“Live like a King and Queen”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Australia
“Live like a King and Queen”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This resort was phenomenal. We arrived having booked a lagoon view room, for a much needed romantic getaway, we arrived to find that we had been upgraded to a club room as our room was not available due to a delgation. Let's just say- this was above and beyond. The service from the time we checked in, the cocktails at sunset, the afternoon tea, the time we spent by the pool was second to none.

The views were breath-taking. The room was spacious, spectacular and the cleopatra bath on the balcony made it perfect. We had some of the most romantic days of our life here.

The breakfast at Sana sana- buffet has anything and everything. The dinners, fresh seafood. I have no complaints. Tell everyone- definately a must... see the real fiji beauty. Sigatoka is down the road- soak in the town atmosphere, take a tour but definately live like rockstar royalty.

Room Tip: lagoon views are much more private and the view is just as good but less expensive than the sea view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sambox
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Bula Vinaka sambox,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us here on Natadola Bay! We appreciate your feedback and ratings especially being a Senior Review here on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you and your partner enjoyed a truly romantic getaway with us and that you enjoyed the luxuries of our Club InterContinental facilities!

We look forward to sharing our little piece of heaven with you both again soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our reservations team take great care of you.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Macau, China
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thank you for this memorable experience! I would like to thank Vicki from the concierge, he answer my query in a very professional way, also highly efficient. Me and my husband both thinks that he did a superb job organizing the cocktail party for us at Kama In such a short notice. He have set a new standard to the concierge or other hotel staff, if any chance I will be going to Fiji again or any of my friends who are planning to go to Fiji, you hotel would be my very first and only choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank keving T
Bula Vinaka keving T,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! I was thrilled to read you had an unforgettable stay with us, and that you left our Natadola family feeling truly cared for.

We appreciate your wonderful comments and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the Vicki and the rest of the team here at the resort.

We’re looking forward to your next visit! Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed IC fiji. It wasn't 5 star for these reasons: Internet patchy, some days it wasn't available, there's nothing closeby the resort except the cannibal restaurant ( see review) and the golf course.

This means you are at the resort a lot and eating at the four restaurants on site. These restaurants are very good but have limited options and are quite expensive. On average 50-60 US dollars per lunch. Ice cream by pool very good but two cups cost

Fiji doesn't have the luxurious boats and shopping cabo san lucas or Maui has. Off the beaten path very third world type of conditions. This is not IC fiji fault. It's just the way it is. I wish port denarau was closer to IC fiji but its an hour bus ride away so it's a big deal to get there. If there were a luxurious charter boat ride that could pick up guests for a dinner sunset cruise that would have been fun.

The spa and exercise facilities are awesome. Very nice facial and back massage by sarita.

The golf course next door is gorgeous. Lunch was so so there but more reasonable than IC fiji prices. There's a shuttle q Half hour from resort. Golf course very nice and my husband says a hard course.

Overall nice experience but bring some good books to read.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MEWEHR1977
Bula Vinaka MEWEHR1977,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort and share your stunning photo of Natadola Bay with us! We are fortunate to have a beautiful location here at Natadola and I was pleased to read you especially enjoyed our golf facilities while you were with us. It’s been said that keeping your mind on the game is difficult when you’re on a course with such stunning views. Your husband is quite right; Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course gives our golfers quite a challenging game!

I was also pleased to read you enjoyed our Spa InterContinental and I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments on to the team.

I was disappointed to read we didn’t meet all your expectations while you were with us. While our prices are competitive to the luxury market I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the team. Also, while we endeavour to provide premium internet service, we ask our guests to understand it can be challenging at times to find reliable internet service in Fiji. If you wish to discuss this any of these points further please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com at any time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our home here on Natadola Bay and I invite you to contact me on the above address when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see the team takes wonderful care of you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort is set on Natadola Beach and is a stunning location. I don't think staying in any type of room category would be better in regards to resort surroundings, adult infinity pool and bars, restaurants. Had a great Spa treatment following a game of golf the previous day. Would recommend for couples and families as not too far from airport, about 40 min.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1travel24
Bula Vinaka 1travel24,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. We are very fortunate to have such a beautiful location here on Natadola Bay and I was glad to read you found the resort facilities equally as appealing.

I was delighted to read you indulged in one of our luxurious spa treatments while you were with us, and that you also enjoyed spending time at the world class Natadola Bay golf course. It sounds like you have a truly rejuvenating holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that our team take great care of you once again.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a beautiful resort, and lovely island. The resort is spacious enough that it never feels crowded. The setting is spectacular -- the gardens are glorious -- so many unusual flowers, trees and plants. Lots of big frogs hopping around, especially at night and after it rained. it was a joy to just go outside every morning, and see what the day brought.

The food at the restaurants was good -- sometimes brilliant. The breakfast buffet is superior -- lots of variety and yummy choices with differing dietary preferences in mind. There are a number of restaurant choices within the resort, with different menus.

The location is a bit distant from towns on the island. It turned out to be nice not to be able to run off to do this or that on a whim -- the vacation became much more relaxing when I realized i didn't really need to do something all of the time. There are lots of available activities if you want to stay busy -- snorkeling on the reef in front of the resort, kayaking, lovely pools (for children or adults) -- daytrips, close or far -- or just relax on your balcony with a good book, and enjoy the breeze and quiet rustle of the wind.

There is a spa, which is lovely -- I didn't use it, since that's not my thing.

The resort rooms are gorgeous -- very well-thought-out and comfortable. Large windows and doors that open back upon themselves and louvered, screened doors, large and well-appointed bathrooms, double closets (his and hers are separate:)), ceiling fan. Lighting in the bathroom was a bit dim I noticed -- that's about all that was less than perfect. There weren't even any bugs!

This is the most relaxing vacation I've ever had -- in what is certainly one of the most beautiful places in the world, with friendly, accommodating people. This is a great place to visit, and, yes, i would want to live here.

Room Tip: all the rooms have outdoor tubs, which is an interesting attraction. There are privacy drapes to pul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank judyisreadytogo
Bula Vinaka judyisreadytogo,

Vinaka vaka levu for your wonderful review of our home here on Natadola Bay.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the tranquillity of the resort – I have to agree, Fiji’s unique flora is beautiful and creates a lovely, calm tropical environment. I was also pleased to read you had the opportunity to truly unwind while you were here, as well as enjoy our award-winning restaurants!

I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to sharing our little piece of paradise with you again soon. Please feel welcome to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see our team takes great care of you.

Thousand Oaks
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Best service anywhere, people are wonderful, the resort it's amazing!!! Food and beverage are a bit high. If I could do it again I would easy and drink more at the cannibal bar off property as its 500 feet away. Also, join the Ambassador club to have access to free breakfast, two hour happy hour and the best view anywhere...for just $200. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank SShirazi
Bula Vinaka SShirazi,

Vinaka vakalevu for your review! I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us on Natadola Bay and found our service and facilities wonderful.

I was delighted to read you experienced some of Fiji’s local cuisine while you were here! While our prices are competitive with other luxury resorts in Fiji I will be sure to pass your feedback long with your other great comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores soon. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our reservations team take great care of you once again.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

You would be completely mad not to stay here given the specials that pop up now and then. My husband and 3 kids returned to Sydney last night after 9 days at this fabulous place. The combination of a beautiful beach, 5 star resort, great pools and facilities, personal service and attention (adults and kids alike) and fresh modern food is a rare find.

We were upgraded on check in to a lagoon suite and garden view room which could be closed off from the other rooms in the block by a lockable door in the alcove (2412 and 2411). The kids and adults had their own rooms ! Access to the lagoon and its landscaped grassy edge was straight from our bi-fold doors allowing the kids space to run around and catch hermit crabs. The view of the lagoon and Vavo Island were amazing. The grounds and gardens, while recovering from the cyclone in December, are beautiful and well maintained. The resort was between 30-60% while we were there and I would avoid it (like most other places) in peak periods such as Xmas and Easter.

Fiji is a beautiful country and its people are very welcoming and friendly. The Intercon is a very special place indeed. We will miss the warm smiling faces of the staff who are absolutely central to it's great success. Our children (11, 9 and 8 yrs) wanted to return to the kids club Planet Trekkers again and again. The staff were amazing ! I never had the slightest concern about their safety or well being.

The resort is ideal for those with or without kids given the very large family pool and the kids- free infinity edge pool on the beach (with bar & Wi Fi service). The beach, lagoon and Navo Island are integral to the physical beauty of the place. The world class gold course would be difficult to beat for views. The Clubs Pro (Ben) was very patient with my "developing skills".

The resort is far enough away for peace and quiet and close enough for day trips. Nearby are Sanasana Village, Malomalo Primary School and Sigatoka town. The Resort has a daily program of activities for those who can't sit still by the pool for too long. The airport at Nandi is barely 1hr away.

A very big thanks to Jo, Hiesa and all of the staff at the Kids Club, Golf Pro Ben, Lie and the other "warriors" who were so patient and engaging with the kids at the torch lighting ceremony and the Rugby games on the beach. Thanks to Pecs and our wonderful house keepers, the kitchen and wait staff at breakfast and dinner at the Sanasana Restaurant and the bar staff at Toba Bar and Kama lounge for their wonderful smiles and continuing good service and cheer despite the demands of a large conference groups from the US. I had some very good (expresso) coffee every morning (have had far worse in Melbourne and Sydney) - the barista knows what she is doing !

Minor matters such as a broken ice machine, blown light bulb and an errant smoke alarm at 1.30am were fixed quickly with a minimum of fuss and bother.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Intercon and hope to return to this very special place soon.

Karen Weeks
Solicitor
St Peters NSW
Australia

Room Tip: get lagoon or beach front if you can. A Suite has more room (separate lounge) if you want Executiv...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen W
Bula Karen W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and share your wonderful experience with us.

I was thrilled to read you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay, along with many of the aspects we also love about our location. I have to agree that we are very fortunate to enjoy such a beautiful, yet accessible location here on Natadola Bay.

I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to the team here at the resort and particularly those you have mentioned by name.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home on Natadola Bay soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure them team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,
Scott Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!