“Great Resort in Fiji”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had 4 perfect days at the Intercontinental. The room was huge and overlooked the gardens and pool. It was nice to have a mix of families and couples around. The infinity pool was relaxed, adult and peaceful We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Bula kruegemon,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I am delighted you had a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere of our adults only Infinity Pool, amongst other luxuries!

We’re looking forward to sharing our slice of paradise with you again soon. Please feel free to email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will see that our team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Vinaka & Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great resort - beautiful rooms, great pool for the kids, kids club, great golf course, beautiful beach, 5 star resort feel....except for the food and bev.

We traveled with 2 kids (2 and 4) and stayed in an interconnecting pool view room (1612 and 1611). The room was fantastic. Really spacious and nice big beds in the kids room as well as great views of the pool just out the door. Can't fault the room at all. It was serviced promptly every morning when we were out at brekkie or at the pool. Great bathrooms and comfy bed with wifi in the room that worked well.

We stayed for 5 nights and sent the kids to kids club after lunch each day. The kids club seemed a little stark and low on "fun" stuff for the kids to play with - but the nannies seemed to make up for it as the kids enjoyed their time there each day. A definite highlight is the kids getting dressed up and participating the daily fire lighting ceremony - my 4 year old loved it.

The kids pool right out the front of our room was great - huge pool with a nice shallow end that gradually got deeper up to about 1.2m in the middle - so really great for the little ones. Make sure you bring your own pool toys as the hotel doesn't have any.

Sorry - now for the bad. The food at this resort is not what I would expect for a 5 star resort. An example on our first day we decided to have lunch at the pool bar and ordered off the kids menu for our kids. Food arrived in bento boxes which was interesting for the kids but the fried rice my son ordered was mush and the cheese sandwich for my daughter was melted when it arrived at the table. Not worth the AUD$50 we paid for lunch. Why do people seem to think that just because something is on a kids menu that it gives them the OK to dish up terrible food. My kids didn't eat their $50 lunch. The rest of the time at the resort we swiped bread, fruit, peanut butter and whatever else we could from the breakfast buffet to feed the kids at lunch.

The dinner buffets were ok and the themed nights provided some variety - however once again the kids options were sub-par at best. The resort needs to work on its food options for kids - they are people too.

The bar was beautiful and a great place to watch the sunset - but again the quality of the cocktails was not great. Example - caprioska not made by crushing fresh limes but rather using lime juice that has been prior squeezed or bottled or something - small point but makes all the difference for a good cocktail and something that should be expected at a resort charging high prices.

Overall - I would give this resort 5 stars but the food and bev really lets it down in my books.

Room Tip: Get an interconnecting pool view room on the ground floor if you have kids
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris P

Bula Chris P,

Vinaka for reviewing your recent stay here at the resort. I was thrilled to read you found our facilities, location and friendly people as wonderful as you had hoped. I was disappointed however to read that your food & beverage experiences didn’t match our usual high standards. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass this on to the team for careful consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay. You are welcome to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com if you feel to discuss any of these points further. Please also feel free to email me when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes great care of you once again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Attended for a conference in July. Found the staff to be friendly and the food to be of high standard. Rooms were very well furnished and equipped. Unfortunately for the first time in my travels, I had some items stolen from my room, expensive travel earphones and aftershave. No money stolen or passports so was thankful on that. The room safe did not work so had to keep passports and valuables with me for the rest of the trip. Did report to security and I believe they made genuine attempts to look into it but certainly no offers of restitution. Apart from that it was a nice place. Just lock things up in the room safe.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Bula Tonyh83,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the high standards of our facilities and services, as well as the genuine and friendly nature of the Fijian people. Do let us know if any additional information comes to light that may assist with you investigation. We also appreciate that you let us know your safe wasn't working upon checkout and would like to assure you that this has been immediately rectified.

I'm glad you have an all around enjoyable experience here with us on Natadola Bay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our precious piece of paradise again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly when you decide to return and I will see that our team takes wonderful care of you once again.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic resort! It was amazing walking out on the beach every morning. Room service was good! Only down side everyone said 'bulla' which is hello. After a while it got annoying. Food was good. Drinks little pricy. Very relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2012

Bula Amandeep U,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort! I was delighted to read you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our luxurious facilities.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, please feel free to email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see the team takes care of you once more.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Intercon Fiji to attend a wedding onsite. I found the Intercon an enjoyable and festive stay as there were other guests who were also there for the wedding.

As highlighted by other reviewers, this resort is very family friendly, with a kids pool, kids club and nanny services. I walked past some kids who were participating in hermit crab racing and also a traditional tribal performance and they looked like they were having a ball of a time.

Between the weddings and conferences that are held here, this wouldn't be my first choice of destination for a quiet romantic resort getaway. I recognise that the Intercon have adults only dining locations e.g. Sanasana, but I can hardly imagine someone dining there the entire time.

Due to the location of the resort, you are beholden to the offerings onsite. The breakfast buffet is highly recommended. They had a great selection including a chef at the egg station, selection of fruits, antipasto, cereals, breads, pastries, cooked food (incl. asian selection) and pikelets. From Toba bar & grill, I quite enjoyed the pizzas and the steaks.

A few let downs however,
- The wake up call requested for our departure never came (neither did the golf cart to shuttle us + luggage to reception) which can be a bit distressful at 5.30am on a Sunday morning!
- Snorkel, equipment hire etc. isn't actually included. I don't "resort" often, but I would have thought snorkels at least would be free.

Tip/Reminder:
- The resort doesn't accept cash at the restaurants or facilities. Everything is either billed to a credit card or to your room, so when exchanging money, factor this in mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank VFT

Bula VFT,

Vinaka vaka levu for your review. I was delighted to read that you had a lovely time with us here on Natadola Bay, and that your family thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. While we do cater to various markets we are mindful to time these appropriately throughout the year, as guest experience is our priority.

Our chefs will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food selection here at the resort, and I highly recommend spending an evening at our adults only fine dining restaurant Navo for the ultimate dining experience next time you are with us. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the wake up call - I will be sure to forward your comments on to our Front Office team to ensure it does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to travel to Fiji again and I will ensure our team takes great of you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The location of the Intercontinental is magnificent, set on a beautiful bay.
The pools, accommodation and golf course are also superb.
However, the service was generally terrible, including:
- Having to ask a barman specifically to serve us. He was too busy slicing limes.
- Requesting a corkscrew for the room which never arrived.
- Waiting 45 mins for a coffee at breakfast.
- Waiting over an hour for dinner, without being served water. This followed being advised that we were required to book at a restaurant at the time of going to the restaurant, rather than when checking in.
- Having to advise reception about a golf special, so they would book it for me.
- Reception didn't care to ask us if we enjoyed our stay when checking up. He seemed far more interested in ensuring we paid our bill.

Ben Dennett
bwdennett@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the bay if possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ben D
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Bula Ben D,

Thank you for taking a moment to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you enjoyed both our location and facilities - including the world renowned Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course.

I was however disappointed to read that our services didn't meant your expectations or our usual high standards, and we appreciate that you've brought this to our attention. Thank you also providing your contact information, our Director of Food & Beverage will be in touch with you personally to address the issues you've raised.

Please also feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss any of these matters further.
We look forward to having you stay with us again Ben, do let us know when you're planning your next holiday and I'll have the team take great care of you.

Vinaka & Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall this hotel ticks most of the boxes, and you will have a lovely relaxing time. We were traveling with a toddler, and found it to be very well catered for kids, with the kids club & nanny service (which we used a few times and loved), early dinning times and the family pool. My husband and I really enjoyed the food and dined at all the restaurants. Considering there is no where else to eat it was good that the menus were quite extensive, and the buffets were fantastic. We purchased the Priority Privilege card which entitled us to 50% off all food at the resort, which was great considering some of the prices were expensive. I would highly recommend getting this if you're staying more than a few nights. As other people have pointed out the main annoyance is that you have to present it every time you ask for the bill, so you have to remember to carry it around with you everywhere. We also found the beach it is on to be lovely and very quite, the grounds are beautiful and the facilities (including the spa) are great.

Despite an overall good hotel there were a few things that were a slight let down for us:
- There was a conference there for a few days were we there and they seemed to overrun the resort, whether it be there events at night, or big groups of them roaming the resort on some team building exercise, it was very annoying as a guest.
- Cocktails in the Karma bar were bad (too strong and no flavour). This was a disappointment considering we had anticipated sipping cocktails every evening.
- Because our room was at the back we had to walk through the entrance driveway to get to/from our room, and on many occasions a mini bus would speed in far too fast (which was difficult with a toddler wanting to walk through). It also meant you had to walk back through the lobby coming back from the pool or beach wet. They definitely need a pedestrian path down the side for these rooms instead.

My recommendation for rooms:
- The lagoon/river side rooms seemed to always be windy
- The ocean view rooms looked great, particularly the ones closer to the fine dinning restaurant at the end (more private).
- It is hit and miss with the garden view rooms, some get little privacy, others are great. Some that overlook the family pool may be noisy during the day, but I think the ground floor rooms looked better, as you often had gorgeous garden in front to look at.

Room Tip: - The lagoon/river side rooms seemed to always be windy - The ocean view rooms looked great, partic...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Bula zmanderson,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to dine at all of our restaurants. I was also pleased to read that your child was also able to experience the warm and friendly nature of our nannies, who really have a way with kids.

We appreciate your recommendations and it will be taken into consideration as we endeavor to continuously enhance our guests' experiences. I will be sure to pass this on to the team who appreciate our guests' constructive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your little home in paradise one day. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on visiting us again and I will make sure you have a pleasant experience at the resort once again.

Vinaka and Regards
Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!