We stayed at Mamas for two nights whilst in Nadi for a friend's wedding. We had been corresponding with Mama by email a bit before arriving and found her helpful from the start. On arriving Cathy was very friendly and when Mama saw us she gave us the biggest hugs and we were welcomed to the family.
The hotel is in an area a bit away from Nadi town centre among several other resorts which were mainly full of young backpackers. There isn't much around there to do, just to note. There is a small pool, bar, office with lots of brochures and info and a cafe area. There is also lots of seating outside and it backs straight onto the beach was was great. The beach isn't particularly beautiful in that area but sand was soft and clean.
Mama was very kind and upgraded us to an en suite large room which was much appreciated. The room was basic but had tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and air con (which we didn't actually need). It also had a balcony and windows on 3 sides so was very light. It was perfectly clean and comfy and we found it to be quiet at night. We had a basic breakfast included as well.
I would definitely recommend having some of the food here. We made the mistake on the first night of going to a place next door which had an all you can eat curry buffet to save some money but wished we hadn't. They were so rude and the food was bad. We did have some lunch at Mamas and it was delicious! We had a burger which was homemade and full of salad.
The resort next door had fire dancers one night so we just walked across the beach and went to watch which was fun. I think a lot of the resorts have things going on that you can join in with.
When we had to get to the wedding, Mama's husband drove us there which was really kind and another example of the kindness shown to us. I have no idea what the review below is going on about, but all of the staff were so friendly and helpful to us. If you are staying in this area I'd definitely recommend Mama's as the others seem more touristy and the staff aren't as nice, but at Mama's you will feel like you have come home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catering for budget minded travellers, Tropic of Capricorn offers beachfront bliss, seamless island connections, easy airport transfer, free WiFi and spectacular sunsets. The location provides 180 degree ocean views spanning Denarau Marina, Mamanuca Islands, Yasawa Islands and the Sleeping Giant Mountain. We have a great selection of rooms, featuring Budget Doubles and Oceanfront Privates. All accommodation includes hot showers, comfy beds and air conditioning. All guests are welcome to enjoy the large breezy lounge, cocktail bar, swimming pool, beach deck and beachside sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Tropic of Capricorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropic Of Capricorn Hotel Nadi
- Tropic Of Capricorn Fiji/Nadi