We went to the IC for a get-away for a week.
Flew over on Air Pacific,who were friendly and very professional.
Arrived at nighttime and had a quick checkin.
All of our luggage was taken care of,and by the time we walked to our room it was in our room.
The room was divine.It was a garden room,but you could walk down to the beach and being on the ground floor it had some sun lounges and an outside bathtub.
Only thing I didn't like about our room,it was right outside the ice machine,which you heard at all hours,as people filled their ice buckets.
The food I think has improved after reading earlier posts.We had breakfast most mornings at Sanasana.The coffee was fantastic(when you eventually got it..maybe a second barrista could work?).
Our waiitress told us that they are trying to organise a family dining section...what a great idea,as for some reason families with children seem to think its OK when they're kids run around like they're in a playground when on holidays.
The buffets at night were OK,though the food was only ever lukewarm.
One waiter worthwhile mentioning (at night buffets)was Eroni who was In Training,I found him to be delightful,engaging and enthusiastic.
The restaurant by the pool was nice though I think they should have a different menu for the night,or maybe some specials,to break the monotony.
The pools were nice, the family pool was huge.
We spent our time at the supposed "adults only" pool,it was a lovely infinity pool.I can relate to the other comments about the steps,but after a while it proved for light entertainment.It is a shame it was spoiled by children under 16 who obviously weren't content with their pool, which was 5 times the size of the adults pool...once again its up to the parents and obviously the staff to ensure this doesn't happen.
Also why have an adults only pool when everyone comes with their children to sit in the pods by it?
We had a false fire alarm...that took almost 2 hours to switch off.
The following night we had issues at around midnight with noises coming out of the alarm...which was sorted out promptly.
My suggestion also would be to check your bill,as we had been charged for 4 breakfasts(there were 2 of us) in the same morning.Someone else had charged their bill to our room,and the staff didn't bother to check the name until we bought it to their attention.
The Kama bar was lovely,but they need some kind of entertainment..like a band,if not there is not alot happening anywhere at the resort.
All in all,once they sort out these few problems I would definitely go back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka