“Excellent family our couples resort”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Visited last July with husband and step children after last being here on our Honeymoon the previous November 2011. I can recommend joining the Intercontinental's Ambassador Club prior to your stay as the benefits are great. We booked a 2 bedroom suite in the Club section and was upgraded to the best room in the Resort, the Natadola Suite.

It's huge with it's own pool and view of the Ocean. Each evening you had your own private torch lighters come by which added to the Fiji feel. The food at the Club section is good and everyone also enjoyed the various buffets down stairs. All the staff looked after us again, Marika, Jane and the fabulous Sala, Manager of the Club.

Once the kids, 7 & 10 tried out the Kids Club they didn't want to stay away! The Spa was just as good as well as my last visit.

If you want to mix up your Holiday with Mainland time and Island time then the Intercontinental is the place to stay for some down time but with style and good service.

Hope to be back one day.

Lozzie64

Room Tip: Become an Ambassador Club member before you travel and get a great upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lozzie64
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Bula Lozzie64,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your lovely review, we appreciate your wonderful feedback – especially from a Senior Reviewer. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and I’m delighted our Club InterContinental offerings met your expectations- as well as the other aspects of the resort you experienced.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Club InterContinental team who will certainly appreciate hearing from you. We’re looking forward to having you stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that you’re well taken care of.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent 4 nights (too few) here with my mum in a twin room in December 2012, just before the cyclone came through. The resort was not very busy, so we had a great time!! The room was beautiful (we had "glimpes of the beach' view), the food was great (in all reasturants - Navo is definitely worth having at leat one meal in!) and the staff exceptional!! Truly Fijian!!

We had a lovely treatment at the spa, went for loooong walks on the very, very nice beach, lounged by the pool and felt very much relaxed.

I forgot a favourite item of clothing, which arrived in the mail today (ok, after some correspondece and exchange of money)!! We'll be back for sure, it's just lovely!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AsaAxel

Bula AsaAxel,

I was delighted to read your review of our resort- thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback.

I’m thrilled you and your mum had a memorable time with us on Natadola Bay and pleased you had the opportunity to experience both our award winning Navo Restaurant and Spa InterContinental.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing days by the pool and walks on the beach. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see our Reservations team takes wonderful care of you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We attended a wedding with 70 other guests and wouldn't normally stay 5 star so we enjoyed the luxury. A good place for guests with very young families or honeymooners but a long way to travel to see other attractions in the area as it's quite isolated.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Rovingrob123

Bula Rovingrob123,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! I’m delighted you enjoyed your time with us at Natadola Beach and found our property as luxurious as you had hoped.

While our unique location creates a haven of peace and tranquility, there are many attractions only a short 30 minute drive from Natadola Bay. With your transport pre-arranged by our Concierge team, these activities are exciting cultural experiences that are sure to make your Fijian holiday even more memorable.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team on hand once more to meet all your needs.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 and loved our room and found the service to be very good. However, we were traveling without our children and I wouldn't recommend coming here to have a quiet couples getaway. With children it is a very nice, upscale resort popular with Australians and Kiwis (this is a plus in my book).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adzema

Bula Adzema,

Vinaka for you review of our resort! I was delighted to read you found our facilities and services met your expectations and I’m thrilled you enjoyed our time with us!

For those seeking a more intimate experience, our Club InterContinental, adults only Infinity Pool, fine-dining, private beach-side Cabanas and private accommodation aim to provide our couples the seclusion and privacy they seek.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort- please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I just spent 5 amazing days at the Intercontinental Fiji. It was our first trip overseas and as we were celebrating our 5th anniversary we wanted something special.
The hotel is beautiful. The rooms very clean and the service outstanding. You must try Navo
restaurant. We took photo's of our meals they were so amazing. The concierge Nikki could not do enough for us, helping with all of our enquiries and having a bottle of champagne waiting in our room on our speacial day.If we ever make it back to Fiji we would not stay anywhere else. After seeing our photo's and hearing of our experience, our parents and their friends are booking a holiday mid year. I am very fussy as where I stay, ( only 5 star ) and I will never forget the Intercontinental Fiji.Better than any 5 star I have stayed at in Australia.

Room Tip: We had a beach front suite. Very quiet with no children around us.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sciona
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Bula sciona,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, and happy 5th anniversary! I’m delighted you and your husband enjoyed a relaxing and luxurious escape with us, and that you had the opportunity to experience our award-winning restaurant Navo.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, as well as Nikki, who will appreciate your great feedback!

I’m thrilled to hear your friends and family will be visiting our sunny shores soon also, please feel free to have them email me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure the team takes wonderful care of them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future too and wish you all the best.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We travelled to the Intercon prior to the December cyclone & found it to be a stunning resort with lovely rooms & facilities. The highlight of our trip was a birthday dinner in the Navo restaurant.

We travelled with our two young teen daughters who got a little bored after day four, we had already been in Fiji for a number of days (personally I was in heaven) / perhaps a decent older kids/ teens game room might be worth the resort investing in?

Overall if you are after a relaxing resort - this one ticks most boxes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Bula Casssie13,

Vinaka vaka levu for your review! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday to Natadola Bay and had the chance to celebrate such a special occasion with us.

I’m delighted you found your stay thoroughly relaxing, and thank you for your suggestions regarding teen activities. I hope your daughters had the opportunity to experience some of the exciting ‘In the Know’ activities such as exploring the Sigatoka Sand Dunes, the Navo Cave Tour, or one of our favourites- visiting Kula Eco Park. The resort also offers a range of ‘Teen Trekkers’ activities, which is a great way to involve the older children in some fun outdoor and cultural activities.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our sunny shores! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see the team takes wonderful care of you.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights with my husband, parents and 2 children aged 2 and 4. This resort was outstanding. I did a lot of research before we decided on where to stay and I wasn't disappointed. The food was always fresh, delicious and had child friendly options. There was never a concern about the freshness or quality of the food which is extremely important especially when travelling with kids. The family pool was excellent and as there was the adults only pool- you didn't feel like you were annoying anyone when swimming with your kids in the family pool. We found the beach to be excellent. A highlight was the bus trip to the local school. We used the kids club and the nannies. The kids club was a little boring- compared to other kids clubs we had been to and our 4 year old went once and refused to go back. The 2 year old was very happy with the nanny but the cost ads up over the stay. We found that the kids were having such a good time playing with all of the other children in the resort that we wanted to spend time with them anyway rather than sticking them in the kids club. The Vomo restaurant was superb- could not fault the service or the food. My husband also went on a resort fishing trip and the chefs cooked what he caught for us to eat that night- the most amazing tasting fish I have ever had!
My Mum come down with a chest infection on the first day we arrived and become quite sick- the on call doctor came to her room and assessed her, gave her antibiotics and she was on the mend in a few days- not at huge expense.
I would definitely recommend this resort if you are travelling with young children. The rooms are large and comfortable, the food fresh and delicious, the family pool is fantastic and has plenty of room and the kids can make as much noise as they like. We got private transfers from the airport to the resort and back and the mini bus was fitted with car seats. I think this resort is more expensive than others nearby, but I think the extra cost is worth it for the peace of mind. Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Louise H

Bula Louise H,

Thank you for writing a review f our resort. I was pleased to read you and your family had a lovely stay with us! We agree – while the resort and beach are beautiful, a trip to nearby Malomalo Primary School is a ‘must do’ and unforgettable experience.

While our kids club ‘Planet Trekkers’ offers a range of engaging cultural activities, with so much to do around the resort our younger guests often find themselves enjoying other aspects of the resort also! I was also thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience at Navo, especially having had your husband catch your dinner- what a memorable experience!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola’s beautiful shores! Please feel free to email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that our reservations team takes care of all your bookings needs.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!