“Just great for isolation :)”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Just great for isolation :)”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a Platinum member of the IHG group, I have a very extensive travel profile, so we were keen to see how this hotel stacked up as we choose this hotel specifically for its isolation and recommendation from friends. This was our second trip to Fiji. Our first trip was to Denarau Island (Sheraton). This hotel seemed to have a different demographic which was more suited to us. The focus for us was the rooms, SPA treatments, and fine dining that promoted local produce and dishes from the area. We got just that. We booked a basic garden room, hoping for that free upgrade, and they did indeed upgrade us. We were placed in a Lagoon view room which was a double upgrade at the time. Found the room to be spacious, bathroom was nice as it allowed the room doors to open up to the lagoon area, while being able to close off the bathroom for privacy. Outside area was also very pleasant with a full layout couch and a nice corner slotted bath for those late evening soaks with the wife (yes two fit in just nicely). Room service was not always predictable on timing, so if you need your room done up everyday, make sure you leave a window from 11am to 3pm open for them to come in, otherwise you will miss out.

The hotel has a main pool that bar service just next to it and overlooks the bay (very nice), a more kid friendly pool just adjacent Kabo restaurant, and another pool which we never went to which is at the top of the property somewhere. Pool area had plenty of seats, shaded spots, and even some cool round isolation areas which were good for the reader that wanted the shade and some interaction with the bigger crowd. One thing to mention here is when you want a drink in the pool, do NOT bring bottled beer in the pool, just ask for a plastic cup. Keeps it safe for everyone :)

Hotel also has a lounge called Kama Lounge. This lounge is an area that is open all day long, however, does not seem to be used much until happy hour at 5:30, the ceremonies, and the other happy hour at 9:30, and even then not much. Not sure why, but that is what we noticed. Probably had to do with the fact that we were there when a large conference was going on, so they all had their drinks in the conference area. It is a nice area though :)

** Look for my review on Navo and the SPA separate to this **

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Bula Vinaka gwwaus,

Thank you for your wonderful reviews! It sounds like you had a truly memorable time with us at Natadola Bay and I’m delighted you enjoyed so many wonderful aspects of the resort.

A few indulgent hours at Spa InterContinental – or soaking in your private Cleopatra bath as you mentioned- is a wonderful way to unwind, and I was also glad to read you enjoyed our fine-dining restaurant, Navo. We do indeed source most of our produce within Fiji to support our local farmers and our chefs love creating innovative dishes that incorporate traditional flavours.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team take great care of you once again.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The InterContenental is an outstanding resort, with friendly employees. The location is 45 minutes from the city of Nadi, so if you came for shopping this may not be the location or the island for you. If you are looking for a place to relax with good food, clean facilities and a GREAT dive shop this is your location. We started off every morning with a fabulous breakfast buffet Then is was off to the dive shop where Simon and his people took great care of us. We kept our equipment at the shop so we didn't need to "lug" the gear everyday. The dive spots averages 15 minutes from the hotel so we could do a 2 tank dive and be back in time for lunch. (They also arranged our dive to Beqa Island). The beautiful golf course is 5 minutes away and the hotel provides transportation every 30 minutes. The pool and deck are spotless with a friendly wait staff. We left the island relaxed and with many warm feelings about Fiji and the InterContinental.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out on the ocean, and not to far from the restaurant
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bula Vinaka PeachtreeTraveler,

Thank you for your review, we certainly appreciate your feedback and comments- especially from a Senior Reviewer. I was pleased to read you enjoyed Natadola Bay- both above and below its beautiful waters. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the dive team!

I was also thrilled to read you spent some time on Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course- whether one is a golfer or not it’s definitely a ‘must see’ while you’re here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise again soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to on your next travel dates and I will ensure our team take great care of you once more.

Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This resort was phenomenal. We arrived having booked a lagoon view room, for a much needed romantic getaway, we arrived to find that we had been upgraded to a club room as our room was not available due to a delgation. Let's just say- this was above and beyond. The service from the time we checked in, the cocktails at sunset, the afternoon tea, the time we spent by the pool was second to none.

The views were breath-taking. The room was spacious, spectacular and the cleopatra bath on the balcony made it perfect. We had some of the most romantic days of our life here.

The breakfast at Sana sana- buffet has anything and everything. The dinners, fresh seafood. I have no complaints. Tell everyone- definately a must... see the real fiji beauty. Sigatoka is down the road- soak in the town atmosphere, take a tour but definately live like rockstar royalty.

Room Tip: lagoon views are much more private and the view is just as good but less expensive than the sea view...
3 Thank sambox
Bula Vinaka sambox,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us here on Natadola Bay! We appreciate your feedback and ratings especially being a Senior Review here on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you and your partner enjoyed a truly romantic getaway with us and that you enjoyed the luxuries of our Club InterContinental facilities!

We look forward to sharing our little piece of heaven with you both again soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our reservations team take great care of you.

Macau, China
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thank you for this memorable experience! I would like to thank Vicki from the concierge, he answer my query in a very professional way, also highly efficient. Me and my husband both thinks that he did a superb job organizing the cocktail party for us at Kama In such a short notice. He have set a new standard to the concierge or other hotel staff, if any chance I will be going to Fiji again or any of my friends who are planning to go to Fiji, you hotel would be my very first and only choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank keving T
Bula Vinaka keving T,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! I was thrilled to read you had an unforgettable stay with us, and that you left our Natadola family feeling truly cared for.

We appreciate your wonderful comments and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the Vicki and the rest of the team here at the resort.

We’re looking forward to your next visit! Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed IC fiji. It wasn't 5 star for these reasons: Internet patchy, some days it wasn't available, there's nothing closeby the resort except the cannibal restaurant ( see review) and the golf course.

This means you are at the resort a lot and eating at the four restaurants on site. These restaurants are very good but have limited options and are quite expensive. On average 50-60 US dollars per lunch. Ice cream by pool very good but two cups cost

Fiji doesn't have the luxurious boats and shopping cabo san lucas or Maui has. Off the beaten path very third world type of conditions. This is not IC fiji fault. It's just the way it is. I wish port denarau was closer to IC fiji but its an hour bus ride away so it's a big deal to get there. If there were a luxurious charter boat ride that could pick up guests for a dinner sunset cruise that would have been fun.

The spa and exercise facilities are awesome. Very nice facial and back massage by sarita.

The golf course next door is gorgeous. Lunch was so so there but more reasonable than IC fiji prices. There's a shuttle q Half hour from resort. Golf course very nice and my husband says a hard course.

Overall nice experience but bring some good books to read.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MEWEHR1977
Bula Vinaka MEWEHR1977,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort and share your stunning photo of Natadola Bay with us! We are fortunate to have a beautiful location here at Natadola and I was pleased to read you especially enjoyed our golf facilities while you were with us. It’s been said that keeping your mind on the game is difficult when you’re on a course with such stunning views. Your husband is quite right; Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course gives our golfers quite a challenging game!

I was also pleased to read you enjoyed our Spa InterContinental and I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments on to the team.

I was disappointed to read we didn’t meet all your expectations while you were with us. While our prices are competitive to the luxury market I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the team. Also, while we endeavour to provide premium internet service, we ask our guests to understand it can be challenging at times to find reliable internet service in Fiji. If you wish to discuss this any of these points further please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com at any time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our home here on Natadola Bay and I invite you to contact me on the above address when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see the team takes wonderful care of you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort is set on Natadola Beach and is a stunning location. I don't think staying in any type of room category would be better in regards to resort surroundings, adult infinity pool and bars, restaurants. Had a great Spa treatment following a game of golf the previous day. Would recommend for couples and families as not too far from airport, about 40 min.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1travel24
Bula Vinaka 1travel24,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. We are very fortunate to have such a beautiful location here on Natadola Bay and I was glad to read you found the resort facilities equally as appealing.

I was delighted to read you indulged in one of our luxurious spa treatments while you were with us, and that you also enjoyed spending time at the world class Natadola Bay golf course. It sounds like you have a truly rejuvenating holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that our team take great care of you once again.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a beautiful resort, and lovely island. The resort is spacious enough that it never feels crowded. The setting is spectacular -- the gardens are glorious -- so many unusual flowers, trees and plants. Lots of big frogs hopping around, especially at night and after it rained. it was a joy to just go outside every morning, and see what the day brought.

The food at the restaurants was good -- sometimes brilliant. The breakfast buffet is superior -- lots of variety and yummy choices with differing dietary preferences in mind. There are a number of restaurant choices within the resort, with different menus.

The location is a bit distant from towns on the island. It turned out to be nice not to be able to run off to do this or that on a whim -- the vacation became much more relaxing when I realized i didn't really need to do something all of the time. There are lots of available activities if you want to stay busy -- snorkeling on the reef in front of the resort, kayaking, lovely pools (for children or adults) -- daytrips, close or far -- or just relax on your balcony with a good book, and enjoy the breeze and quiet rustle of the wind.

There is a spa, which is lovely -- I didn't use it, since that's not my thing.

The resort rooms are gorgeous -- very well-thought-out and comfortable. Large windows and doors that open back upon themselves and louvered, screened doors, large and well-appointed bathrooms, double closets (his and hers are separate:)), ceiling fan. Lighting in the bathroom was a bit dim I noticed -- that's about all that was less than perfect. There weren't even any bugs!

This is the most relaxing vacation I've ever had -- in what is certainly one of the most beautiful places in the world, with friendly, accommodating people. This is a great place to visit, and, yes, i would want to live here.

Room Tip: all the rooms have outdoor tubs, which is an interesting attraction. There are privacy drapes to pul...
1 Thank judyisreadytogo
Bula Vinaka judyisreadytogo,

Vinaka vaka levu for your wonderful review of our home here on Natadola Bay.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the tranquillity of the resort – I have to agree, Fiji’s unique flora is beautiful and creates a lovely, calm tropical environment. I was also pleased to read you had the opportunity to truly unwind while you were here, as well as enjoy our award-winning restaurants!

I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to sharing our little piece of paradise with you again soon. Please feel welcome to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see our team takes great care of you.

Scott Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!