This place and the people now have a place in the hearts of myself, family and friends.
In July My husband and I had our wedding here. 28 people in total, close family and best friends.We stayed for 6 days, friends and family 4...Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their time here, loved the people, the food, the beach, the snorkeling, the pool, the bures - everything was just amazing and beautiful!
The people that work here are amazing, they were so helpful and willing and kind and made our stay awesome! They went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. Fishing trips, horse rides, trips to the waterfall, massages. Anything you wanted, they were always happy to accommodate, even climbing up the coconut trees to get coconuts for us, putting straws in them to drink out of (other places we stayed at were grumpy about doing this) .
The wedding day was fantastic - I can definitely recommend having your wedding here, the table arrangements were awesome, lovo for the wedding feast amazing, we encouraged the staff to take part and dance etc because they felt like part of the family - so neat :) Paddy and Annemarie made the day a completely stress free one, taking on all the dramas, keeping me calm and reassured that there was nothing to worry about (and there wasn't) Adding little extra touches which we weren't expecting (wrapping the pillars in weaved coconut fronds and flowers, altering a wedding pillow of their own to match my colours to use for the ceremony, hand making a flower and frond archway on the beach, clearing the coral etc on the beach for the ceremony etc)
My friends and family couldn't believe how calm and relaxed I was on the wedding day, my dad commenting that when he first arrived it was the most relaxed he had seen me, a credit to the amazing people at Devos.
The lovo feast was sooooo yummmmmmmy!!!!! Palasami is my favourite fijian dish now :) It was cool to be invited to watch the lovo come out too, smelling all the yummy smells.
We all have a special place in our hearts for fiji and Devos, it was just soooo cool to be in such a friendly atmosphere - and we really did feel like we were part of the Devos family.
All the places we visited after were just not the same, Devos felt like ours, we felt like intruders everywhere else.
When we pulled out of the driveway on our last day at Devos I and another friend starting crying, We didn't want to leave and were so sad to go because it was amazing to be there and we really enjoyed the company and friendships we made with the staff and owners.
We will definitely be returning - for our anniversary, and every other year if we can :)
Again - Thank you Annemarie and Paddy - we appreciate everything you did for us :)
XX Sarah and Damon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vos The Private Residence is a totally private accommodation based on the design of a exclusive resort on the Coral Coast, main island Fiji so that it is able to accommodate all your individual needs design a holiday from weddings to a private resort for two. The Setting is tranquil secluded luxurious in design and fittings. Sweeping views, wonderful snorkeling, fishing, a marine reserve all within minutes situated on beautiful coral coast beach. All facilities of a resort available from massage to cleaners, security and chef. Just relax and enjoy. 5 Bures with exquisite and romantic bathrooms, private plunge pools and a swimming pool approx 25 metres with spa and pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your de Vos The Private Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vos The Private Residence Hotel Sigatoka
- De Vos The Private Residence Fiji/Sigatoka