“Professional Staff, a credit the the hotel.”

InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We checked into the resort the Monday morning the cyclone was due to hit. The fact a cyclone as coming did not dampen the warm welcome we received from the staff. We were able to check into our room early and went to have lunch at the restaurant.

Shortly after we ordered our meals the power went out, the staff were so professional and accommodating. The manager himself came and explained the situation to us himself and offered us the buffet as the a la carte menu could no longer be fulfilled. The whole time (mind you windows had started to break outside) the staff kept our safety and good customer service paramount.

After lunch we went back to our room and the hotel pretty much went into lock down. We were offered free in room movies as well as internet usage. Regular updates were provided through the resort channel on the tv as well as the PA system. At around 6pm there was a knock on the door and the staff bought around food packs of gourmet sandwiches, fruit, cake and chocolate as well as bottled water. We were astounded that the staff were putting us before their safety.

On the Tuesday morning it was all hands on deck and the clean up began. By Tuesday night one of the bars was opened, they had some live music playing and were making great cocktails. By Wednesday morning the main pool was open for swimming. Sadly we had to check out so we could fly back home so we did not get to see the full extent of how amazing the resort is and the golf clubs stayed in storage. I would return in a heart beat if I get the chance.

Well done once again to the amazing staff.

Room Tip: All rooms come with a cleopatra bath.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank misstravellots
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Bula vinaka misstravellots,

Thank you for your review of our resort! We appreciate your feedback, especially during the recent trying time! I am delighted you found the management and service satisfying, and more importantly that you and your family were safe and comfortable during the cyclone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay for a sunnier stay in the near future. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to book your next holiday and I will ensure our team takes great care of you once more.

Scott Williams

Write a ReviewReviews (2,792)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Traveling with my wife and 14month old son, we chose a beach front room based on other review of the noise of a pool room. Spending most of our time at the pool the noise level wasn't bad, mainly peaking earl afternoon, and to be honest if you're in your room during the day, why did you come to Fiji in the first place??
Our room was very spacious, we easily set up the ports to and still had room to move, both was well appointed and the bath on the balcony is a nice touch, especially love the Fiji products.

While your dining options are limited to 4 venues (including the golf club) they are all first rate, Breakfast buffet was exceptional. We took advantage of the early dining option at Navo on Christmas Eve and enjoyed a fabulous degustation menu with a view money couldn't buy. Lunch dining by the pool catered from Tabo was lovely with specials changing daily, only down side was the occasionally slow service, unless you were at the adults only infinity pool.
We ate off the room service menu one evening and found it to be the equal of any hotel with a good selection.
Kama lounge in the evening for cocktails and the dancing / fire show and sunset was a highlight for both us and my son who loved the community feel and interaction with other families, of which there were a few with similar aged children.

A lot of reviewers have bemoaned the price of drinks & food, I thought they were both very reasonable for a resort, once you take into account exchange rates a beer was the same as I'd pay here in Sydney ($6 - $7 bottle) and the buffet breakfast was $25AUD per person... I challenge anyone to find similar at a 5 star hotel in Sydney.

I expected more families however maybe the price put off larger ones, which was fine as most children were under 12 and all were very well behaved.
A wedding on the chapel lawn the day we checked in (22nd Dec) looked stunning and you hardly noticed the group the following days.
However, a large group did check in over the course of our stay and it seemed staff fell over them selves to look after them, culminating in our baggage being put on the groups bus on our day of departure (28th Dec), thankfully I happened to be at the porters desk and managed to catch it... Maybe this was down to senior staff gathering porters, waitresses, and housekeeping to sing farewell to this large group and not worrying about the 2 couple who arrived and took their own bags to checking desk and my bags being thrown on a bus.
The Fijian staff were a lot more friendly and approachable than the European staff who all appeared strut about like they were to important.

During our time I enquired about joining the loyalty club and was told I couldn't claim points for the stay we were currently on which is disappointing.

Over all we had a lovely time on our first family Christmas, I would recommend this resort for the fantastic beach, pools and spa.
Save some $$ and book a pool room, seriously if noise is a concern bring air plugs ;)

1  Thank kiwifire

Bula vinaka kiwifire,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review, we certainly value our guests’ feedback.

I was delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Natadola Bay and I was particularly pleased to see you enjoyed our friendly Fijian service and food and beverage options!

I do apologies for the inconvenience caused with your bags. I have passed this on to our team to ensure steps are taken to avoid any future confusion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home on Natadola Bay! Please do email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our reservations team takes great care of you!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We moved to the Intercontinental after the Hilton was trashed by the cyclone. It is spectacular. The foyer and resort are huge. We had three poolside rooms which were very well appointed comfortable and had nice views over the pools, house cleaning was inconsistent, but this is a small thing.
The pools are excellent and service pretty good for Fiji. Water sports were great, albeit, expensive.
The dining options are very limited. Navo is the top end restaurant, food was good and the service and setting superb. The main restaurant was great for breakfast with a a huge buffet, lunch was poolside and quite good but a little expensive. Dinner was variable, the seafood dinner was good, Christmas dinner was pretty good, the Asian dinner and Indian dinners were not so good, an increasing in prices to FJD85 up from from 75 for the festive season was poor form.
Because of the location of the hotel there are not many other viable dining options.
I recommend the hotel, it is pricey but very nice.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank IanB1965

Bula vinaka IanB1965,

Thank you for your review and thank you for recommending us! I was glad to read you were able to enjoy a wonderful Fijian holiday despite the recent adverse conditions, and I am pleased you found our facilities and service mostly superb.

While we have five dining options (including the Natadola Bay Golf Clubhouse) our Concierge guides recommend several local restaurants and cafes to satisfy our more adventurous guests and I hope you get to experience a few of these on your next visit!

We are looking forward to sharing our piece of paradise with you again, please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure the team in on hand to look after you.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived at the intercon on Boxing Day, a great welcome and not much physical damage to the hotel other than the gardens. But a couple of sad things, charges made to our room account by unknown !! And false fire alarms in our room , one at 5 am this morning, an early wake up call I did not ask for. Make sure you join Priority Privilege and receive 1 free meal in all the restaurant except for the golf club. Staff here are all friendly and a super location , walk along the sugar cane rail track through the local village passing goats, pigs , chickens and lots of Bulla Smiles to the golf club for breakfast

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trevmack

Bula vinaka Trevmack,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted you had a lovely stay with us and that you had the opportunity to experience the famous ‘Bula Spirit’ of the Fijian people!

I do apologise for the inconvenient timing of the fire alarm, while these are a necessity in every room our engineering team is on hand to deal with any unusual occurrences.

We look forward to having you stay with us again! Please do let me know on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and the team will be happy to take great care of you once again!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We arrived after the cyclone and there was some visible damage to the resort, mostly roof tiles and plants. If anyone said this ruined their experience, which I heard a few times, they are being pedantic. All up it is a nice resort although the rooms are what I would say is the minimum for 5 star. Staff are lovely. The golf course is phenomenal; many thanks to the locals who find your balls and sell them back to you. Without them I'd have had no balls left after a few days as its certainly not an easy course.

Room Tip: Everything here is an add in to your room so be prepared to pay.
2  Thank 500AMB

Bula vinaka 500AMB,

Vinaka vaka levu for your short but sweet review. We were quite fortunate to come out of the recent cyclone largely unscathed, and most importantly that our guests were safe and as comfortable as possible throughout this time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores for the true InterContinental Fiji five-star experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit again and I will ensure our team takes wonderful care of you.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We attended a family wedding and stayed for 7 days. What an awesome place for a weddinf snd the local entertainment was fantastic.

We have a family of 6 and our request for 2 rooms next to each other was met. We also have a family member with limited mobility an requested rooms to be centrally located to reduce walking distance and maintain independence was also met.

It is well worth purchasing a priority privilege card to get discounts at the restaurants and make sure your package includes at least $600fjd room credit. The food is awesome. Even though the buffet dinners are expensive, the seafood buffet and catch of the dry themes are awesome. Would also recommend having lunch at the golf club.

We did the tour to the local village and school, shopping trip to Sigatoka, snorkeling. Speaking of snorkeling, our son with mild Cerebral palsy was accommodated amazingly and was able to participate. Usually the group going to the local village would walk but the staff happily arranged for a resort minibus to take the group.

The staff were sooo friendly and made our kids feel at home. We didn't have to think of anything which made it feel like we had a real holiday.

We were sad to leave and in fact I cried.

We lived the pool and the fact that towels are supplied pool side was a real plus.

Would love to go back again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank hortontf

Bula vinaka hortontf,

Thank you for your great review! I was so pleased to read about all the wonderful aspects of the resort your family was able to experience while you were here!

We endeavour to accommodate our guests’ needs in any way possible and I am pleased your son had a wonderful time on Natadola Bay.

We are looking forward to seeing you again, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our team takes care of all your needs.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

It is without a doubt a beautiful resort. Staying at the club suites are fabulous. We did have hiccups being moved 3 times to a room but it eventually worked out to date (still here for a few more nights). The 2 bedders are absolutely huge. Housekeeping is good. Views tremendous. Beach beautiful. The club is truly a reort within a resort. We notice when we mention our room number that he service in the other area is picked up and not so much on "Fiji time". Attention and turn aroun in the club is goo. The buggy boys are so courteous, friendl and helpful as are the restaurant staff. They are a friendly bunch. Sala is a wonderful lady who has assisted us a great deal. She has carried out what she said she woul do or us and helped further. It is staff like this that make our stay wonderful and a staff member whom are hard to find and definitely someone to keep and promote. Thank you sala. The kids club is good. The first visit our kids weren't given drinks so were thirsty when we collected them. We since informed them and will hopefully see improvement. It is so peaceful up in the club and love staying up here. The kids do enjoy the kids pool so we venture down to break up our day. Toba has great food and we like the environment for dinner. Sanasana has the buffet meals and that has a pretty good selection of food. We prefer the club longe for breakfast though as its so busy for breakfast in sanasana. We had Santa arrive on Xmas day by boat of the kids and it was so lovely. It was a great experience and The kids enjoyed it then headed off to the kids pool with their goodies bag. All in all to date we are enjoying ourselves its just picturesque you just feel so spoiled. The perks with the club are fabulous as well.

Room Tip: If you are up in the club I suggest you request a room close to the club lounge particularly if you...
1  Thank Malsywalsy

Bula vinaka Malsywalsy,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted you and your family thoroughly enjoyed Club InterContinental and its privileges!

Sala and our Itokani butlers will be thrilled to hear your feedback and I will be sure to pass this on to them. We look forward to your next visit! Do feel free to email me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure your needs are well taken care of once again.

Scott Williams

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
16 mi away
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!