardens,pool and beach frontage.The 2 bures at the front have there own plunge pools,with 2 double beds in each room and outdoor bath tub enclosed by there bures.Overall our stay here was the most relaxing holiday we have had.Choose a book from the large library upstair,relax by the pool with the swinging palm trees above you,lush gardens and sunny setting with deck chairs and you might even have the pool to yourself as we did on one day.l reccommend you go to the gift shop down the road and visit the village across the road from giftshop,they will pick you up and return you for free from your resort.
Bula!! to all the lovely staff at de vos,we really enjoyed our 5 day stay with you,it was the best relaxing holiday we have had.I would highly reccommend the this palce to all,who wants to enjoy the REAL FIJI .
Ciao, the Geelong girls ( Australia) Elisa,Laura & marissa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vos The Private Residence is a totally private accommodation based on the design of a exclusive resort on the Coral Coast, main island Fiji so that it is able to accommodate all your individual needs design a holiday from weddings to a private resort for two. The Setting is tranquil secluded luxurious in design and fittings. Sweeping views, wonderful snorkeling, fishing, a marine reserve all within minutes situated on beautiful coral coast beach. All facilities of a resort available from massage to cleaners, security and chef. Just relax and enjoy. 5 Bures with exquisite and romantic bathrooms, private plunge pools and a swimming pool approx 25 metres with spa and pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your de Vos The Private Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vos The Private Residence Hotel Sigatoka
- De Vos The Private Residence Fiji/Sigatoka