InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
$114
  • Pool
Bedarra Beach Inn(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$91
$60
  • Pool
Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$173
$122
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$50
$47
Agoda.com
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$286
Beach Cocomo(Sigatoka)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
Gecko's Resort(Sigatoka)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,839 results
All reviewsnavo restaurantgolf coursethe club loungekama loungeinfinity poolcleopatra bathtoba bar and grillbeachfront suitenatadola bayfamily poolnavo islandgolf clubplanet trekkerssanasana villageday bedbula busgarden view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I were just married in the US and decided to take a big adventure overseas and head to Fiji. We were so confused about where to stay on the main island. We knew we were going to do part of the trip on a smaller island but wanted to spend a few days on Viti Levu. It was difficult for us to find others from the US who had traveled to Fiji to give us their advice. The reviews online for the Intercontinental were quite mixed and we were strongly debating staying at the Sheraton. At the end, we decided to stay 4 nights at the Intercontinental and then stay 1 night at the Sheraton prior to our departure. Boy am I glad we made that decision! The Intercontinental compares nicely to any 5 star resort in the states. It was clean, the rooms were beautifully appointed (we stayed in a club level suite that was lovely with a private outdoor jacuzzi). The beach was not the highlight, but the pool made up for it. The food was pretty good. We ate at Navo one night which was a bit overpriced but quite delicious and very fresh. The hotel staff members were eager to please. After the Intercontinental, we spent 7 glorious nights in a different island, only to return to spend one night at the Sheraton. The Sheraton was a nightmare. The food, the rooms were just awful. There seemed to be a lot of kids and families but there were also a lot at the Intercontinental, and the latter hotel seemed like a much better vacation for them too. If you're going to spend time on the main island, I strongly recommend the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fiji_Staff, Marketing Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to seeing you return.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

From check in to check out,this stunning location was perfect.Having stayed all over the world and not fussy but expect the finer things in life on holiday,we found this to be most suitable for us and our 3 year old who just adores the locals and activities...The accom was clean,tidy and first class with well appointed fixtures and fittings to suit the most discerning traveller.
The food was plentiful and well catered for given the vast international market this hotel would need to cater for and we didnt hear of too many people complaining apart from the ones who would complain just for the sake of it or to feel important.
The local village is worth seeing especially if you can organise a trip with one of the locals.
We found the staff couln't do enough for us and remembered us by name only after a few days...
This is one to remember and for those who complain and dont want to return...then so be it...all the more room and reservation time for us next time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Fiji_Staff, Marketing Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2010

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

Well we arrived at the glorious Intercontinental Fiji after 4 days of continous travel with 2 adults (my sister and myself) 2 teenagers a 10 year old and a crying and distressed 3 year old.Our stress levels were through the roof but quickly the staff brought us cool juice and face towels. Sitting in reception with the beautiful views and ambience quickly calmed us. the only dissapointment here was we were told children under 12 eat free before we arrived but when i enquired at check in we were told that as of the day we checked in there would be a $15 charge each meal as there was new management and they had changed the policy. What bad luck!

Check in went like a breeze and we were quickly on golf buggies heading to our rooms. We had requested interconecting rooms near the childrens pool which we were absoluteley delighted with. The kids loved the Bose system and the fact that they could listen to their own music with their Ipods plugged into it was a real bonus.

The only negative about the rooms was we had interconecting but we had no door stops to keep the doors between open. after calling reception we were told that door stoppers would be delivered to our room but it was well after dinner before we had one delivered and were told that there was no more left which was a real pain as using the swip key just to walk into the next room was annoying. not to mention that the kids just kept taking it from the light switch and not returning it. I was constantly looking for our keys. It wasn't until the next day when we complained again that another door stop was located. A small inconvenience I know but as we were only there 2 nights it was disappointing.

I highly recommend happy hour looking out over the beach. It was beautiful and after my second cocktail I was really beginning to unwind. The kids played around on the sand whilst my sister and i enjoyed just sitting back and relaxing.

Dinner the first night was at the International buffet. The teenagers and kids loved it...going back for seconds and thirds especially the desert. My sister and I were not overly impressed with the quality of the food on offer but if I was staying longer I would have attempted the seafood buffet. i might add that staff here did not charge us for kids under 12. Obvoiusly they had not been informed.

After a good night sleep we ventured to the buffet breakfast and i must say it was lovely. We enjoyed the fruit especially the fresh mango cheeks. omelettes made to order were also pretty good.

We spent the morning at the lagoon and I highly recommend this. The water was crystal clear and there was hadly a soul around which surprised me as the hotel was at maximum capacity. a little windy when out of the water but not too bad. The beach was way too rough for swimming whilst we were there.

Dinner on the second night...the kids ate in the Toba bar and grill and then my sister and I enjoyed an absolutely beautiful dinner at the Navo. I highly recommend the Navo. We were at a table overlooking the lagoon and it was just heaven. We enjoyed the sashimi sushi plater for entree and then lobster for mains. wow the lobster was good and at $95 each fijian I feel a bargain. The navo prices are pretty good all things considered. I felt i had more value for money here than at the Toba bar and grill

Value for money.....My sister and i are both members of the intercontinental Priority privilige club so all in all our stay was good value for money. We used the stay 2 nights for the price of one vouchers. we had a $50 room credit included for each room as well as $100 meal voucher each and breakfast for 2 voucher each. after using all of these vouchers we used our card for 50% off the food bill at the Navo. So 2 courses with lobster and a bottle of wine was $100 fijian each. I highly recommend if your planning to stay here you look into this club at www.priorityprivilige.com.au I think.

A couple of suggestions if you have young kids. Bring your own DVD's. To purchase movies from your room is $23 each for a once only view. We did work out that you can bookmark it and watch over and over later. Reception has free DVD's to borrow overnight but no kids ones.

The other suggestion which may or maynot be important to you is that the locks on the doors leading out the the kids pool are within easy reach of a 3 year old and very easy for her to unlock. This caused my sister some concern and she had to lock the timber doors shut as well which made it too dark during the day so if you have young children maybe the second floor would give piece of mind.

To the management a higher up extra lock/bolt would solve this problem.

We really enjoyed our stay although not long enough. Staff are great, customer service was wonderful. We are now planning on a longer stay next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

We appreciate your detailed kind feedback. See you on your return.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

That was all I could say for the whole trip, WOW..
We were greeted at the airport and quickly wisked 40 mins down the coast to the beautiful Intercontinental. Greeted by drums - check in was even a breeze as the lovely ladies led us to the incredible views from the balcony, gave us a cocktail and checked us in with absolute swiftness and professionalism. We were then driven around to our room in a golf cart to our room which was just incredible. We were right on the beach in a king beachfront room on the ground floor-WOW -Beautifully appointed spacious and still practical. The view from the rooms are simply stunning, the bathroom spacious and bath out on the verandah a romantic touch. I could go on and on about how much we loved the room - but the telling is in how much time we spent there relaxing on the sun loungers or on the day bed- even watching a bit of "Deadliest Catch" on the bed- the views stunning from all spots in the the room.
The food was fabulous- from the buffet breakfasts to lunch at the pool-side cafe to dinner at the five star Novo reataurant we enjoyed it all!
I reccommend trying the spa- stunning building and so relaxing as soon as you walk in! Wai zone was something we both enjoyed, while I did the free morning yoga by myself on the deck above water watching the sun come up- WOW
We did the free golf clinic- the team were great and WOW the views incredible. We enjoyed it so much we decided to play 9 holes- the only thing I wouldn't reccommend unless you can play golf really well- it is a championship golf course and quite difficult, but if you don't mind losing heaps of balls it was still a lot of fun.
A day trip to Sigatoka for some shopping was the only other outside excursion we made from the resort, and got quite a lot of bargains.
We can't wait to return, it was a truly beautiful and relaxing holiday made even more special by the wonderful staff who even sang us a beautiful farewell song that made me wish we were staying longer than our 10 days.
Thank-you so much for such a wonderful experience, we look forward to seeing you again next year!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

It is pleasing to know that you had a chance to fully experience the resort and are planning on your return.

We appreciate your kind feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed in a lagoon fron suite. Wonderful decor/layout. nice view from this ground floor (2112) "bure"
Very windy. Cannot recommend lagoon view for this reason. Loses the sun early morning on the balcony, and no sun loungers on the lawn outside...so stuck with lying on the grass.
Service VERY friendly, food service sometimes slow. F&B very expensive, but this is endemic in Fiji. $F18 for a very average glass (not bottle) of wine not workable for most people. We took our own and had pre dinner drinks in the room. Adult pool magnificent (kids only over 18). Childrens pool great fot that age group...but no good for 9-16 year olds..too shallow. Good water sports.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback.