“Paradise”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I booked this 8 day holiday as a surprise for hubby and there is no other word except paradise for this beautiful resort. Huge, beautifully appointed room, stunning grounds, fresh and exceptional food in every restaurant, stunning infinity pool and perfect options for water sports, experiencing the culture and having a wonderful holiday. But the real jewel of this spectacular resort is the staff. Without exception, friendly, helpful and beautiful people who made us feel like royalty our whole stay. We will be back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam S
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Bula Sam S,

Thank you for your short but lovely review about our resort. I was happy to read that you and your husband enjoyed your holiday in paradise here with us. I was pleased to read that you found our location stunning and that you experienced the wonderful warm hospitality of our team.

It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and we look forward to your next trip down to your little home in paradise. Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next holiday dates as we would be thrilled to welcome you both once more.

Scott Williams

Write a ReviewReviews (2,767)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spend 4 nights at the club at Intercontinental Fiji, we were delighted to be upgraded to a plunge pool room.
The rooms are great nice and big, we enjoyed the pool at the room same as we enjoyed the pool at the club! The service at the club is always very good, despite the fact that at the time to check out took more than 30 min + Fiji time to sort the bill!
Overall the club is fantastic. The hotel facilities are good but the is limitation with the meals/ restaurant options, only 3 restaurants at the resort; More than 4 nights and you run out of meal options!
The golf course is great well kept and enjoyable course, the is some limit inaction with the transportation to the course and also with the tee times. I called the golf course more tan a month before to set up my tee time, I asked and requested the first tee time which was 7:30, to my surprise the second day I arrive I was told the the first tee available was at 7:20. Not being very happy about it the pro at the club fixed the problem for me they made sure we played as requested! On the other hand it was sad to see in a professional golf course to see a group of 8 ( 2 groups of 4 at one single time) it appear to be a group of koreans that ignored the course rules.

Overall we love the hotel and the service and we will more than happy to return to the Intercontinental fiji!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good well designed hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Juan R

Bula Juan R,

Thank your for writing a review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed our luxurious Club rooms and our Club InterContinental facilities. I was also pleased to read that your enjoyed our golf course - we're very excited that the 2014 Fiji International is to be hosted there this year!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort! Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and when you decide on your next dates of travel and I will see that our team takes great care of you once again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is a long way from anything, more like a little village of its own. Architectually it left me cold. It is all greys. It did not reflect the warmth of the south Pacific. Other than disliking the cold hard exteriors, the room was very nice modern, the resturants were excellent. I could see it as a great family venue or even grand weddings. But for a couple of romantics it was quite the wrong place. It is huge. There are many very large buildings. Not for the adventurer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in a building close to the lobby or you have a long walk. We were in the 1300'...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dskusvi

Bula Dskusvi,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to read that you found aspects of your stay enjoyable- particularly our world-class dining experiences.

I was a little disappointed to read you didn't enjoy the resort as a couple however. I do hope our romantic experiences, such as couples spa treatments, private in room dining and exclusive canaba dining were made available to you. When you do stay with us again I also highly recommend our Club InterContinental facility which offers privacy, seclusion and unprecedented luxuries to ensure your stay intimate and romantic. AS our ‘resort within a resort’ Club InterContinental offers adult-only sunset cocktails & canapés at our Club InterContinental Lounge.

Please do not hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you both on our sunny shores for a truly romantic experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Booked a 1 bedroom suite club room with plunge pool, private airport pickup, $800 resort credit and stayed between Christmas and New Years eve 2013.

- Room was excellent, clean and well furnished
- Shower, choice of massage or rainforest heads,i would have liked a little more water pressure
- Staff were always friendly, helpful, courteous and happy
- Private pickup, land cruiser was clean, cold wash clothes and bottle waters were a nice touch
- Security patrolled the resort and if you looked hard enough there are security cameras
- Toilets around the resort were always spotless
- Four shops including a small convenience store
- 3 restaurants, Navo for adults, Sanasana for families and couples and Toba for couples and families
- Navo, good breakfast, our dinner was about AUD$200 for 2 adults
- Sanasana, biggest choice for breakfast, dinner is al a carte or themed smorgasbord, dinners are about AUD$120 for 2 adults
- Toba Bar and Grill, our dinner cost AUD$80
- We requested copies of menus prior to booking, I am a fussy eater :-)
- Restaurants weren't over busy, but the secret is to book
- We enjoyed the exclusivity of the club access, free cocktails, beer, wine and appetizers in the evenings, free soft drinks (please add zero coke to the list) and water all day. Ability to have breakfast and lunch away with from the main restaurants.
- When they say adults only pool, this is enforced, which is good to see
- Staff continually going the extra mile to help
- Daily activity sheets about what is going on around the resort

Things we learnt after the fact,
- Get a weekly activity sheet, so you don't miss the events
- Club members get a discount at the day spa
- Club members get free use of the mini bar

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone from couples to families

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clazman

Bula Clazman,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a detailed review about our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your partner had a great experience during your stay and that you made use of the privileges of our exclusive Club InterContinental facilities. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed having an intimate breakfast at Navo during the festive season!

