“Loved our stay”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It was my first trip to Fiji. We stayed in the resort for two nights. I loved everything from our room to their excellent service. Our room was in the front with view of the water. Extremely clean resort, beautiful pools and sandy beaches. However I was very disappointed that the resort charged for wi-fi. Charging such high rates for the rooms, they should offer their guests free Internet service...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Bula Vinaka GEORGIA062,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our resort. I was thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your first time in Fiji and that we were able to share this little piece of paradise with you. I have to agree, Natadola Beach is a truly breathtaking location.

I will be sure to forward your comments on to the team who are always looking forward to feedback from our guests. It may also interest you to know that from 2014 all for our IHG Rewards Club members will be entitles to complimentary internet.

We look forward to welcoming you to the resort once again. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on visiting us and I'll see that the team takes great care of you once again.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from Sep 1st to 7th. After returning to Foshan China, the stunning view on the Natadola beach still lingers on my mind everyday. It took around 30-40 mins from port denarau to the hotel with a taxi charge about FJD80. None of the beaches of the hotels near denarau could be compared with InterCon's. It's just so clean & quiet. The overall service here was good & attentive, staffs were helpful & cared about your any inquiry or need. The hotel has a lot of activities for guests to be "In The Know" on Fijian culture, I enjoyed the Kava tasting session, the fire dance & drum performance with happy hour drink very much. Food at the pool side restaurant tastes good, I tried the Indian theme buffet dinner as well yet not quite impressive, probably it's just personal preference issue. Anyway, I had a wonderful time in this hotel, and will definitely choose to return again on my next trip to Fiji. Vinaka!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Bula Vinaka Yvo_MaNiaC,

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at our resort and had the opportunity to experience our world-class service and the enriching 'in-the-know' activities. We are quite fortunate to call this little piece of paradise our home. In your next visit I highly recommend an afternoon at our neighbouring Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course- the views from the course are magnificent.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team who are always keen to hear the responses of our guests. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in the Club part of the resort, you pay extra, but the package has a lot of inclusions. Firstly, private transfers, great, because the resort is 45 to 60 mins from airport depending on traffic (speed limit 60, so not many cars but slow and limited opportunities for passing). The Club is situated on the hill away from the main part of the resort and has separate facilities including check in, infinity pool, breakfast and lunch. Our Bure is fabulous in size, so roomy, interior decor extremely well thought out, great touches I'd love to include in my own home. Best of all it includes a good size private plunge pool, perfect. To continue with the inclusions, butler service, non alcoholic beverages, high tea at 3 to 4.30pm (yep the traditional 3 tier stand with little sammies, scones fruit preserves and cream, plus tarts, slices etc) and 5.30 to 7.30pm (children under 12 not allowed during this time) canapes (varied each night hot and cold, excellent) and selected cocktails, wine or beer (2hrs hits the spot). Obviously, we are able to use the facilities in the whole resort accessed by a chauffeur driven golf cart or a short easy walk down the hill (stepped). We did this for dining for 4 of our 8 nights, Toba Bar and Grill and Navo both of which I hope to be able to review separately, but quickly, both were fine. Overall, very happy with our stay and would return to the Club.

Room Tip: If you can the plunge pool options are great, albeit on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juddster1
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Bula Vinaka Juddster1,

Thank you for taking a moment for reviewing our resort. I was delighted to read that you had the opportunity to experience and thoroughly enjoy the world class service we provide up at Club InterContinental. I have to agree - the picturesque views and the plunge pools truly are spectacular.

I will sure pass on your lovely comments to the team who are always looking forward to hear from our guests. We will be excited to welcome you back once again to our resort. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will see that our team takes great care of you.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Unfortunately a few contradictions here. The location, rooms and general resort amenity are all very very good. A short journey to and from the airport, a fabulous golf course, nightly entertainment, generally good service standards and helpful staff combine to warrant a 4.5 to 5 star rating.

The downside for us, a couple, was that this resort has now also become a place where kids stay play, eat and annoy the hell out of all the other guests all for free. Intercontinental have joined, like many other Fijian resorts, this marketing ploy and it's definitely working. During our stay it felt like one giant mothers group with entertainment thrown in.

There is an adults only pool and pool deck area but on several occasions some parents decided they would disregard the adults only status and let their kids use these facilities too. The pool attendants are vigilant to this but obviously tire of engaging in the predictable ensuing conflict when they have to ask children to leave.

Food and drinks, if expensive, even given the exchange rate, are of high quality; the nightly/lunch time bands and entertainment were excellent.

All in all, a very nice resort but if you're looking for a retreat/honeymoon/couples experience consider elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Graeme S

Bula Vinaka Graeme56,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the resort's services and facilities. Thank you also for highlighting your experience, as we do cater to both the couples and family market we have designed a selection of intimate couple's experiences such as private in-room dining, beachside cabana-dining, Cleopatra bathing rituals, adults only sunset cocktails & canapes and much more. I also highly recommend our exclusive Club InterContinental - our resort within a resort- for those seeking ultimate seclusion and privacy.

We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback and I will be sure to pass this onto the team at the resort to ensure we continue to provide our guests with the prefect resort experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to pay us a visit again and I';; have the team take wonderful care of you.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is written on the last day of our five day vacation in InterContinental resort in Fiji. I really have nothing to do but write my experience down in my Notes so that when I fly back to US I can easily post it.

First impression was fantastic. Beautiful buildings, full of Fiji style. Nice beach, nice looking room. But thing get little weird a few moment latter. The carpet on the floor was very dirty. Low quality beddings. They are very wet and uncomfortable through all the five days. Most horrible part in the room is the bathroom. It is smelly! It smells like the toilet in those local village in Fiji. I checked every corner they were all clean. Other than that, the pillows are dirty and they never change it during my stay there.

Service section. Porter was nice but be advised, tips is encouraged in Fiji! The introduction on the airplane said tips is not encouraged in Fiji which is totally not true unless you want to get embarrassing. Reception was unbelievably bad! The young ladies there were totally having no idea what to do there. When I walked to her, two of them were talking to each other until I stand in front of them for like 10 sec. Then one of them asked me to take a seat. I started to explain them my issue(late check out). Trust me I was very nice and always very nice to strangers like them. Both two ladies were not looking at me and kept talking to each other through the whole time I were talking to them! Such an disrespectful reception isn't it! I got a little mad so I asked them "do you have time to talk to me?" Then one of them said to another one, "he ask me if I have time to talk to him!" And then, laugh at me together! Can you even imaging a hotel, I haven't even mention this is a five star hotel, could have a reception like this! Finally they pass me to another guy in the far side. Fortunately he got everything solved and didn't charge me extra for late check out.

Food and Internet. There are three restaurants in this resort. I have to mention that this resort located in the far south west side of the island. It's far from city. So if you want to eat outside, you gonna need to take a long ride. We are lazy and we can't get use to the left side driving, so we were pretty much sticker in this resort except those days we participate in outside activities. One of the three restaurant is fine dinning restaurant with dressing code. I didn't bring any long pants(who would bring that to Fiji?) so didn't try that one. The other two are buffet( Sanasana) and a regular one( forget name). The regular one is poor front, food quality is fair to its price. Buffet has breakfast and dinner. Both are very expensive! $45 for breakfast and $90 for dinner(Fiji dollar). Lucky our breakfast is included but we arrived early I the first day morning so I have to pay for that one. Buffet dinner has different ones, seafood buffet and curry buffet. What ridiculous is different dinner buffet has same price! Come on, 50 bucks(I mean US dollar) for a curry buffet! Are you kidding me? And neither of them are drink included! You have to pay separately for any drink, and they won't even bring you water unless you ask!
Internet is the section made me mad most. No free Internet. You will have two choice: $20 a day for regular one and $40 a day for the premium one(which is more than a monthly payment for Internet back in LA). When you buy five days you got a 20% discount. Difference of those two option? I didn't see any. Both of them have a 0.75Mbs download speed and upload speed which is ok for YouTube and online gaming(actually they list a option called unlimited, which they said is good for YouTube and online gaming, but you can't purchase it. Don't ask me why. This resort is full of ridiculous things). Internet is important for us because we didn't book activities for all five days. Instead we want to take two days just relax in the resort, watch some video and play games. So i purchased the premium one. I was happy for the first day. Then it became horrible. Test shows the Internet speed was less than 0.01mbs both up and down between 8am to 10pm which is obviously because of high volume of users. I cannot even get emails! I called the operator and they passed me to concierge desk, I explain the issue to them and then they transfer me to the operator! Then the operator did the same thing again! I stopped the concierge desk girl when she want to transfer me back again and ask her why she do so, her answer was"I'm a intern, the senior will be back soon and we'll call you when he's back." I ask when is that gonna happen. She answered 20mins. Half hour later nobody call me so I called again. The senior officer has no idea either, and he want to transfer me to some technical department and then, the phone was hang off. Sign...

So on the last day while we were waiting for the pick up to the Airport. I wrote this down. I can't post them because of their horrible horrible horrible Internet! And I really regret purchased the expensive Internet option. Actually I was quite regretful about this trip.

For the people who are planning to come to Fiji. If you don't care...no, I should say if you only care about the view and planning to lay down by the poor for all the time in here, InterContinental could be a good choice. They do have the most beautiful poor by the beach. Otherwise, stay away from InterCon!

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Iksumm

Bula Iksumm,

I was disappointed to read you didn't enjoy your stay with us, as Natadola Bay is a wonderful place to find complete peace and serenity. If you feel to discuss any of these points further I invite you to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I would be happy to assist you in anyway.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had 5 nights at intercontinental before heading to Vomo Island Resort for 5 nights. Unfortunately, depsite being the dry season (june), we experienced very wet weather for 3 out of the 5 days we spent at intercontinental, and whilst this is out of the resorts control it certain does dampen the holiday and allows you to focus more on the negative aspects of the resort.

we made of the most of the 2 sunny days and for me these were very enjoyable. there are 2 nice pools (one adults only) and one of them has a large shallow area where the kids can play. the beach is quite tidal but very nice. at certain times of the day there is often nice fun/small surf and i was thrilled to be able to hire a surfboard and catch a few waves literally 50 meters from the shore! we also went waterskiing which was brilliant! there is also a golf course nearby which looks excellent however we didnt play due to weather and cost.

the day spa is magnificent. one of the best faciliites i've been to and the massage was sublime. it certainly gave us something to do on one of the rainy days.

there are a few different restaurants at the resort and generally i found the menu options very extensive and the food quite good.

the rooms are modern and very nice. a pretty good setup for families with the separate living room. and the resort is generally quite flat and they will come and pick you up from your room in a buggy if you are wanting to go to the other side of the resort or if its raining etc.

At the end of the 5 nights we were pleased to leave because the bad weather was persisting and ruining our holiday to a degree. But i would be more than willing to go back and give this resort another try based on the fun we had on our first 2 days when the weather was nice.You can't go past the islands for a true fiji experience, but i would definitely stay at the intercontinental as opposed to denarau for a few days on the mainland before heading out to one of the islands.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Bula brycedownunder,

Thank you for your review of our resort. I was delighted to hear that overall, you had a wonderful stay. I was pleased to read that despite a bit of rain you had a lovely stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our shores for a sunnier stay one day. I was also thrilled to read you had the opportunity to experience the world class luxury spa treatments at Spa InterContinental.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team who are always looking forward to feedback from our guests, as we endeavor to continuously enhance our guest experiences.

We look forward to seeing you again - please do not hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will see that the team takes great care of you once again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 5 night when we attended my brothers wedding. We have previously stayed at Denaru so were interested to see what an experience at the Intercontinental on the Coral Coast was like and we weren't disappointed. The room was great and we loved that we could relax on the day bed outside when the kids were asleep in our garden view room. The kids loved the kids pool which was large and was very safe even for my youngest who is just under 2 and had a ball running in and out fountains while my older daughter had fun in the deeper part. We took the kids on the complementry school tour and it was definitely an experience not to miss. The kids meals were fantastic which came in a Bento box which had your childs choice of meal plus lots of other treats. We dined in all three restaurants and the fine dining restaurant is a must. We loved the Lagoon area which made a nice change from swimming in the pool. We went on the snorkeling tour which was great. The activities provided by the hotel were fantastic and would have loved to have sampled more. The wedding we attended was in the most beautiful location and the reception was amazing with the fire dancers and amazing food provided by the intercontinental. My children will remember there beautiful nanny Mary who looked after them while we were enjoying ourselves at the reception and the children loved her so much we had her the following evening while we enjoyed an adult dinner at the fine dining restaurant. Thank you for a wonderful holiday Intercontinental everyone in my family had a lovely time.

• Stayed: September 2013

Bula Vinaka Larochelle35,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your family had a wonderful time at the resort. I was also delighted that your children had the opportunity to experience the enriching local 'in-the-know' school tour and the genuinely friendly nature of our nannies.

I will be sure to pass on your comments on to our team who are always looking forward to hearing back from our guests. We would love to welcome you and your family back to your home away from home again soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that our team takes great care of you once more.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
#6 of 24 in Coral Coast
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!