My partner & I spent a very relaxing and enjoyable week in this stunning resort. We had a beachfront suite which was amazing. We loved being able to use the bath on the deck at the end of the day to watch the sunset - very romantic.
I think the setting of this resort is probably one of the best in the world, and I would still go back here again in the future but it is just the service & lack of food options that I think could be improved upon if it is to be truly 5 star.
The staff are mostly very friendly, and are usually keen to help when prompted, but we had some issues with the concierge not following up on our queries on day trips/transfers despite numerous requests, and also the service around the adults pool was virtually non-existant. I would have spent alot more money with them on drinks if there had been staff servicing this area more attentatively!
We are quite discerning eaters, and were a bit sceptical on the food after reading the reviews on this website. We ate at Navo every night and found the food to be of quite good quality. The only thing is by night 3 we were really struggling to find something different to order, as there is no change to the menu.
I would highly recommend that anyone going here signs up for a Priority Privilege card as we did (following research done on tripadviser), and it provided us with a 50% discount on all our food, which made it quite good value. Also, it is worth taking a couple of nice bottles of wine with you as the prices are quite high on some average Aus/NZ wines, although not completely outrageous. Navo charged us 35FJD to take a bottle, and if we knew we before we left would have taken over more.
We found the issues with the food to be the breakfast buffet & the poolside restaurant. The quality of food in the buffet is good, but the flies around the pastries and plates were enough to put me off eating . The staff turned a blind eye to it as well, which I thought was quite poor. Staff in this restaurant were nowhere near as good as those at Navo, and that is why we never returned here for dinner. The waiters at Navo even sung to us on our last night, which was so lovely! The staff at the poolside restaurant were also not very attentive. I would say the food here is probably below average, and there should be some better quality , healthy options.
I don't want to dwell on the bad things, as it really is a beautiful place to stay, and we would be keen to go back. But if a few of the service issues were worked on this place would be amazing!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka