As a Platinum member of the IHG group, I have a very extensive travel profile, so we were keen to see how this hotel stacked up as we choose this hotel specifically for its isolation and recommendation from friends. This was our second trip to Fiji. Our first trip was to Denarau Island (Sheraton). This hotel seemed to have a different demographic which was more suited to us. The focus for us was the rooms, SPA treatments, and fine dining that promoted local produce and dishes from the area. We got just that. We booked a basic garden room, hoping for that free upgrade, and they did indeed upgrade us. We were placed in a Lagoon view room which was a double upgrade at the time. Found the room to be spacious, bathroom was nice as it allowed the room doors to open up to the lagoon area, while being able to close off the bathroom for privacy. Outside area was also very pleasant with a full layout couch and a nice corner slotted bath for those late evening soaks with the wife (yes two fit in just nicely). Room service was not always predictable on timing, so if you need your room done up everyday, make sure you leave a window from 11am to 3pm open for them to come in, otherwise you will miss out.
The hotel has a main pool that bar service just next to it and overlooks the bay (very nice), a more kid friendly pool just adjacent Kabo restaurant, and another pool which we never went to which is at the top of the property somewhere. Pool area had plenty of seats, shaded spots, and even some cool round isolation areas which were good for the reader that wanted the shade and some interaction with the bigger crowd. One thing to mention here is when you want a drink in the pool, do NOT bring bottled beer in the pool, just ask for a plastic cup. Keeps it safe for everyone :)
Hotel also has a lounge called Kama Lounge. This lounge is an area that is open all day long, however, does not seem to be used much until happy hour at 5:30, the ceremonies, and the other happy hour at 9:30, and even then not much. Not sure why, but that is what we noticed. Probably had to do with the fact that we were there when a large conference was going on, so they all had their drinks in the conference area. It is a nice area though :)
** Look for my review on Navo and the SPA separate to this **
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka