InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
  • Beachfront
Tavarua Island Resort(Tavarua Island)
2,844 results
All reviewsnavo restaurantgolf coursethe club loungekama loungeinfinity poolcleopatra bathtoba bar and grillbeachfront suitenatadola bayfamily poolnavo islandgolf clubplanet trekkerssanasana villageday bedbula busgarden view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This resort caters for everyone. We are a young family with four children. Having an adults only pool was wonderful as we did not feel that we were interferring with other peoples' relaxation. The kids pool is fantastic and the beach has been voted 7th best in the world. Great reefs for snorkelling.

Our holiday was firstly made effortless by Ann-Maree Irwin in Reservations who ensured that we were provided with the very best room available and suitable for a family with four children 10 years and younger.

The staff are exceptional and Fijians are geniunely the friendliest people in the world. Our little boy feel ill when we first arrived (illness brought over from Sydney by sister) and the resort had an inhouse doctor available immediately.

The cleaning of our room was wonderful and the ladies wrote "Bula" on our beds each day with necklaces and flowers to the delight of our children. Childrens clothes were washed free and it was like the laundry fairy had been with the clothes washed and returned on the same day. This made for a truely relaxing holiday.

Food was wonderful and the resort is kept so clean by the friendly ground staff.

We will be back and have already recommended the hotel to friends. Hidden Gem.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear Susie,

The team and I are thrilled to hear your wonderful comments and it is great to hear you and your family enjoyed a relaxing holiday with us. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel facilities, the famous Natadola beach and the friendly service of our staffs. I agree with you they are genuinely the friendliest people in the world and I am glad to be working with them. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and we hope to hear from them. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and hope to see your friends next time. If they require any information on the resort, let them know that they can contact Enquiries.Fiji@interconti.com.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Bula! Just got back from 5 nights at the Intercontinental Fiji - we were mum, dad and nine month old baby. I was prepared to be a little disappointed having read some comments but the hotel exceeded my expectations on all counts.

We had a fantastic beach front ground floor one bedroom suite that was close to the pools and pool side restaurant. (In fact we were right next door). Discovering that we also had an outdoor "plunge bath" was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and the decor fresh and contemporary. We had everything you would expect from a 5 star resort. Including great TV reception which has been sadly lacking from some Australian city hotels in my experience. Not that we were there to watch TV but the Australian Open was on afterall.

- I was expecting it to rain a lot but we were lucky, it was hot and sunny everyday and we only had a heavy down pour on one day.
- I was amazed at the lack of bugs and didn't see one mozzie
- I thought it might be really windy but wind wasn't a problem at all. The breeze was gentle and cooling
- I'm glad we opted for the beach front, it was well worth it.
- The staff are wonderful, everyone was genuinely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Eg if we had to take baby back to the room and hadn't finished our cocktails it was no problem to take them with us. I really felt like they wanted us to be on holiday.
- The breakfast buffet was really good, in fact too good!
- We sampled the evening theme buffet on Seafood night, it was good but coming from Sydney we are so spoilt for seafood so in retrospect, wish we had chosen the Fijian feast or Indian night instead.

Only very minor issues were the trip to the hotel, I think the hotel minibus driver had the air intake on so we breathed in a lot of exhaust fumes. The driver to the airport today had it sorted and we travelled in comfort.

All in all a wonderful holiday, our baby loved the pool, the horses on the beach and the attention she got from the staff, we also loved the gorgeous suite, the kama bar, the location and privacy.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cathyhomegirl
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Dear Cathy,

It is great to hear your feedback and thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior customer service so we are delighted to hear everyone exceeded your expectations. Next time you may like to try our exclusive private landcruiser transfer from the airport to the hotel which can be booked on transfers.fiji@interconti.com and thank you for your comments.

We hope to see you returning so that you can enjoy the Fijian feast or Indian night next time, and hope to see your families and friends to enjoy the wonderful experience. Please do not hesitate to let me know how we may assist you on your future visits and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I have rated this hotel average for the following reasons. It may be quite harsh but I think the more travelled you are, you tend to become more critical of the finer points. First the positives. The rooms were great. Nothing to complain about there. We stayed in a two bedroom with a plunge pool in the VIP section of the hotel. The kids (even though young) loved the pool and the rooms were large and well accessorised. The beach was much better than Denarau although nowhere near as good as the Islands.

