“Fabulous Fiji”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel is spread out amongst beautiful gardens. As well as a lovely Spa, the hotel has 2 pools - one for adults and one for children - which is great if you need time away from all the children.

We had a lagoon suite which had amazing views and was huge in size.

I especially liked the pre dinner cocktails whereby they provided entertainmnet as we watched the sun set. One night it would be drummers, one night it would be a choir - sat there with a drink in hand watching this made you realise how special the South Pacific is :)

This particular hotel has one of the best beaches on the island - lovely soft sand clear blue seas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TRAVELwithTrish
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Bula TRAVELwithTrish,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your partner had a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed our resort services and facilities. I was also thrilled to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy our evening entertainment at Kama Lounge – the tribal drumming and choir is truly a Fijian flare for a relaxing evening with a drink.

We look forward to see you on our sunny shores at Natadola Bay again soon. Please do not hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on another romantic escape and I will ensure that the team takes great care of you.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We read trip advisor reviews regularly and have come to the conclusion - not just on this occasion but many others - that these are only based on a persons individual opinion and should be taken as 'their opinion on what their expectations are' and not necessarily what others would rate the experience as. Phew long winded I know but looking at some prior to our departure we could have been a little apprehensive based on the dollars we were spending and had we picked the right resort. Well.....OUR experience was fabulous!! Seven nights early March - Club Plunge Pool. Our package included transfers, bf, high tea, canapés and cocktails for two hours (awesome), resort credit and of course friendly staff that just added to the enjoyment of out holiday. Nothing was too much hassle. Our room was superb, club experience and meals etc were divine. Eroni I'm still remembering your infectious giggle and 'hello Kylie....' You made me feel welcome and special. But you were just one of so many of your colleagues that did the same - the staff at IC are one of the hugest assets in my opinion. Rambling I know so bullets points of the definite positives: staff, room, buggy service (and it's so not far to walk down hill - not so great upwards but you could do and the carts were always readily available). Food in Navo - fine dining restaurant. Club experience rocked. Laundry package - definitely worth it. Size of plunge pool. Club pool and family pool in main resort was great size too. Negatives - housekeeping did not arrive one day, towels taken on occasion and not replaced at turndown, hot water took ten minutes to get to room, slow and hit and miss wi-if. Resort credit was same if you stayed four nights or seven. Very picky things and not at all detrimental to overall stay. We pre-purchased at priority privilege card and this was well worth it - also we will use again during year. We have stayed in Fiji five times previously - a various selection of resorts - Liku Liku, Hilton, Radisson, Outrigger, Sofitel. We don't generally go back somewhere we have been BUT would we go back - yes! Would we recommend - YES but please all remember this is based on us and what our expectations were and the experience we received at a time of the year when occupancy was low.

Room Tip: Upon investigation I would like villa 32 in the club area as we had requested sea views and that ap...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Bula Kylie H,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at Club InterContinental. I was delighted to read that you and your partner had a great stay with us and enjoyed your Club InterContinental package and benefits – it is truly an intimate and luxurious way to spend a holiday. I was also thrilled to read that you have made use of your priority privilege membership. Your comments regarding housekeeping have been noted and passed onto the department head to address and I do apologise for any inconvenience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay for another romantic escape soon. I invite you to email me when you plan your next trip and I will see that you are well taken care off once more.

Vinaka & regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have just returned for a wonderful 6 night stay (march) , this being our third time in 20mths. Very quiet as out of peak season and Aus school holidays so def the time to go if you don't want children around! However with the few that were around and the activities available we never once heard the words "I'm bored" come out of our 3 children's mouths! (8,6 and 3). The gardens create seclusion for every room, the beach is divine and like the pools, warm. We did snorkelling through the hotel and costs were $12 aus for a couple of hrs, that was all the kids needed. We did horse riding with the locals and a cave tour, they do ask you along the beach, if you're not interested don't be wishy washy, be firm, otherwise they will keep asking :). As an aside horses no longer go along the front of the resort so you no longer dodge parcels along the beach! The resort is about 45mins from the airport but you can hire a taxi to take you to Sigatoka or Nadi and at very reasonable prices. We have noticed since our last visit that the staff seem a lot more comfortable and proficient in their jobs. We never encountered any wait times or confusion and they definitely enhanced our holiday.
Returning this time we stayed in a 2bed club plunge apartment, huge! You could easily add two rollerways to the dining area and not even notice them! The club house was divine but for the enjoyment of other guests we rarely used the pool with the children instead having a buggy take us down to the amazing family pool, where all ages could use it and be within parental eye and earshot. The butlers, wait staff, room attendants and of course buggy drivers were beautiful.
Navo was divine and buffet nights were great as was breakfast (time to control calorie intake again!) My suggestion would be to put some sandwiches/rolls on the menu. Kids bento boxes were great at $10aud and could include toasties and salad if requested.
We had a couple of treatments; I fell asleep so they must of been great, and the prices were comparable to a chain spa like Endota.
Only con: room maintenance needs to be done, 4 globes blown, remotes not working and slight tears in a blind. Def not enough to change my 5 star rating of the place. Vinaka see you next March

Room Tip: All rooms will give you privacy and are large, Lagoon side are the quietest and poolside/garden room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank tewalker
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Bula tewalker,

The team and I were delighted to welcome you back to your little home in paradise for your third stay. I was thrilled to read your family enjoyed our Club InterContinental facilities – I have to agree, the two bedroom suites are perfect for families. I was also pleased to read that you felt our team took wonderful care of your family, and that you enjoyed an intimate dinner at our signature restaurant, Navo.

You comment about room maintenance has been forwarded to our rooms department to address and I do apologise for any inconvenience.

We look forward to your next visit to our sunny shores in March next year. Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com and the team and I will be delighted to welcome you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This Hotel is stunning. The Hotel is very big, but you do not notice, you feel like you are in your own little paradise. The beach is beautiful and the pool is very relaxing. It was so lovely to sit, watch the sunset and drink cocktails. The rooms are very spacious and have an outside area which can be shut off for privacy.
There are a few different restaurants at the Hotel, I recommend Tabo by the pool, there is a lot to choice from and the prices are decent. We went to Novo once, the location was good but it was overpriced for what you got. The Karma Lounge is great for a sunset cocktail and every night they provide entertainment for you, which is great to watch. The buffet Breakfast is good, there is a lot to choice from. We got room service a few of the days which was also quite good.
We did have a problem with the lady at checkin, who was not helpful and was not what you we would expect from a five star hotel, but other than that the staff at the hotel are lovely, some of the nicest people I have ever met.
The Hotel is located a far way away from anything, although it is very easy to hire a care and drive around if you want to see more of the real Fiji. The snorkeling around the hotel is great, we brought our own snorkeling stuff but the hotel does do snorkeling activities at a cost and they take you out on a boat.
We didn't go to the spa, although we really wanted to, it was just too expensive. There are ladies outside the hotel who offer beach massages but we didn't get a chance to try them.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, I can't wait to go back there one day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Bula emdtravel88,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you and your partner had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our rooms and facilities. Kama Lounge is definitely a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunsets at Natadola Bay. I was also pleased to read that you also enjoyed our dining options, especially Toba Bar & Grill.

Your comment regarding your check-in experience has been forwarded to our front office to ensure that this does not reoccur, and I am delighted you found our team warm and hospitable.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our sunny shores here at Natadola Bay soon. Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next getaway and I will see that the team takes excellent care of you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We took our two boys (aged 5 & 7) here for 5 days before school went back (Jan 14) - amazing! They had a ball, and so did we! We had stayed at the resort previously without kids, but would equally recommend it with or without little ones! They LOVED the kids club, had endless hours in the pool, and the food and restaurants catered really well for them. An absolutely stunning property and now the only place we'll go back to (with or without the kids!) Thank you... and we will be back ;-)

Room Tip: poolside with the kids is great... handy if you need to whip back during the day, and lovely and qui...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Bula B10ndie007,

Thank you for your short but lovely review. We were thrilled to read that your family had a wonderful time during your second holiday with us and that your two boys really enjoyed our Planet Trekkers services.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your little home here in paradise again soon. I invite you to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next holiday and I will see that you and your family are well looked after once more.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here in February 2014 and had an awesome time we came for our honeymoon and were extremely pleased with every aspect of the resort every staff member we met was polite, accommodating and very friendly we were particularly impressed by the staff at toba bar and grill who really made an effort to make our dining experiences memorable and the food was top notch the resort was extremely well kept and I believe it is truly a 5 star experience .from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we had the time of our lives . Make sure you keep the bar stocked with plenty of JD cause we will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: We had a pool view room and thought it was the pick of them all centrally located to everything
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alyssa M
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Bula Alyssa,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent experience with us. We were thrilled that we were able to make your honeymoon a very special and memorable occasion and that you were delighted with our food and beverage offerings at our Toba Bar & Grill restaurant.

Your comments have been passed on to the team who are always excited to hear from our guests.

We would love to welcome you back to our little home in paradise again soon! Feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and we’ll be sure to have plenty of Jack Daniels on hand as requested!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I recently visited Fiji for the first time in late february and it was my first stay at the Intercontinental! It was such an amazing hotel, very contemporary and large too with a really relaxed feel to it.

February isn't the peak time for travelling to Fiji so the hotel wasn't busy, but I loved it, the pools weren't over crowded and we always managed to get a nice shady spot by the main adults pool. I would highly recommend visiting during this quiet time! We were lucky with the weather too, it was sunny every day until the very last day of our stay it started raining.

The staff are exceptional and really friendly and welcoming! One thing I would fault however is that they always cleaned our room, even when we put a 'do not disturb' sign on our door, the ladies would knock and ask if we needed room service, it was very nice but quite annoying too.

There are 3 restaurants at the hotel, the main one by the pools was our favourite. Food prices are generally high and not really worth it but nonetheless the service was absolutely exceptional! Our waiter named 'vatamo' was amazing and really went out of his way to ensure a pleasant dining experience for us. On our last day they serenaded us, which they do to everyone on their last night, very lovely! The resort itself is quite isolated, around 45mins from Nadi airport so, dining options were limited but the food was great!

The beach is amazing too, beautiful clear waters and we managed to swim out a bit and find some reefs which were awesome for snorkelling!! The hotel really has so much to do and if you stayed here, you don't really need to book a day trip. They have snorkelling, kayaks/paddleboards and surfing lessons available. There are some locals further down the beach which offer horse rides along the beach (really amazing, just negotiate with them for a cheap price) there are also massages available, a gym to use, beautiful infinity pool which is adults only and a really cool bar aswell with something going on every night (fire dancing, live bands, kava tasting)

Overall the hotel is amazing, definately a 5 star resort! Perfect for all ages, there was a mix of families, couples, groups of friends etc, so its suitable for everyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charleneweaver

Bula charleneweaver,

Thank you for your lovely review and recommendation. I was so pleased to read that we made you and your partner’s first holiday in Fiji a wonderful and memorable one. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms, facilities and our beach with its crystal clear waters.

Your comments about the resort and team have been passed on, especially to Vatamo who I’m sure will be thrilled to hear from you. I have also forwarded your comment regarding housekeeping on to our rooms department to ensure this does not reoccur, I do apologise for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our crystal clear waters here at Natadola Bay again soon. Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next beachside escape and I will see that the team takes great care of you.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!