“Average Joe Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“Average Joe Hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our stay was fine here, we booked into a deluxe room with a jacuzzi in our bathroom. We had just ran away from a pretty dismal hotel on the Coral Coast and needed a bit of luxury after that. The pool was clean, the restaurant busy without being crazy, and the bar was fine. Restaurant service was a little poor, the waitresses were slightly barky but I guess they were busy. Our room was comfy (and secure) and we stayed for one night before moving down on to Wailaolao beach. You wouldn't really know you were in Fiji here it felt a bit like a generic mass providing Spanish hotel. But all good, was clean, and food good - room service good and reasonable also. Location probably preferable to people flying out from the airport in the morning but it was the only accommodation available near Nadi for us on that particular date.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lucychadwick85
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Bula lucychadwick85,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read your found our facilities and services acceptable and that you enjoyed one of our premier rooms, a Club InterContinental Plunge Pool Suite. I trust you also had the opportunity to enjoy our beloved Natadola Beach, which has been voted one of the best in the world.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our home in paradise, Natadola Bay again soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you do decide to return and I will see that our team takes wonderful care of you once again.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Highly recommend this resort ,great for family's and couples and singles looking for a lovely rest . Accommodation is absolutely stunning - my first reaction was wow .I will be back ! The staff are very friendly and helpful I even received a beautiful bunch of tropical flowers from a staff member after commenting how lovely and manicured the gardens were ,now that is a special treat . The dinning is great with theme night eg: Mexican Italian Latin etc. there is a happy hour on every night with a show and singing every night .the fire lighting ritual is a must every night . Over all highly recommend the resort.

Room Tip: Room 1825 facing the family pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Cuni20
Bula Cuni20,

Vinaka vaka levu for your wonderful review! I was delighted to read you enjoyed so many aspects of our resort, and that you experienced the warm, genuine hospitality of our team. I will be sure to communicate your feedback with the team here at the resort and we sincerely look forward to your next stay with us on Natadola Bay. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see our team takes great care of you once again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This resort is wonderful if you are travelling with a family. Just be aware they do have conference facilities. The kids eat for free was great and the beach was beautiful. We did have a chance to sunbake by the adults only pool while our kids were in Kids club which was very relaxing. This review is a little late as we stayed here in August 2010. We are not Golfers but I must say the Golf course looked amazing. This hotel is not close to anything so you will need to spend all your time here, this is not a bad thing if you are looking at a one stop resort holiday as everything you need is here. Recommend and would only stay here if we were to visit Fiji again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hugchamel
Bula hugchamel,

Thank you for your review, albeit some time after your stay! I was thrilled to read you had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday with us here on Natadola Bay and we appreciate your kind recommendation.

Perhaps it's time you booked your next escape to paradise! Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that our team takes wonderful care of you and your family once again.

Manly, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I travelled to Fiji for our honeymoon. Initially we were meant to be staying at the Shangri-La but after a friends recommendation we decided to go with Intercon, and thank goodness we did. The resort is breathtaking. The instant we arrived at the beautiful greeting point and reception area, we knew we were in paradise.

Everything about this resort is perfect. I actually cannot think of one thing that we didn't enjoy. Our room was perfect, with a beaut view and large outdoor bath that we used quite a bit. Housekeeping were so efficient and the staff were amazing. All of the facilities are kept pristine and everyone who works there is just SO happy. We had a great snorkeling adventure with Luke and we were lucky to be the only ones on the trip. Luke was hilarious and very professional.

The ribs on the menu at Toba Bar were one of the best meals we had the whole holiday and the Thai Beef Salad was the best I have ever eaten! Service at all of the restaurants was so fast and the staff were very attentive. Our experience at Navo was just perfect. We had the best table in the house and Lusi made us feel like royalty.

Even though there were kids at the resort and we were on our honeymoon, you didn't really see or hear them as there is an adults only pool and the resort is big enough to make you feel as though there aren't many people around.

We LOVED our stay and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: If you are going on a couples trip, try and get a room that doesn't back on to the kids pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Bula Mary S,

Thank you for your review. I was thrilled to read you had such a wonderful time with us on Natadola Bay and will be sure to pass your glowing feedback to the team.

We can't wait to welcome you back to our sunny shores - for best prices guaranteed you may be interested to book on our website fiji.intercontinental.com. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you do decide to return and I will see that you are taken care of once again.

Perth City, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

So this was our second time staying at the Intercontinental and all I can say is that we highly recommend the resort. My husband and I chose the Intercontinental to hold our Wedding and it was the best decision ever. Our review is a little late as we held our wedding on the 27/09/13. Sorry!!

As a control freak, at first I was apprehensive of holding our wedding in another country due to difficulties in communication and not being able just to pop in to see how everything was going... BUT, the team at Intercontinental made planning our Wedding so incredibly easy. Jane was our Wedding coordinator and she did the most amazing job, going over and above what was expected of her.

We decided to head over a week early, just so we could iron out any issues before our guests started arriving. Our package included private airport transfers, the car was fantastic and the driver was friendly, filling us in on what we had missed over the year between our visits, it's always nice to be greeted in this way!

Check-in was easy as usual, we arrived early morning & had booked the night before so we could check in to our room straight away, the flight from Perth is a long one... We had originally booked a lagoon view suite but were upgraded to a beachfront suite & the views are amazing. The room are as always we'll maintained, spotless and the suites are huge with Cleopatra baths in every room!!

Our guests began arriving a couple of days later & each guest was blown away with the resort. They loved the location, the rooms & the service. Not a single one had any complaints!!

We held a meet & greet for our guests the night before the Wedding. The food that was provided gave the guests a taste of what was to come on the Wedding day. The event was well staffed, drinks were following freely & our guests were well fed. We held the function on the grass behind the chapel & this was a fantastic location, the guest got to see an uninterrupted sunset whilst eating and drinking amazing food and beverages.

The Wedding day, still one of the best days of our lives. The ladies headed to the spa where we had hired the Orchard room to get ready. If getting married, I highly recommend hiring the room, there is so much space to get ready in and when you have hair and make-up and dresses, space is definitely needed. The boys started their day with a round of 9 at the golf course & then got ready in our room.

We held our ceremony on the Navo lawn, this area is a little more secluded & private, which is what we were after. The setup was amazing and it supplied the most amazing backdrop for our photos.

Photo opportunities for your wedding day are endless with the beautiful gardens, beaches and buildings. Our photos are absolutely amazing & each time I look at them, I'm wondering when can I get back!!

The reception was held in the Ballroom, we chose this location as it was private and other hotel guests weren't able to look in over our wedding (I like privacy). It also allowed us to go a little later into the night. We had organised a buffet meal for our guests & every single person was blown away with the quality and the choices they had. Running comment when it came to the food was best food served at a wedding. We organised the top beverage package which included cocktails & the service was amazing, people were not waiting long to be served their drinks & they were strong!!

The wedding packages the Intercontinental offer are wonderful, they include entertainment (we had fire dancers, highlight of the night & a fantastic way to break up the speeches so the guests don't get too bored).

Our whole 14 days at the resort were amazing, everything was over and above what we had expected and the staff at the intercontinental made us feel truly special. When we look back at our Wedding day and the trip, their are no if only they did this, or I wish this was a little better. We look back and thank the intercontinental for making it an easy two weeks and for fulfilling my dream wedding!!

We look forward to heading back at the end of this year for a delayed 1st year Wedding anniversary, we can't think of anywhere else we would rather be!!

Stayed September 2013
Bula Huia-Jade H,

Thank you for your wonderful review, and congratulations on your recent nuptials! We were thrilled to part of such a special time for you and your husband, and delighted to hear the whole event was as seamless and enjoyable as you had hoped.

I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback on to Jane and the team here at the resort, and we look forward to seeing you again at the end of the year!

Mitchelton, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 days here in November 2013, we travelled with our 2 year old daughter and although this might not seem the obvious choice in Fiji with a family we could not have been happier. Great hotel, exceptional staff, very family friendly, great food and facilities.

We will definitely be back again.

Stayed November 2013
Bula B_rides1080,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the warm and genuine hospitality of our team.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to Natadola Bay in the near future. You may be interested to book on our website fiji.intercontinental.com for the best prices, guaranteed. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you do decide to return and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this resort for 1 week. we had booked 1 year ahead and thought with paying alot of money for a plunge pool room we would have an amazing view... We had a view of a road and trees to be able to see the beach we needed to be on the edge of the pool. Most of the staff are friendly. Beautiful gardens and views. We went to the beach for not even 10 minutes ONLY 2 TIMES in our stay because each time we stepped onto the sand the locals from the village would be trying to sell us anything and EVERYTHING!!!!!! I have never had this experience at any other 5 STAR resorts in Fiji. I called reception for a buggie to take us down to our car for the airport... I called 5 times every time the phone raing out finally someone pick up the phone on the 6th time of trying to call, defiantly NOT 5 STAR.... It is a beautiful place but it needs some changes.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Loz C
Bula Loz C,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sincerely disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your time with us and invite you to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com if you would like to discuss any of these points further.

We hope to one day welcome you back to our home here on Natadola Bay.
Scott Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!