“Great Hotel, Great Staff but less Fiji”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is amazing with fantastic staff, great facilities and especially since we went as a couple we were able to enjoy the adults pool.

Just a mental note that if you want to sit by the adult pool under the shade you need to put your towel there early. I would go in the morning and do some laps up and down the pool and most of the seats already had towels hanging on the chairs to reserve them even though no one was to be seen in or by the pool at 8am.

The surf out the front is great to be on long boards so if you did not bring your own board I would suggest sorting boards early during the day.

My partner went and played Golf on the VJ Singh course which he suggested that if you are not a pro golfer maybe take more balls than usual because if you hit of course you may not be able to get them back so you have to go all the way back to the club house. I would also suggest take a camera on the golf course and have lunch there too.

As for the ladies....Go to the SPA and pamper yourself. You will feel amazing!!!

My only problem with the hotel was the pure fact that you saw no traditional dancing like the "meke" and there was no traditional music played unless you went breakfast in the main area and listened to the same CD. They actually have live music which the group are amazing but Fijians are best with guitar and singing Fijian Hymns or more traditional music.

It was kind of like being in a hotel and I could be anywhere in the world.....The only reason I knew i was in Fiji was because of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natalie t
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Bula natalie t,

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience at our resort and that you enjoyed the gentle surf of Natadola Bay. I was also pleased to read that our team took great care of you and that you enjoyed their world renowned Fijian hospitality.

I was also thrilled to read that you had time for a round of golf at our championship Natadola Bay Golf Course - it's certainly very picturesque!

Next time you return to our sunny shores I highly recommend experiencing our Sanasna village choir performance on Monday evening, as well as the traditional “meke” on Thursday and our traditional torch lighting ceremony at sunset. We look forward to seeing you back to our home in paradise soon! Please email me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in the Intercontinental Fiji in February of 2014, at this time of the year there was not a lot of people there and as a result we were priority guests. the service was great, everything arrived very quickly and there was a great selection of food and drinks.

the bad thing about this time of year being quite is that there is not much of night life, no one was at the bar past 8pm so after dinner most nights we went back to our room and watched tv, which was fine but you're not excited for your night besides the food.

The room was amazing with a great view! the cleaners came in twice a day to make or remake the bed. only negative things was there were a few ants in the room, but nothing major.

there is a variety of things to do during the day, a lot of water sports and also a great Spa experience. relaxing by the adults only infinity pool was our favourite thing to do though, and the water temperature was perfect!

The food was great, a lot of variety, though i would say that the buffet is a bit expensive for what it is ($90 fijian not including drinks). We went to the Toba bar and grill a couple of times during the week which worked out a lot cheaper than doing the buffet. At the Toba bar and grill we would pay less for both food and drinks compared to the buffet. the breakfast buffet was very good!!

Room Tip: Block 13 is close to everything with a slight view of the beach too even though it is a garden view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S_grima93

Bula S_grima93,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us a lovely review. I was delighted to read that you had a relaxing experience at our resort and that you made the most of our facilities and service. I was also pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience at our Spa, and that you enjoyed dining at Sanasana and Toba Bar & Grill.

Your comments have been passed on to the team who are always excited to hear from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay soon. Please email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next vacation and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was our second visit to this resort and again the stay was fantastic. Previously we had stayed in a Beachfront suite. This time we left our booking to the last minute and since no beachfront suites were available we stayed at the Club ( with plunge pool)
The Club is situated a little walk from the beach but the quiet breakfasts and evening cocktails and entertainment made the short walk worthwhile.
The staff are always very helpful, the accommodation is very comfortable and the location is beautiful.
Tips -
If you don't want to walk back to the Club, walk to reception and a buggy will be waiting to take you there.
Make sure you go to the evening cocktails, the entertainment is fantastic and changes each night.
Take advantage of the complimentary drinks throughout the day. We really appreciated the chilled bottled water.
If you need anything, the staff at the Club are more than willing to help with anything - special requests for breakfast, dining booking etc. You just need to ask.
Make sure you visit the Spa at least once.
Dine at Navo at sunset.
Another great relaxing family holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank familyoffour60
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Bula familyoffour60,

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to read that this was your second stay with us and that this time you experienced and made the most of our Club InterContinental service and facilities. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our evening cocktails and entertainment.

Your comments have been forwarded to the team, especially the Itokani butlers, who will be thrilled to hear from you. We look forward to welcome you back to your home away in paradise for another relaxing holiday soon. Please contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you plan your next getaway and I would be delighted to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed for 8 nights in August 2013. I had previously stayed at Hilton and Radisson on Denarau and this resort just as nice, if not better. And it is located on beautiful Natodola beach. As long you understand that there is nothing else around, its a great resort for couples or families. Great place to chill out and have a relaxing beach holiday. We had a 4 and 6 year old and the kids club was the best we have seen in Fiji. The resort is new-ish and the basic Garden View rooms a big and have an outdoor bath too. Both the kids and adults pools are massive. I have been to Treasure and Castaway Islands and while the snorkelling is not quite the same as the islands, it is still very nice and worthwhile. The sand is white and clean and the water crystal clear. A good combination to experience resort style accomodation with beatuful Fijian beaches. The restaurants are what you expect from a big resort. Nice, not cheap but not too expensive. We bought a Priority Privilege card for $300 and this was well worth it. We saved on accomodation and each meal time gave us 50% off. We booked a Garden view room. Some of these rooms a further back in the resort. We were in block 11 which was an awesome location. Right near the beach and you actuall had a water view from your outdoor patio. I would book the same room again. The staff were nice and friendly but the resort maybe could have added a few touches like more flame torches, just to make it feel a bit more Fijiian. The only criticism is the expesive costs for the outdoor non-motorised activities like snorkeling equipment and kayak hire. These really should be free.
One night we got one of the local villagers to create a beach bbq for us (I think her name was Una) and it was one of the most memorable nights. We paid her per head and it wasn't expensive, but reasonable. They set up a table for us on the sand. We had a banquet and then they light a massive bonfire on the beach. We sang songs and drank with the local villagers, played some touch rugby and partied the night away. Our kids also had great fun playing with the local kids that night.

I'd go back to the Intercontinental in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Book a Garden View room and request block 11, 12, , 22 or 23
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CoolCat75
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Bula CoolCat75,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I was thrilled to read that you and your family had such a wonderful time at the resort, which certainly offers the magic of an outer island experience right here on the mainland. I am glad you enjoyed so many of the facilities our resort has to offer, as well as genuinely friendly nature of the Fijian people.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team who always look forward to hear from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com once you've decided on your next travel dates and I will make sure the team takes great care of you once again.

Vinaka & Regards

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel is lovely and is set on land still owned and worked by an existing village.... as such the villagers are allowed to operate on the beachfront and offer horse rides/boat rides to guests, which was a little misleading at first (were they part of the approved experience?)... no big deal, but some were quite aggressive in trying to sell which I found just offputting.

The hotel is nice but really setup for couples and families with very adult children who can fend for themselves. Athough there are facilities for younger kids.... you just don't get the sense families with kids are the target market. The room was great and modern and had a cool outdoor bath/spa, and was private all round - you could walk onto the beach, where we occasionally saw security walking past - although the 3rd bed for my youngest didn't really fit in the room so it felt cramped overall.

The main restaurant - Tora Bar - was great value, the main restaurant for breakfast was great but hit and miss for themes (ignore fish night, roast night is great, curry night average), and overall the experience was better than OK but not by much.

The beach itself POUNDS with surf - for strong swimmers only - but the selection of pools is great and the main one is only 1.2m deep so most kids will be happy. The jets of water are great to stand under and let them pound your back and shoulders :-)

My take is the hotel is still working on finding it's soul and it was a little corporate American business hotel (with prices to match), but for those who don't have young kids and a good disposable income it's a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Bula antoniosk,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your family enjoyed dining at our Toba Bar & Grill restaurant by the pool. I was also pleased to read that your family enjoyed the main family pool. One of the wonderful aspects of Natadola Beach is that it offers conditions for swimmers of all skill levels along its 2km, as well as some surf breaks a little further up the far end - great fun for all! We also appreciate your feedback on your dining and room experience, which has been forwarded to the appropriate department heads.

We look forward to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise in the near future. Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide your next trip and I will see that your family is well looked after once again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Nice new hotel with amazing service. Beautiful property. The beach is beautiful with nice calm water. Perfect for families. Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Staff is friendly and attentive. Paradise!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank owensho

Bula owensho,

Thank you for your lovely review! I was thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful time with us on Natadola Bay and enjoyed so many aspects of our resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please feel free to email me on Scott.Williams@ihg.com when you're looking to return and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel I have stayed at several times.
It lacks the intimacy of an island experience and feels like a commercial hotel anywhere in the world but the rooms, the pool and the spa are gorgeous. Navo restaurant is a standout. There are some issues with internal communication and follow through but everyone is welcoming and Fijian friendly.
Very relaxing stay although a little too quiet in the evenings.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Bagule
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Bula Bagule,

Thank you for your review. As a returning guest we are thrilled to receive your valuable feedback. I was pleased to read your found the resort relaxing and facilities appealing. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed dining at our award winning signature restaurant Navo- truly an experience not to be missed while at Natadola Bay.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team here at the resort, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.
Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will have the team take great care of you once again.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,
Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!