“Intercontinental: Coral Coast Shining Star”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
“Intercontinental: Coral Coast Shining Star”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is the perfect place for a holiday, honeymoon, relaxation, recreation, and family reunions. In this case we returned to the Intercontinental to spend time with some very good friends visiting Fiji for the first time. Together we were celebrating our wedding anniversarys. From the moment we arrived, we were in paradise. Thank you for the beautiful chilled bottle of wine and champagne to help with celebrating our wedding anniversary.

The Intercontinental never missed a beat. We were warmly greeted and welcomed as soon as we arrived, and gently guided to the reception in which we were each given a fabulous bottle of chilled and refreshing Fiji Water.

While here we enjoyed the infinity pool, walks along Natadola beach, relaxing in the Spa, exercising in the fitness room, the evening fire lighting ceremony and entertainment. The most unexpected and beautiful experience was hearing the voices of the villagers singing hymns in Fijian early Sunday morning. Their ethereal pristine voices carried over the glassy lagoon reaching into the horizon greeting the morning sunrise. Fiji is profoundly beautiful.

We dined at all three restaurants, but the Navo was our favorite. The breakfast menu had both traditional and some unqiue Fijian culinary influence. We could always count on Jona, Sam, and Vaulina for providing excellent service. We want to thank Abraham Hendry for suggesting that we try the Navo for breakfast; it was fabulous. And if the Navo is fabulous for breakfast, it is spectacular for dinner. Our delightful hostess, Lusiana, guided us through the restaurant showing us Navo's collection of wine and fresh seafood. Our waiter, Ben, did a great job of serving and attending to our needs. There was a time when the Sofitel's Restaurant V was a good restaurant, but in recent times both food and service has been suffering. It is a fantastic discovery to find that the Intercontinental Fiji Navo restaurant is elegant dining at its best.

One of the things that separates a good hotel from an excellent one is how quickly they respond when things don't go as planned. One day we could not get any hot water. After struggling for 15 minutes, I called for assistance. I barely got off the phone and we had two maintenance men at the door. We were quite impressed. Professional, courteous, and very fast.

Not only do we like the layout of the rooms at Natadola, but the cleaning staff, Miri, did an excellent job keeping the rooms immaculate and well supplied with Fiji Water and Pure Fiji. We really appreciate the thoughtful amenities and the wonderful management and staff of the Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa.

Room Tip: If you have children, try to stay close to the pool on the children's end. If you enjoy a bit mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 12Safari
InterContinenta... F, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Bula 12Safari,

Thank you for your recommendation and writing a review! The team and I were delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make your wedding anniversary a special and memorable occasion. I was also delighted to read that you all enjoyed dining at our signature restaurant, Navo; and had the opportunity to hear the voices of the locals who are blessed with natural ability.

I will be sure to pass on your comments onto the team, especially Jona, Sam, Vaulina, Abraham and Miri, who I’m sure will be excited to hear from you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another stay on Natadola Bay again soon. Please do contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are planning your next trip and I will see that you are well looked after again.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were lucky enough to spend 4 nights at the Intercontinental and the pictures don't do this hotel justice.....it is stunning and i'm not easily impressed! The beach is white sand and crystal clear water with amazing snorkelling right from the beach. The adults pool is right on the beach and stunning. would be a great spot for families or couples. We hope to stay again one day. Only down side is the hotel is very isolated, so stock up on water and snacks in Nadi before arriving as food and drinks are expensive as you would expect. But overall an amazing hotel if your not on a tight budget otherwise stay elsewhere on the coral coast as it is amazing!

• Stayed June 2014
Bula Miranda M,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your feedback! It was a delight to have you and to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed exploring our beach – voted as one of the world’s top 25 beaches by Forbes in 2008 and our crystal clear waters rich with marine biodiversity! We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next trip and I will see that you are well looked after once again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our 2yo son. Excellent service, very friendly and welcoming, especially for little people. The pool is amazing and great for kids of all ages. The beach is excellent too. I really enjoyed the evening performances (singing, dancing, etc) and fire lighting. I'm not really one to do the resort experience, but this place nails it, I had a very relaxing and rejuvenating stay. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: With kids it was worth staying near the family pool. (The resort is fairly large to walk around)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bula troy p,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I was delighted to read that your family had a wonderful and relaxing holiday with us and that you enjoyed our team’s warm Fijian hospitality. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next family getaway and I will see that your family is well taken care of once more.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is one of the best hotels if not the best on Viti Levu. It has its own beach (albeit public). We stayed in a standard room which was superb with its own large balcony overlooking the childrens' pool. We deliberately stayed here outside the Australian school terms which means the hotel was relatively empty. The childrens' pool was quiet and we never had to queue for a seat at breakfast.