The club facilities were great. Lovely Al Cart breakfast included in the nightly rate, + afternoon tea with high tea and free cocktails for several hours during the evening. Also non alcohol drinks free during the day. We would stock up on these and take them back to our room or down to dinner. Otherwise expect to pay FJD$6 for a coke or FJD$9 for a bottle of water!!

The not so good was the FLYS at the buffets. I notice other people have commented on this, yet it still remains a problem. No one wants to eat food that has had fly’s on it! If we ate the buffet (which we only did twice due to this problem) we stuck to the hot covered food and didn’t touch the salads etc. In terms of value for money, in our opinion it wasn’t great. We ate at the Toba bar which was Al Cart and better value. If you aren’t big eaters, don’t eat the buffet. You won’t get value for the FJD $85pp they charge. We also ate at the Novo restaurant several times. This was OK but we did have to send food back on several occasions as it was burnt and uneatable.

The other thing that was very frustrating was how long you had to wait for a golf cart to take you anywhere. As we were staying up the top of the hotel it was a bit of a walk to get down to the main facilities below. As I was 7 mths pregnant and in 30+ degree heat, walking up hills didn’t appeal to me. On occasions we had to wait 30 minutes for a buggy. On one occasion I was 15 minutes late to a spa treatment as I had to wait so long. This of course ate into my treatment time and of course there was no discount given or compensation made.

The spa was VERY expensive. For example over $200FJD for a facial. This is excessive. I did treat myself to two but left more stressed than I arrived as on both occasions I had to wait 20 minutes afterwards for the buggy to collect me!! There was also no treatments available for pregnant ladies. I was desperate for a body massage but no one was trained in this. Very annoying!!

We also felt the VIP section of the hotel should have been down by the beach not up on the hill. Most resorts you visit, the premium rooms are situated beach front. We only visited the beach several times as it was such a long way and a hassle for us. My husband took our 5 year old son kayaking one afternoon and was charged $20 to use the kayak! This is unusual for Fiji. Most places don't charge for non motorised equipment. Snorkelling was $35pp. You were unable to snorkel off the beach as there weren’t any reefs so had to go out further. If you love snorkelling, it gets expensive. On the islands the snorkelling is great off the beach & is free.

I hope this helps!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MonMun

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. I am glad you enjoyed the Club facilities and that your kids get to enjoy the plunge pool in your room.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the various issues you highlighted. Your valuable feedback enables us to take necessary actions to improve on those areas where we have not met your expectation. We are doing our best to tackle the flies issue as to being the wet season though it is taking longer than we anticipated. Our prices for Spa are cheaper than most international hotels on mainland and we use quality Yon-Ka products from Paris. We will share your comments with Reef Safari to review their prices on guest activities.

We welcome any opportunities for improvement so thank you for your constructive feedback. When you decide to return, please let me know on Scott.Williams@ihg.com and I will personally ensure that your stay is up to your expectation.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

We stayed in a garden bure over looking the swimming pool. This hotel is everything you want or dreamt about but you don’t get to see the true Fiji.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The only downside is drinks and activities are expensive. The food is on the expensive side and although extensive not that good. Drinks are double the price of most hotels and unlike some hotel that let you use snorkelling and kayak equipment for free; yes it’s another dip into your pocket.

If you looking for quality look no further.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the friendly and helpful service at the hotel. We are consistently reviewing our prices and we are generally cheaper than most international hotels on the island for food & beverage.

We value your feedback so thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We hope to see you returning in the near future. Do let us know how we may assist you when you decide to return.

Scott Williams, General Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2011

iam a bussines man that works hard all year round i can truly say the only time of the year that i most look forward to is the christmas and new year break it takes a lot of efort and time to organize a trip to relax and enjoy with my partner before that time comes unfortunatly it only takes a few people to leave a bitter taste running threw your mind and body yes this very deep but this is how i felt on my last trip because of certain language used by a food and bev mannager at the intercontinental fiji resort what made it wors is the way he reacted after i had confronted him for using srotic language to point out my partner body parts it left me speechless i made all managment aware of it and i demanded an apology in writing i was told it would happen but it never did i did not injoy my holiday at all i wasted 7 nghts and 8 days of my life trying to hide my partner from a sick person who had no respect for any one or any thing around him i think the hotel should pay me the $7000 i wasted on a dud holiday he made my life a living hell

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank samhussein24

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your feedback. I can only assume there has been some misunderstanding or confusion with this situation which we would like to resolve. Please feel free to contact me on Scott.Williams@ihg.com and I will be happy to sort it out and would also like to contact you directly.