“Mixed feelings... Was hoping to love it, but didn't ..”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights with my husband, also stayed at likuliku and westin denarau. We had gold ambassador status so were welcomed with a room upgrade and all the expected perks. The weather was terrible for most of our stay so probably did not help my impression of the resort!
Pros; large impressive resort with good facilities and lovely staff. The beach is great; by far better than others on the mainland. If you have kids there seems like lots for them to do. Enjoyed the adults only pool; a great idea and done well
The cons; this is difficult to put your finger on but it lacks any real ambiance and feel of fiji. It's architecture is both striking and sterile. The rooms whilst having a super outdoor area and bath are again lacking in warmth on the interior. There were 3 weddings on when we were there so these groups kind of took over the resort which was annoying. The food and bev prices are ridiculous.. We paid over 1200 au dollars a night at likuliku ( amazing) and by the time we added our extras here at icon it was almost as much per night... Just does not compare! Especially as the food quality just is not there. Navo was good but again overpriced.
Tips; lagoon rooms get the wind so if u can get a beachfront ... The best by far.
Buy an ambassador card( 200 au) before you go;worth every penny in the room upgrade alone).
The essence of love bath ritual is beautiful; surprise a loved one! Oh and the spa is amazing!! Highlight of my stay by a mile! Had an amazing massage :(
So to summarise. Would we return, probably not as I would just go straight to one of the beautiful islands. This place clearly suits some travellers but just was not quite our cup of tea! Do your research before heading to fiji and be really sure of the type of experience you are looking for. Cheers Zoe slater

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Zella
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Bula Zoe,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed many wonderful aspects of our resort, including our location on one of the best beaches in the world, adults only facilities, and wonderful team. I was however disappointed to read you felt a lack of ambiance about the resort, which is a contemporary design inspired by the traditional layout of Fijian village. I would like to reassure you that while we are a popular wedding destination the comfort of our guests is our priority and if you have any concerns while you are with us we invite you to bring these to our attention to ensure your stay with us is perfect.

I was pleased to read you had opportunity to indulge at our spa as well as a Cleopatra bathing ritual while you were with us; both truly luxurious and rejuvenating experiences.

I invite you to visit our little slice of paradise again soon for a sunnier stay. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our team takes wonderful care of you.

Vinaka & Regards

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

2nd vist to club, outstanding service and hospitality. Feel some of the indoor outdoor furnishings are showing some age, but really a minor issue. If you are after a more private stay then club is the way to go. The main resort is big, but club is like a boutique hotel within the resort. Navo restaurant is very good, feels like modern European dining - thinking an upmarket version of Man Ray / Budda Bar, but way better !

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank melburnian2

Bula melburnian2,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us here at Natadola.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed the exclusive luxury of Club InterContinental - as Fiji's only ‘resort within a resort’ it certainly is a tranquil, intimate way to enjoy Natadola Bay.Our Club InterContinental Itokani (At Your Side) Butlers will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments and I will be sure to pass your feedback on.

I was also pleased to read you enjoyed our fine-dining restaurant Navo while you were with us.
We look forward to sharing our little piece of paradise with you again soon. Please feel welcome to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see our team takes great care of you.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Intercontinental. This was our second stay here this time returning with our two children. The resort was super quiet. Our room was nice and some of the biggest rooms in Fiji (garden view room definately only see the garden) so if you want to see more upgrade if you can afford it. We had a lovely stay despite some pretty bad weather. If you are looking for a quiet getaway this is the place as the resort is very spread out not at all the hussle of Denerau although for us a week in Denerau first was a great contrast. Very impressed with Kids Clubs our Kids were super happy and as it included amazing meals for them and great value. The buffet breakfast was amazing definately left a few kgs heavier. Tobo Restaurant was great, casual and nice food. Special mention must go to Samuel in Tobo (stand out employee) who went above and beyond the service and really made our holiday. Also a mention to Essa (Lady Gaga) in Kids Club our kids just loved him and also to Jonah in Kama Bar with great bar service. Highly recommend Kama Bar at happy hour great place for the resort to congregate and lovely to have our kids included in torch lighting. Well Done Intercontinental we will definately be back!

Room Tip: Pool view great for people with young families.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Bula Vinaka AKLDMUMTO2,

Thank you for reviewing our resort. I am thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at Natadola Bay and experienced the genuine and friendly manner of the Fijian people. I will be sure to pass your great comments on to the team here at the resort!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We travelled to the Intercon for 6 nights in August with our two boys, 4 & 2 and we had the most relaxing stay.
We arrived later than expected due to a 4 hour flight delay and as soon as we were greeted in the beautiful reception we knew our holiday had finally started.
We purchased an Ambassador card before we booked and were greeted by the manager and then walked to our room, which we had received a fantastic upgrade and the room was amazing, extremely clean and comfortable with our own path to the beach. Our boys enjoyed the big bath on the deck and we all slept fantastically.
We ate twice at the buffet, Asian night and Catch of the day and we found the food great..i think we ate our moneys worth in Sashimi alone. We had two dinnerd at Toba which was great eating pizza watching the sunset. Then room service on the first and last night invluding a massive seafood platter which we couldnt fault
Breakfast was amazing, heaps of variety.
The only suggestion I have is that even though they say you dont need to book for the restaurants is to do so anyway if u have kids that need to eat..or u want to avoid kids that need to eat.
The kids loved both the beautiful warm beach and the kids pool, which is basically where we spent all our time.
The adults infinity pool was gorgeous however the adults were more sunbathing around the pool then swimming in it
we did the glass bottom boat and snorkel and also hired stand up paddleboards.
The kids hung out with us the whole trip but we heard great things about the kids club and the Nannies.
Everyone we met both staff and other families were really friendly our time honestly flew by. Great trip thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Fleurbie80

Bula Fleurbie80,

Vinaka vaka levu for taking a moment to review our resort!
I am delighted you had an excellent time with us and we have to agree- the beautiful waters of Natadola Bay are certainly the place to be! I'm thrilled you and your family had a lovely time with us, it certainly sounds like you made some wonderful memories!

Please feel free to contact me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes great care of you once more.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

have just returned from a wedding that was held here and everything was perfect, great location, great beach, great resort, great reception and great food, both at the wedding reception and other meals that we ate at the resort!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jennifer p

Bula jennifer p,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed the wedding - I have to agree, Natadola Bay is a stunning wedding destination.

We’re looking forward to having you stay with us again! Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I’ll have our team at the resort take great care of you once again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived at the Intercontinental at 5.30am on a Sunday morning. We were in our room by 6.00am. Our daughter had selected the resort for her Wedding. Everything went to plan and she will have wonderful memories. Nearly everyone who attended the wedding was upgraded. Rooms are excellent and really enjoyed the bathtub on the balcony. The beach was great for kids and adults alike. Loved the fact that there was a beautiful infinity pool for adults only, although the kids pool was probably the quietest I have ever experienced. Yes the food was a little expensive but was of high quality and variety. We are already planning a reunion for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Bula giffoschoice,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to read your daughter's wedding went seamlessly and you've all taken home lovely memories of your trip to Natadola Bay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again! Please feel free to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com if you need any assistance with your reservation. Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law on their marriage and best wishes from the InterContinental Fiji team!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived late in the evening with no welcome. We were given a room back up against the hill when we had booked a beach front. We asked to be changed but had to wait the whole next day as the couple who got our room couldn't be found. Finally got the room we had booked but couldn't use the safe so waited 3 hours in the room for the security guy BAD START. Went to dinner by the pool the first night and ordered steak $50.00 for the smallest piece of steak and a wilted salad. On the third night we ventured down the beach just outside the resort and found 3 other resorts none of them wee flash but the food was great so we ate there every night and met some nice people. By the forth day we were desperate to get out of the concrete jungle that posed as a top class resort so we hired a car and headed to Nadi and for the rest of our stay (an other 4 days) we left the resort each day and mixed with the locals, even brought a water tank for a village. This was not my kind of place even though I luv my comfits the staff all seemed rehearsed and none of that warmth you get use too when you visit Figi, could have been anywhere in the world

Room Tip: If you want the warmth and culture don't consider this hotel go out to the Islands. This place i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank J01958

Bula J01958,

Thank you for your review. I was genuinely disappointed to read that you did not have a wonderful experience while you were with us and do apologise that I was not made aware of some of these concerns during your stay so that we may have been able to look after you better.

I was very pleased to read that you were able to get involved with the Natadola community while you were here and I have no doubt the village is very appreciative of your generous contribution.

We appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts and will certainly take these on board to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service to our guests. If you would like to discuss any of these points further please don't hesitate to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com. I hope you visit our sunny shores again, and if so we sincerely look forward to welcoming you. Do let me know when you decide to return and I will see you are well looked after.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!