The Navo restaurant is very expensive as other reviewers have noted, but I strongly recommend at least one night as the food was superb.

There is snorkelling just off the beach and off the adjoining island, with a wide variety of fish. Recommend that you also take the island tour and scuba diving lessons. Tip - the snorkelling off the beach is great - you just need to swim the length of the beach in front of the hotel and you will see abundant fish everywhere.

We did have the occasional local try to sell their wares on the beach but they were not insistent and always polite and friendly.

The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. They ensured that only hotel guests used the beds just off the beach (there was a cruise ship in town and they tried to use the beds but the staff were on to them), and strictly enforced access to the adults only pool.

My only adverse comment is that the gym is very small and one senior manager in the hotel was using the gym every night. I don't know if the hotel allows its staff to use the hotel facilities, and that is their prerogative, but this gentlemen used the same equipment every night for an extended period denying the rest of us use of the same.

The restaurants are expensive but this is a first rate hotel so is expected. If you do not have budget constraints you will not be disappointed with this hotel. Although it is on the main island you still get that "island" feeling, unlike that artificial construct of Denarau.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the beach as you have passers-by walking on the beach and the lawns in front of the r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philip M
Bula Philip M,

Thank you for your feedback. The team and I were pleased to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed snorkeling in our crystal clear waters and took the opportunity to dine at our signature restaurant, Navo.

We would love to see you back on Natadola Bay again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next holiday and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Dubai
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Bula! Great hotel with great staff.

few things to note. room service take a longer time, you need to check your bills carefully when signing them most of the times they are with few add-ons by mistake.

Spa was great, I feel its bit highly priced compared to other 5* hotels in other part of the world.

Rooms are great, specious.

Room Tip: Beach view is the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shanika V
Bula Shanika V,

Thank you for your review. The team and I were pleased to read that you had a wonderful family holiday with us here on Natadola Bay and that you also enjoyed our warm and genuine Fijian hospitality. Your comments about room service have been noted and will be passed onto the relevant department heads to address.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do email me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you plan your next family escape and I will see that you are well looked after.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed June 7, 2014

From the time we arrived to the time we left was a 5* experience, amazing sums it up. From the themed dinner nights to fine dining to bar and grill we did it all. Sam and Wise from Planet Trekkers were amazing. The beach is great and all facilities were amazing. Special thanks to Sam, Wise, Joe, James, Lai and Rodney for their special attention you gave to our kids,they miss you already. To the dive team you were awesome got 3 dives in and wish I had time to do more. Best Holiday ever had. See you next year.

Room Tip: I dont think there would be a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank clair1976
Bula clair1976,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The team and I were delighted to read that your family had a wonderful holiday with us and that you really enjoyed our facilities and service. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team, especially Sam, Wise, Joe, James, Lai and Rodney, who I’m certain will be excited to hear from you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcome your family back next year. Please do not hesitate to contact me on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you decide your next travel dates and I will see that your family is well looked after once again.

Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from here and we had a very relaxing time. We hadn't been to Fiji before so weren't sure what to expect from welcome to weather. The staff are friendly and accommodating and always happy to have a chat. No staff member will pass without saying Bula! We had a lagoon view room which was a lovely room with an outside bath and relaxing area (ground floor) but a number of the rooms have that facility and views over the beach or kids pool. It can be windy on the lagoon side but once you shut the door you don't hear it really. We used the kayaks and also did the snorkelling which was really good fun! Had two days of cloudy weather but it was always warm and if you are looking to chill it is easy to do so. There was a large family presence throughout the resort but that doesnt stop it being a place for couples as there is an adult only pool area and the restaurants have early time slots for meals with kids (pre 7:30). Totally recommend Navo for dinner. Food is excellent (from head chef Raj) as are the waiting staff - Kele in particular. You MUST try their Cabana special if you can - the seafood ws amazing. There are plenty of offsite activities if that is our thing and there is also a fantastic golf course and clubhouse (hosting their first pga tournament later this year). The spa was also very good and the massage was great. Totally worth a quick detour week there whilst we were visiting Australia. Vinaka and Moce.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula UtahGimme2,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your lovely review! The team and I were delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stopover in Fiji with us and our team’s warm and friendly hospitality. I was also thrilled to read that you enjoyed a romantic evening with a Seafood Sensation Cabana dinner – it certainly is an intimate way to experience the best seafood of Fiji.

Your comments have been forwarded onto the team, especially Chef Ritesh and Kele, who will be excited to hear from you.

We would love to welcome you to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please do let me know on erik.stuebe@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!