When our family of 3 were invited to a wedding in Fiji last year we started researching where we'd stay right away.
We chose the Coral Coast as we had limited time in Fiji and needed to be in Denarau for the wedding,
From the travel brochures and hotel websites we chose the Intercontinental for the first part of our stay. We then checked out other members comments and reviews on Tripadvisor. The reviews had us a little concerned as many of them were negative and there were lots of comments about toddlers running riot at the resort. We traveled with our 17 year old son and were looking for a relaxing holiday somewhere where he could also entertain himself with water sport etc.
Our experience with the resort can only be described as perfect. We chose a garden view room with 2 double beds. The room was lovely with a contemporary feel and tropical touches as well as the decadent cleopatra bath on the balcony. Wood shutters, stone surfaces in the bathroom, a practical curtain to pull across the balcony, great lounging chairs and chaise on balcony. The gardens throughout the resort were well maintained and gorgeous. The restaurants were all good and each had their specialties. The bar was great and was the central point for much entertainment including Cava Ceremony, Flame lighting ceremony, live music and ofcourse, Happy Hour.
The adult pool was just perfect and lying there looking across the infinity pool to beautiful Natadola Bay beyond was one of the highlights of the trip. Unlike the visits of some other members we did not experience any children in the adult pool. Activities for children were held at the family pool where we did see lots of kids having a great time.
Pool furniture around the adult pool was abundant and well maintained. Towels were always available and handed out by smiling, friendly staff.
Yes, this area is quite isolated. However, there are lots of activities to keep you busy for a few days and it is also the perfect spot to unwind and let the stresses of your day to day life just melt away. My husband had a wonderful round of golf at the Natadola Golf Club with our son as caddy. The course is magnificently picturesque and nicely challenging.
One of the other areas of concern was a complaint which popped up several times about children at the Sanasana restaurant. I must say that management must have seen these comments and have acted on this in the most perfect way. When you arrive to have a meal - breakfast, lunch or dinner - the staff size your group up, and quickly and efficiently take you to your seat. What I noticed is that they discreetly take families with younger children to the "family" section. The staff are just wonderful with the younger ones and some parents may find it hard to come home without the wonderful Fijian babysitters. I don't think I really saw one child tantrum the whole time we were at the resort. Yes, this is a family resort and there were more toddlers than I've seen at the local kinder but I never felt troubled by them.
Lastly I really need to mention some of the wonderful, warm, friendly people we met at the resort - the entertaining Joe who served us at breakfast and at the Toba bar, Ice man who looked great in a grass skirt and taught the 3 of us to drink Kava, Josiah who worked in activities and also donned a grass skirt at times and who humbled us by inviting us to meet his family at his village (your kindness and warmth will never be forgotten), Weiss who delighted my son with his friendship and huge muscles. I am sorry if I have not mentioned you all by name but please know that you truly made the Fijian experience a magical one for us. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka