“Wedding perfection,”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was very fortunate to be able to watch our granddaughter getting married at this beautiful resort and honestly it was all down to the wedding planner Jane who got the whole day of Katie and David off to perfection.
The whole day was just lovely even though as we were just about to sit down to our meal it started to rain but staff soon moved everything and everyone under cover of the bar area and every one enjoyed it all very much.
Our room was a garden view room which was very clean and comfortable.
Thank you to all staff at your resort from dining to bar to cleaning staff they all deserve a mention.
I'm sure that David and Katie will look back at their wedding-day with pleasure the way it was put together on the 8th of May.
Thank you from a grateful grandma.

Room Tip: We had a garden-view room which was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Bula Vinaka b_heritage27,

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted to read your grand-daughter’s wedding was as wonderful as you had hoped and we’re thrilled to have helped make the occasion a memorable one for all.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team take wonderful care of you once again.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was a stop-over on a way to Sydney for us. the hotel is just gorgeous. very friendly service. good breakfast. A garden view suite with terrace Jacuzzi and an adult infinity pool were amazing. The beach is not very swimable: people snorkel and surf but it is not that comfortable to get into water and swim although we did it few times. Restaurants are a little pricey however it is a 5 star resort so it's expected. In 1 and a half day that we stayed we spent about 200 US$ each, just food and drinks. It doesn't seem that there is anythign interesting to visit in the vicinity. Some people bought alcohol outside in order to save, considering the resort prices it is probably recommendable if you stay for more then one day or really want/need to relax:-)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Bula Vinaka alanbel,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort! I was delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed our facilities, including our out-door Cleopatra bathtubs, which are a favourite among our guests. Voted by Forbes magazine as one of the top 25 beaches in the world Natadola Bay is a stunning beach destination.

Although our food and beverage prices are comparable with resorts in Fiji, we provide a range of dining options to suit all our guests.

We’re looking forward welcoming you back to our tranquil paradise. Please don’t hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your travel dates and I will have the team take great care of you once again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We absolutely loved this resort!
Spent the first part of our honeymoon here, we were upgraded upon arrival to the most beautiful lagoon suite. Food was expensive and you only have a few options of restaurants at the resort, although it was nice food it was way overpriced. The breakfast buffet is excellent.... so fill up on brekky!
The staff were so extremely friendly, always smiling and couldn't do enough for you.
The adults pool was perfect for us honeymooners... no kids... no noise... just kick back and relax with your book and a cocktail.
We were also lucky enough to hire a mini mal and stand-up paddle board and catch a few sweet little waves right out the front of the resort at sunset, incredible! The Spa was beautiful, again over priced but worth it if you want to treat yourself. Relaxing, calming and we didn't want it to end.
The beach is gorgeous and quiet, great snorkeling too!

We had wonderful honeymoon at the Intercontinental and we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Bula travelingduo2468,

Thank you for your review and wonderful comments. Tucked away in its own secluded paradise, at Natadola Bay is indeed a hidden gem. I was delighted to read you found our service and staff a pleasure and have to agree that a luxurious treatment at Spa InterContinental is one of the best ways to relax.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team take wonderful care of you once more.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We loved it here! We stayed as a family in a garden room with private access to the stunning beach and little cabanas. This was away from the more busy family pool area and very private and clean and there were absolutely no mozzies. After settling the kids, time out for us either out on a cabana overlooking the beach or on our private porch was perfect, like having another room. If you're into clubbing and noise and a busy time, go somewhere else. This hotel had everything available, all the water sports, fishing, horse riding, golf, tasteful entertainment, a spa, kids club but it's such a calm place you can't fail to relax, the setting is Wow! Excellent friendly service. The food was good, especially the kids Bento boxes had something for all appetites and breakfasts had incredible choices. We'd certainly return, the prime minister of Fiji arrived during our stay, but the service didn't diminish. We asked for no ice in the drinks to avoid upset tummies.

Room Tip: Garden Room with private and close access to beach are quieter and more private than rooms near the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank grace007_12

Bula Vinaka grace007_12,

I was delighted to read your fantastic review of our resort and am pleased you took the time to send us your feedback. The resort is located on one of the most beautiful and tranquil settings in Viti Levu, Natadola Beach, and we’re thrilled to be able to share this paradise with our guests.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the friendly service of the Fijian people and that you made the most of our wonderful facilities while you were with us.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontinental in 2011 and couldn't praise the resort, food and staff highly enough. Unfortunately, we weren't so fortunate this trip.

Our stay got off to a great start when we were upgraded from a Garden Room to a Lagoon Suite, but despite the peaceful location and beautiful view, I'm not sure if this was a blessing or a curse. Every time I lay on the bed I would get covered in bites that were extremely itchy (to say the least). As a result, the quality of my sleep suffered significantly as I would wake up throughout the night due to the itching and scratching. Fortunately, they sold Sting Goes in the store, which provided some relief and sanity.

My husband and I are extremely laid back Aussies, but even we have to say that the service at each of the restaurants was lacking considerably. Even though they were generally only 1/3 full whenever we ate, there were extended delays in orders being taken and then in receiving the food and drink (note: bills were always presented very promptly). We also experienced errors on a daily basis with the meals we did receive.

The food at Navo is above average, however, well overpriced for what you get. It's also a shame that they don't vary the menu or offer nightly specials.

On day 4 my husband came down with a bout of diarrhea which resulted in him cancelling his diving trip and then spending the day in our room. It's disappointing when you spend a lot of money on a holiday in paradise, then have to lose a day in your room.

The Spa treatments were nice, although my husband had better luck than me. When I book a deep tissue massage - that's what I expect. Instead I had to say a couple of times to apply more pressure, and even though I asked for the masseur to focus on my neck - she hardly touched it.

On a positive note, the staff around the grounds always had smiles on their faces and never failed to greet us with a big 'Bula'.

It's likely that the service lacked considerably this time due to the G77 being held during our stay - obviously the guests come a distant second to the Pacific Island Dignitaries!

My husband and I will definitely holiday again in Fiji, but I doubt that we will risk staying at the Intercontinental again. For the amount that it cost to stay here, it just wasn't worth it this time which was a huge disappointment to us.

Room Tip: Beach Front and Lagoon Suites are both lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rellie263

Bula Vinaka Rellie263,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was pleased to read you found the resort and our location stunning, and our level of service unsurpassed. However, it is with regret that I read your recount of the remainder of your stay didn't reflect our usual high standards.

I was disappointed to read you were unhappy with our dining services as we consistently receive positive feedback on our buffet theme nights at Sanasana Restaurant and daily menus at Toba Bar & Grill. We appreciate your comments on various aspects of the resort, and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the appropriate heads of department for consideration.

We look forward to having you with us for a much more enjoyable stay soon. Please feel free to email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our team delivers you a truly exceptional InterContinental experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here for our honeymoon last summer. The rooms were super clean and when you needed something done they were accommodating. Sometimes they ran on Fiji time, but you expect that coming in. The food was excellent, although a bit repetitive for lunch and breakfast by the end. The theme buffets were good and happy hour at the bar was also awesome. It was expensive to eat here but that is what you expect at Intercontinental Hotels. They had nice entertainment each night as well. There are kids and families around but the adults only pool was very relaxing. We took a day long snorkeling trip booked through the concierge and also took the small 2 hour trip to the local reef. The beach is amazing as well and cool when the tide goes out. We took advantage of the hotel spa as well, it was quite a treat and beautiful inside. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms in garden upper level were quiet and more private for a great value and not far from pool etc.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Bula CarmelinaRose,

Thank you for your positive feedback and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay at the resort.
We have a beautiful location here on Natadola Bay and were pleased to share it with you and your husband.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about your dining experience to the team here at the resort. We look forward to having you stay with us again, please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Vinaka and Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a fabulous resort. Although the friendly and helpful staff were probably the highlight - the room was perfect and a genuine 5 star standard - the restaurants, bars and pools were of a matching quality. A great variety of meals at all sittings. Could not fault anything and can't wait to
return.

• Stayed: April 2013

Bula Ponsonbysunrise,

I’m delighted that you found your stay with us satisfactory. Your comments will definitely be passed on to the team who appreciate your fantastic feedback.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see the team takes great care of you once again.

Vinaka Vaka Levu,
Scott Williams,
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
#6 of 24 in Coral Coast
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!