Like most things in life - you get what you pay for. The intercontinental is not a cheap resort and if you are travelling with a family, I'd suggest staying at another hotel. However, if you are travelling as a couple, I would highly recommend this resort.
We recently stayed 5 nights and broke up our stay with two nights in a lagoon view room and 3 nights in a club room.
The lagoon view room was well appointed, quiet and private. I would definately recommend the lagoon or ocean view room as oppossed to a garden or pool view room. All rooms seem to have an outdoor bath, therefore, the privacy of the lagoon view room was nice.
Staying in the Club room felt like staying in your own exclusive resort. We had our own plunge pool which I would highly recommend. The floor space of the club rooms are huge compared with other rooms.
The facilities of the resort are fantasic. Nice adults only pool and club pool, we didn't venture into the main pool which caters mainly to families.
The resturant's are limited. Toba is pretty good. However, if you can afford the price, I would go to Navo each night depending on the length of your stay. There are no other resturants close to the resort that I'm aware of.
The club room offers free canapes and drinks between 5:30pm to 7:30pm each night. The view and sunset from the club room is second to none.
The only real negatives of the resort is the (Fiji Time) service, while friendly, is still slow...although not as bad as other Fijian resorts that I have stayed. The exemption being the service in Navo restaurant which was excellent. The complimentary glass of sparkling for our one year wedding anniversary was a nice touch.
The other issue, which I'm sure has been mentioned in other reviews, is the wind. We had perfect sunny days at 30 degrees; however, the wind chill factor did make the pools a litle cool at times due to the position of the resort and lack of wind protection.
All, in all, a very pleasant stay and I would definately come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka