“Lovely Resort for Families with Great Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Resort for Families with Great Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This resort is wonderful if you are travelling with a family. Just be aware they do have conference facilities. The kids eat for free was great and the beach was beautiful. We did have a chance to sunbake by the adults only pool while our kids were in Kids club which was very relaxing. This review is a little late as we stayed here in August 2010. We are not Golfers but I must say the Golf course looked amazing. This hotel is not close to anything so you will need to spend all your time here, this is not a bad thing if you are looking at a one stop resort holiday as everything you need is here. Recommend and would only stay here if we were to visit Fiji again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hugchamel
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Bula hugchamel,

Thank you for your review, albeit some time after your stay! I was thrilled to read you had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday with us here on Natadola Bay and we appreciate your kind recommendation.

Perhaps it's time you booked your next escape to paradise! Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that our team takes wonderful care of you and your family once again.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manly, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I travelled to Fiji for our honeymoon. Initially we were meant to be staying at the Shangri-La but after a friends recommendation we decided to go with Intercon, and thank goodness we did. The resort is breathtaking. The instant we arrived at the beautiful greeting point and reception area, we knew we were in paradise.

Everything about this resort is perfect. I actually cannot think of one thing that we didn't enjoy. Our room was perfect, with a beaut view and large outdoor bath that we used quite a bit. Housekeeping were so efficient and the staff were amazing. All of the facilities are kept pristine and everyone who works there is just SO happy. We had a great snorkeling adventure with Luke and we were lucky to be the only ones on the trip. Luke was hilarious and very professional.

The ribs on the menu at Toba Bar were one of the best meals we had the whole holiday and the Thai Beef Salad was the best I have ever eaten! Service at all of the restaurants was so fast and the staff were very attentive. Our experience at Navo was just perfect. We had the best table in the house and Lusi made us feel like royalty.

Even though there were kids at the resort and we were on our honeymoon, you didn't really see or hear them as there is an adults only pool and the resort is big enough to make you feel as though there aren't many people around.

We LOVED our stay and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: If you are going on a couples trip, try and get a room that doesn't back on to the kids pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Bula Mary S,

Thank you for your review. I was thrilled to read you had such a wonderful time with us on Natadola Bay and will be sure to pass your glowing feedback to the team.

We can't wait to welcome you back to our sunny shores - for best prices guaranteed you may be interested to book on our website fiji.intercontinental.com. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you do decide to return and I will see that you are taken care of once again.

Perth City, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

So this was our second time staying at the Intercontinental and all I can say is that we highly recommend the resort. My husband and I chose the Intercontinental to hold our Wedding and it was the best decision ever. Our review is a little late as we held our wedding on the 27/09/13. Sorry!!

As a control freak, at first I was apprehensive of holding our wedding in another country due to difficulties in communication and not being able just to pop in to see how everything was going... BUT, the team at Intercontinental made planning our Wedding so incredibly easy. Jane was our Wedding coordinator and she did the most amazing job, going over and above what was expected of her.

We decided to head over a week early, just so we could iron out any issues before our guests started arriving. Our package included private airport transfers, the car was fantastic and the driver was friendly, filling us in on what we had missed over the year between our visits, it's always nice to be greeted in this way!

Check-in was easy as usual, we arrived early morning & had booked the night before so we could check in to our room straight away, the flight from Perth is a long one... We had originally booked a lagoon view suite but were upgraded to a beachfront suite & the views are amazing. The room are as always we'll maintained, spotless and the suites are huge with Cleopatra baths in every room!!

Our guests began arriving a couple of days later & each guest was blown away with the resort. They loved the location, the rooms & the service. Not a single one had any complaints!!

We held a meet & greet for our guests the night before the Wedding. The food that was provided gave the guests a taste of what was to come on the Wedding day. The event was well staffed, drinks were following freely & our guests were well fed. We held the function on the grass behind the chapel & this was a fantastic location, the guest got to see an uninterrupted sunset whilst eating and drinking amazing food and beverages.

The Wedding day, still one of the best days of our lives. The ladies headed to the spa where we had hired the Orchard room to get ready. If getting married, I highly recommend hiring the room, there is so much space to get ready in and when you have hair and make-up and dresses, space is definitely needed. The boys started their day with a round of 9 at the golf course & then got ready in our room.

We held our ceremony on the Navo lawn, this area is a little more secluded & private, which is what we were after. The setup was amazing and it supplied the most amazing backdrop for our photos.

Photo opportunities for your wedding day are endless with the beautiful gardens, beaches and buildings. Our photos are absolutely amazing & each time I look at them, I'm wondering when can I get back!!

The reception was held in the Ballroom, we chose this location as it was private and other hotel guests weren't able to look in over our wedding (I like privacy). It also allowed us to go a little later into the night. We had organised a buffet meal for our guests & every single person was blown away with the quality and the choices they had. Running comment when it came to the food was best food served at a wedding. We organised the top beverage package which included cocktails & the service was amazing, people were not waiting long to be served their drinks & they were strong!!

The wedding packages the Intercontinental offer are wonderful, they include entertainment (we had fire dancers, highlight of the night & a fantastic way to break up the speeches so the guests don't get too bored).

Our whole 14 days at the resort were amazing, everything was over and above what we had expected and the staff at the intercontinental made us feel truly special. When we look back at our Wedding day and the trip, their are no if only they did this, or I wish this was a little better. We look back and thank the intercontinental for making it an easy two weeks and for fulfilling my dream wedding!!

We look forward to heading back at the end of this year for a delayed 1st year Wedding anniversary, we can't think of anywhere else we would rather be!!

Stayed September 2013
Bula Huia-Jade H,

Thank you for your wonderful review, and congratulations on your recent nuptials! We were thrilled to part of such a special time for you and your husband, and delighted to hear the whole event was as seamless and enjoyable as you had hoped.

I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback on to Jane and the team here at the resort, and we look forward to seeing you again at the end of the year!

Mitchelton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 days here in November 2013, we travelled with our 2 year old daughter and although this might not seem the obvious choice in Fiji with a family we could not have been happier. Great hotel, exceptional staff, very family friendly, great food and facilities.

We will definitely be back again.

Stayed November 2013
Bula B_rides1080,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the warm and genuine hospitality of our team.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to Natadola Bay in the near future. You may be interested to book on our website fiji.intercontinental.com for the best prices, guaranteed. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you do decide to return and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this resort for 1 week. we had booked 1 year ahead and thought with paying alot of money for a plunge pool room we would have an amazing view... We had a view of a road and trees to be able to see the beach we needed to be on the edge of the pool. Most of the staff are friendly. Beautiful gardens and views. We went to the beach for not even 10 minutes ONLY 2 TIMES in our stay because each time we stepped onto the sand the locals from the village would be trying to sell us anything and EVERYTHING!!!!!! I have never had this experience at any other 5 STAR resorts in Fiji. I called reception for a buggie to take us down to our car for the airport... I called 5 times every time the phone raing out finally someone pick up the phone on the 6th time of trying to call, defiantly NOT 5 STAR.... It is a beautiful place but it needs some changes.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Loz C
Bula Loz C,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sincerely disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your time with us and invite you to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com if you would like to discuss any of these points further.

We hope to one day welcome you back to our home here on Natadola Bay.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I traveled with my friend to Fiji for four nights in March 2014.

RESORT

We arranged a pick up from the airport and were greeted by Panto, who was extremely friendly and shared some of his stories on our trip to the resort.

We had an amazing experience. Sute checked us in and he was so friendly and helpful. He escorted us to our room and showed us around the resort. The gardens and pathways were immaculate and the staff all around the hotel were the nicest you could meet. The room was beautiful and had the most comfortable beds and pillows. Anytime I stay in a hotel, I don't sleep very well, however in the Intercontinental Fiji we slept all night through.

The staff at the pool-bar were also amazing, getting drinks when we needed. Ilai was very nice and always taking care of us.

We ate breakfast in Sanasana and it was beautiful - omelettes made to order!

We ate lunch daily in Toba and it was also nice.

We ate dinner in Navo on two different nights and the food was AMAZING! Everything about this restaurant was excellent. Watikini and the other staff that were working on our last night made it such a special experience when they sang a goodbye song to us. They really are the most friendly people I have ever met.

We also went to the spa and had some treatments done. This was really the only thing I could fault about the resort. we had a couples treatment for 2 hours. Unfortunately my masseuse spent quite a lot of time moving around the room, tidying it up and waiting on my friends masseuse to finish that it wasn't very relaxing. I feel that she should have spent the time on my treatment rather than sitting behind me waiting on the other to finish. It was distracting and this shouldn't be the case when receiving a treatment. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her treatment though. The spa facilities were beautiful though and we made use of them.

OUTSIDE OF RESORT

When you book this resort, be mindful that when you get there, there are no other resorts near by. You are on a secluded bay. It is beautiful but not within walking distance to anywhere. You eat breakfast/lunch and dinner at the resort.

You can organise trips with Concierge and you will receive a pick up from the resort.

I recommend the Sigatoka River Cruise - it was fantastic. You really experience Fijian culture.

All in all, my stay here was exceptional and I would definitely go back to this resort if I was in Fiji.

It was relaxing and we spent our entire trip on Fiji Time :-)

Room Tip: We had one of the Bures in front of the beach - Bure 10 it was lovely. Right beside the bar/lounge...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bula KatieFun,

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted to read that you and your friend had such a wonderful InterContinental Fiji experience and that you both really enjoyed our facilities and service. I was also thrilled to read that you enjoyed both your Navo dining experiences; as our signature restaurant it’s definitely a pleasurable way to spend an evening.

I was pleased to read that you both enjoyed our Spa InterContinental facilities and your feedback about your spa experience has been passed onto our Spa Manager to address. I will also forward your comments onto the team, especially Panto, Sute and Watikini, who will be thrilled to hear from you.

We would love to welcome you both back to our sunny shores again soon! Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next escape and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

A group of us stayed at the Intercontinental just recently and had three iphones stolen from us on the same night from separate rooms. The hotel have tried to tell us that this is not possible and we must be wrong but this is not the case. All three phones were left in the rooms as they were not required.

I will not be going back to Fiji and I will definitely never be staying at an Intercontinental ever again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
18 Thank DGerous
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear DGerous,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!