“Truly paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
“Truly paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights. The hotel itself and the grounds are fantastic but the best feature is the staff, they are the friendliest and most helpful people I have met anywhere. They are very proud of their culture and go out heir way to get to know you personally and tell you about the island. I only mentioned that I would like to try kava and it was organised (without charge) the next night, it was an interesting experience :) The food is really good, before we went we thought we would eat at the fine dining restaurant a couple of times but the quality of the buffet was such that we ate there every night. The overall experience was better than similar resorts I have been to in the Caribbean. It's a long way from the UK but we might just make the effort to have another visit.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade to a beach view, it was fantastic and arguably would have been worth going for ini...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Bula vinaka Ewan M,

Thank you for reviewing our resort! I am thrilled you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at Natadola Bay and experienced the genuine and friendly manner of the Fijian people. I will be sure to pass your great comments on to the team here at the resort!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores again soon. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cupertino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

During my 3 week stay in Fiji, I stayed at 4 other hotels. We drove all the way to the Intercontinental twice just for the water and peace that was there. It is very far away from the airport and other areas, but if you want beautiful water without having to spend alot of money on a ferry or having to fly to another island, this is the place to be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bula vinaka Julia L,

Vinaka vaka levu for taking a moment to review our resort!

I am delighted you had an excellent time with us and we have to agree- the beautiful waters of Natadola Bay are certainly the place to be!

Please feel free to contact me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes great care of you once more.

Brush Creek, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff is incredibly friendly and super helpful! They all go the extra mile to make your stay great and do so with a smile! Must sees are they torch lifting ceremony and the trio of singers! These are amazing! The adults only infinity pool is awesome, and I would highly recommend snorkeling the reef in front of the hotel. The resort restaurants, although a bit pricey, are excellent fare. I would return in a heart beat!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank bd4vols
Bula vinaka bd4vols,

Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read you had a wonderful holiday with us at Natadola Bay and experienced the enthusiastic spirit of our team!

I was also please to read you enjoyed the nightly entertainment at Kama Lounge; Tolu (Fijian for ‘three’) are definitely one of the favourites amoug our guests! Be sure to search their cover of Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time" (Cover by Tolu) on youtube!

We look forward to having you stay with us again! Be sure to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will see that our team takes care of you once again.

Athens, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Amazing place! Stayed February 17th through the 23rd. Rained some every day, but that doesn't shock us as it does in most tropical regions. Food was good, rooms were amazing and the bathtub on the balcony is a great bonus. Only downside, and we were bracing for it, was that the drinks and food were VERY expensive, even priced in Fijian dollars! Restaurants were great and the adults pool setup is great. We were nervous about an abundance of kids due to some of the reviews, but never had an issue with any noise and were frequently around the family pool. Would highly recommend, but bring your own booze! If you go, take a trip into town (Sigatoka or Nadi) and eat at a local place for some VERY GOOD seafood for extremely cheap!

Room Tip: We met several friends and saw their room locations...the only ones I would try and avoid are at the...
1 Thank CBarrett12
Bula vinaka CBarrett12,

Thank you for reviewing us! I was thrilled to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and experienced some of the unique and memorable cultural experiences Fiji has to offer! I was also glad to read your embraced the tropical weather that helps keep Fiji’s fauna so beautiful.

We look forward to seeing you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will see that our reservations team takes care of all your booking needs.

Poplar Bluff, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were at this hotel a week. This is an amazing hotel with a tub on the patio--how romantic. The pools are excellent and very big. The activities that the hotel has available everyday were hard to pick from. You can go to the sand dunes, walk to caves, visit a school (they charge 2 Fiji dollars a day to go to the school), pottery visit, market visit, church service, etc that you can fill your day with. The fire show is amazing as well, set to music as they twirl and spin fire to the beat of the music. You can also pay to ride a glass bottom boat, snorkel or dive, play golf or visit the spa. Most items require an extra hotel fee. The spa has a great service where you can sit in a steam room (best I've been in), hot tub and then end up with an ice room rub. This was something I hadn't experienced but it was very relaxing and the massage I had was very good. The staff is so friendly and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. They learned our names and always made sure we had everything we needed. They do move on "Fiji time" so don't expect things right then and there but it does get done. That is a part of the charm that makes you slow down. The only reason I would not give this a 5 star is because of the food and the beach. The food is so different from American standards that the only thing I really enjoyed was the breakfast at Susana restaurant (try making your own blend of hot tea). The food at the Toba didn't change enough and was hard to eat by the last few days. We didn't try the higher end restaurant. The beach was not as enjoyable because it is a public beach so they don't set chairs out to enjoy the beach so we stayed mainly in the pool. There is also coral all over the sand so you have to wear shoes to walk.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the ocean and if you want more privacy, pick a top floor room because if yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank gardeningteacher8
Bula vinaka gardeningteacher,

Thank you for your review! I was delighted to read you had a fantastic stay with us and found our service and facilities met your expectations.

I was particularly glad to hear you had the opportunity to experience the diverse and unique range of cultural activities available through our Concierge team. Thank you also for your feedback regarding our food and beverage options, I will be sure to pass your feedback on to team.

Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see our team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a great family vacation --- not the best time for families ( if you want your kids to have play friends at the pool etc) - but the Planet Trekkers ( kids club) was a great great way to keep your kids happy. The guys at the pool were Incredible !! --- crab race, rugby, pool time made the trip so memorable. Major props go out to the guys!! Fabulous connection w the kids!!

Beach services could have been better -- we wanted to surf but staffing and support wasn't there. The daily snorkel was a great feature .... Beautiful fish right off the shore. Saw 2 black-tipped sharks too!!

Food options were decent -- could have been better.

All in all - lovely time at an exquisite resort. Great service !!

Room Tip: Poolside and 1st floor best!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Awarmstrong12
Bula vinaka Awarmstrong12,

Vinaka for your short but sweet review of our resort!
We are thrilled you had a fantastic family vacation with us and enjoyed the beautiful reefs surrounding Natadola Bay. I will be sure to pass your great comments on to our Planet Trekkers and recreations team who will appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again or another memorable stay at Natadola Bay. Do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to stay with us again and I will see the team takes great care of you again.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple weeks ago and the resort, rooms, and facilities are state of the art. They even have bathtubs on your patio that you can enclose and take a romantic bath with candles and wine. The staff is VERY friendly and knowledgable. I would go back again!

Room Tip: Corner first floor suites are amazing.
2 Thank skiibunnie
Bula vinaka skiibunnie,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! I was delighted to read you enjoyed our facilities and have to agree - the outdoor Cleopatra baths are a wonderful way to unwind and relax.

I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to sharing our little slice of paradise with you again! Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see the team takes wonderful care of you once again.

Scott Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 9 in Sigatoka
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!