I stayed here for 6 nights & while it is a beautiful resort, I probably wouldn't return. I experienced just enough negatives to be put off this resort.
A big downer about this place was that there were men all over the beach out front who constantly pestered us to pay for a horse ride. It got to the point where I didn't even want to go & relax on or near the beach. All I wanted to do was close my eyes & relax, but I couldn't because we were approached every few minutes! If the resort were to stop this, I would consider returning.
Upon checking out my card was charged twice by the person on the desk who told me that the first transaction didn't go through, but it did & I am glad I checked my bank as soon as I arrived home. It was quite a large amount too, so I was really unhappy, & had to make phone calls back to the resort from Australia to have the problem fixed.
I also found that there was very little variety in terms of food choices in the resort, & because you are quite a fair way from anything, you don't really have a choice but to eat there. Upon arriving, it was late & we were starving so we went to the Tabo Bar & Grill. We waited 45 minutes for a bowl of chips, & there was no-one else waiting for food! It was quite obvious they took our order & then just forgot. The food wasn't the best at the eateries in the resort. The exception was the beautiful Navo restaurant. I had an absolutely amazing dinner & cocktails there, & our waiter was fantastic.
More on the plus side, the room was amazing. Located right out front of the beach, with a beautiful outdoor bath tub & sun lounges. The Kama Lounge is also a pretty cool place to chill out with a drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka