To be quite frank, this is not the kind of resort you go to if you intend being waited upon like you are royal. If you want luxury, if you want the staff to take a bow whenever you pass them, if you expect the menu to be a la carte cuisine.... go ahead and pay for it! Tropic of Capricorn is one of the best budget accommodation resorts you will find in Nadi. This is where you go when you want to have a vacation without being treated like a simple tourist. This isn't just a resort, this is a home. Mama is the owner and the manager and on more than one occasion you will find her in the kitchen busily preparing your meals. Mama and her ladies make you feel like you are a part of the family. The simple rooms with their sand colored walls, wooden floors and clean, white sheets are very homely. It doesn't really matter if you have an ocean view because most of the time you keep the blinds shut to keep the heat of the sun out anyway. If you walk out onto the dining patio you have the beach stretched out in front of you and you can watch the sun set every day. Breakfast is included and from 7 to 9 am, fairly simple but the perk is Mama doesn't mind if you overslept as long as you help yourself. Some lovely, traditional Fijian dishes can be conjured up in the kitchen and you don't want to miss Mama's Sunday Roast. Need a change of restaurant scenery, you will also find good food (and free internet) over at the Coconut Backpackers, Smugglers Cove charges the same prices for portions that are considerably smaller. There is a bus that pics you up just in front of the resort, and for $1,10 p.P you can travel to Nadi and end its route at the bus station. If you would like to do some Island hopping, Cathy will advise you and take care of all the bookings and transfers to get to you where you want to be. This place is down to earth, quite and peaceful if you understand, this is where you truly learn what Fiji Time means. This is a place where you can let go and relax. If you are young and want to party... try the Coconut Backpackers. If you want the Fiji you see on the brochures... you'll have to pay the price. If you want everything to be perfect... stay at home and don't even dare to leave your organized lives to visit Fiji. If you are not a people's person... that's your problem, don't write a bad review about the Resort. Mama's is a place to call home away from home where you can really have that Fiji time you where looking for. Thank you all again. Vinaka Mama, we will miss you and look forward to seeing you again. Take care!!! Vanuinui vinaka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catering for budget minded travellers, Tropic of Capricorn offers beachfront bliss, seamless island connections, easy airport transfer, free WiFi and spectacular sunsets. The location provides 180 degree ocean views spanning Denarau Marina, Mamanuca Islands, Yasawa Islands and the Sleeping Giant Mountain. We have a great selection of rooms, featuring Budget Doubles and Oceanfront Privates. All accommodation includes hot showers, comfy beds and air conditioning. All guests are welcome to enjoy the large breezy lounge, cocktail bar, swimming pool, beach deck and beachside sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tropic of Capricorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropic Of Capricorn Hotel Nadi
- Tropic Of Capricorn Fiji/Nadi