“Best Value Best People !!!”

Tropic of Capricorn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights between islands and the staff couldn't be any more helpful. Mama is a legend she let us join the family and some nice cooking from Bella and activities organised by Holly :) Already planning the next visit back thanks Tropic of Capricorn. Tom and Rachel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mama406, Manager at Tropic of Capricorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Bula Tom & Rachael

Thank you for your short sweet review and again for being with us in a couple of days. This review will surely be beneficial to other travelers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously enhance our service deliverables.
I am extremely proud to say that we will continue to extend our service at Mamas Tropic.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back to Fiji.

Best Wishes,
Holeva

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and I stayed for just 3 nights and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

We had a private airconditioned room with a balcony looking directly over the beach for only £20 a night. I don't know where else outside South East Asia you can find at.

Breakfast was light but all we needed and more than I expected for the price. We ate all other meals elsewhere, but tgat was just to see other places.

Mama was so friendly and looked after us and all the other staff we're so nice too.

It is definitely the epitome of value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

What makes I remember this place is not the facilities but the staff. The warm and kind Fijians with their enthusiasm and friendliness really make us want to come back. Mama (with 1 dog and 4 cats) jokes every time talking with me, Bella cooks delicious dishes (except chicken sweet and sour :) recommend beef/chicken stir fry, people laugh at me when I need extra rice everyday), Anna runs her small massage service and Kele with his helpful tourist center.

The location is between the airport and Nadi town (about FJD$15 taxi to these places). I spent 5 nights here and most information for our trip comes from nice staff (they loved us, I believed - the first Vietnameses stayed here). Mama promised that our picture will be hung on the hotel's wall someday.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hoàng C
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a great stay at the Tropic of Capricorn - always in the same room, #15, on the 3rd floor with a balcony. Comfy, inexpensive. We took a few trips to different areas of Fiji (the Yasawas, then out to Suva, then the Beach House) and were able to leave our luggage, which really helped. (Booked the trip to the Yasawas with Tropic of C's tour desk.)

Definitely stay here - not posh, but very nice and homey.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for the ocean view, but it gave us a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phebess
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The location was amazing, the pool was great, the sitting room great, and I liked the presence of animals. However, I wish there had been more food options ie. snacks or half meals, and that the breakfast was more than toast, even if at a greater cost. Also, I could not sleep during the night because from my room on the ground floor I could HEAR EVERYTHING going on in the place, including very loud drinking until dawn by the staff members and their friends, during which the previously cute dog barked and howled without restraint. I would not have stayed more than the night I did in transit to an island resort, and will not be making a return visit.

Room Tip: Do NOT go on ground level. Choose one with a balcony or else you will not sleep. (And even then I do...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at Mamas three different times, first time one night, second 5 night and the third 8 nights. Mama was there the first two times but even though she went to New Zealand I had a great time!! Kele and Auntie Bella is nice and helpful, the food is GREAT (the spaghetti bolognese blows your mind!!!!) No bedbugs, clean sheets and hot showers! And if you want to go different day activities just ask Kele and he'll hook you up! Plus if you want to go to the island and not bring your big backpack you can just leave it there.

Right next to mamas is smugglers which is really expensive (38 dollars for a 30 bed dorm!!) and bamboo is full of bedbugs and you have to keep your valuables with you! I really recommend this place out of those and even in Nadi (stayed at a few other hostels in Nadi). Thanks so much for your hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Spent one night before travelling to the islands which was great. Mama really looked after me, just like being at home. However when I returned a few days later not quite the same service. Seemed to be an inconvenience to order food. Also realised I had 'lost' a t shirt when my laundry was done during first stay and saw one of the staff wearing it when I returned. Tried to think of it as a coincidence until she went into the kitchen and turned it inside out. As mama wasn't around I didn't feel comfortable to confront any one about it. Pool is good and spacious dorm.

• Stayed: October 2013