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team who are always delighted to hear from our guests.

Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide you wish to return to our sunny shores and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you both once more.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I would really like to thank the Executive Management and all the staff of the Intercontinental Fiji for all the thought, energy and time they put into the preparation for New Year's Eve celebrations at the hotel last night.
Sitting with my daughter and our very dear and close friend, enjoying the breathtaking view and ambience of Navo while partaking of a sumptuous Degustation Menu was only the beginning of what was to become one of the Best New Year's Eve nights ever.
It was a fantastic success with young and old getting into the swing of things.
The entertainment was top class. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight were spectacular.
The property, which is already one of the most amazing hotel locations one could dream of, looked absolutely stunning with the Purple Theme throughout. The gifts to the rooms to ensure each guest were well and truly in the Purple Mood was a great idea.
Keeping the Planet Trekkers, which kids of all ages love, open till after midnight allowed all the families to make the most of the wonderful time. Every guest with whom I spoke were overwhelmed by the WHOLE SHOW!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Bula landofmanypossums,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was a pleasure to have your and your family stay with us for our New Year celebrations, which I thoroughly enjoyed as well! I was thrilled to read that your family had a phenomenal time with us and enjoyed seeing in the New Year in InterContinental Fiji style, as well as your dining experience at Navo. Thank you also for showing your appreciation of our staff and the management team. I have passed your comments on to the team who looks forward to welcome you back to your little home here in paradise. Please do feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and we will be delighted to assist you with your next booking with us.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great resort! We stayed half our stay in the regular part of the resort and then checked out the Club Intercontinental which is up on the hill. Both parts of the resort are lovely but if you are not travelling with kids, I recommend the Club. You then have a area for breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails which has a fantastic view and its own pool which is nice and quite. Navo restaurant is also a must, we ended up going there every second night. It is however the staff that make the place they are fantastic. Special thanks to Brendan, Scott and Evelyn.

This is the best resort on the island, not too busy and it's not surrounded by mega resorts like Denarau, it also has great beaches. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulJRCurtis

Bula UnclePooh,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I was delighted to read that you had the opportunity to experience accommodation at both the main resort and at Club InterContinental – as Fiji’s only ‘resort within a resort’ it certainly is a tranquil, intimate way to enjoy Natadola Bay. Our InterContinental Itokani (At Your Side) Butlers will be thrilled to hear your lovely comments and I will certainly pass your feedback on to Brendan and Evelyn as well.

Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return to our sunny shores and I will see that our team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We just finished a week long holiday at this resort and absolutely loved it. The only gripe we would have about the place (which may not be an issue if you just want to stay on the property) is that it's a little far from town.

PROPERTY- 10 out of 10 -> very well manicured and taken care off; lots of lighting immaculate, breathtaking and lush tropical landscapes abound. Our 7 year old daughter loved the frogs which come out onto the greens at night

ROOM- 9 out of 10 --> very nice furniture, ample lighting and outlets, excellent bath and vanity, love the outdoor patio with the Victorian tub. Very nice touch. Only reason we give this 9 out of 10 is we wished there was more drawers and space in the rooms

STAFF - 10 out of 10 --> so nice and friendly, everyone says "Bula" when they see you, many are funny, and you get the impression they genuinely care for your well being and comfort. Love the Children's hermit crab race in the afternoon.

FOOD - 9 out of 10-> Quality was nice; chef was very very accommodating. Breakfast is 10 out of 10 on it's own. Only reason I would give it 9 out of 10 is because the vegetarian options were fairly limited and the same items got a bit boring.

ACTIVITIES - 10 out of 10 -> We only took advantage of the snorkel and glass bottom boat which we very much enjoyed and was well worth it. Staff was super friendly and even dived down to grab a starfish and show us the magic coral. My wife does not swim and he pulled her with a buoy through the whole event.

FACILITIES 8 out of 10 --> Gym was outstanding; Endless pool was really breathtaking but they don't allow kids there so we did not get to use it. The family pool was nice, but I felt they could have done a better job of putting waterslides but they made up for it through games in the water like water polo.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kranjan

Bula kranjan,

Thank you for taking the time to review for our resort so thoroughly. I was thrilled to read that you and your family had a lovely experience with us during your one week holiday. I was also pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and that your family had a great time on our snorkel and glass bottom boat tour and experienced the warm hospitality of our staff.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team who are always excited to hear from our guests and we would love for the opportunity to welcome your family back to our little home in paradise in the near future. Please do not hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you again.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!